How to Rip and Convert DVD to AVI with DVD to AVI Ripper?
AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is a multimedia container format introduced by Microsoft in November 1992. AVI files can contain both audio and video data in a file container that allows synchronous audio-with-video playback, and support multiple streaming audio and video. It’s a very popular format compatible with multiple devices. What about watch your DVD movies in AVI files on your portable device? Next is about how to convert DVD to AVI with DVDFab DVD Ripper, a flexible tool to convert DVD to various formats including AVI.
Rip DVD to AVI>Step 1: Run DVDFab DVD Ripper – to AVI and open source
Install and start DVDFab, go to "DVD Ripper" mode, select "to AVI" option under this mode. Then you need to insert your DVD for the application to open it as the source. You will be asked to specify the disc's region code, just select a corresponding one, click "OK", and wait seconds for its opening.
Rip DVD to AVI>Step 2: Choose conversion titles
DVDFab can convert many titles simultaneously, so you can choose more than one title for conversion if you want. Then go to Profile drop down list to choose profiles for the titles. All the profiles are pre-determined and optimized, so you don't need to set anything, just select them easily. Output audio track and subtitles are also here for your free choice. What's more, if you want to convert only part of a title, go to click "Title Start/End Settings" to select the exact segment by ranging start and end chapter. You can also preview title in the left bottom corner of the main interface.
Rip DVD to AVI>Step 3: Advanced settings
1) Mobile task settings: Click "Open Queue", you will open the Mobile Task Queue window including all tasks. If you want to convert a title with other different profiles, no problem. Highlight a task and click "Copy", you will duplicate a same task, then click its profile to activate the profile drop down list in which you can choose a different profile to produce a whole new task. If you want to remove a task out of the queue, just highlight it then click "Remove".
2) Conversion settings: Click "Conversion Settings" to enter into the Conversion Settings window. You can set bit rate, file size, frame resolution, aspect ratio, frame rate, etc. for the video format, and bit rate, channel, volume for the audio format. The file name can also be changed if you like.
3) Video Effect Settings: Click "Video Effect Settings" to set video effect through "Resize" and "Crop".
Resize: You can change the source aspect ratio, output frame resolution and aspect ratio under "Resize" option.
Crop: You can either crop video automatically to remove black bars, or choose "Customized" to set crop values or crop frame. If you don't want to change the aspect ratio while cropping, just check the "Keep Aspect Ratio" box. You are free to move between Letterbox mode and Pan&Scan mode.
Rip DVD to AVI>Step 4: Convert
Everything is OK now, return to the main UI, just hit "Start" button to begin converting. You can see the progress as below.
After a short time when this DVD to AVI conversion is completed, you will get your AVI video files successfully, with outstanding image and effect quality.
- How to Convert DVD to iPad/iPad 2 with DVD to iPad/iPad 2 Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to iPod/iPhone 4S with DVD Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to MP4 with DVD to MP4 Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to PSP with DVD to PSP Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to ZUNE with DVD to ZUNE Ripper?