- What does "Task_1 Error=100" mean?
- Why the preview feature does not work?
- Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
- What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
- What does " Writing device initialization failed" mean?
- How to remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement'?
- What does "Task_1 Error=105" mean?
- What does DVD Folder mean?
- What does "task_2 Error=116" mean and how to fix it?
- Where should I renew my DVDFab?
What does "Task_1 Error=100" mean?
Error 100 in task 1 means "Failed to open file". Usually, it means that some IFO files can't be open or read, since the disc is dirty or scratched. Please clean your disc first, or use Full Disc mode to see the result.
Why the preview feature does not work?
There are three methods to fix the problelm:
1. Open "Common Settings/General/Preview", enable "Show preview window automatically" and "Play selected source automatically" under "Playback" section, and set "Decoder" as "DirectShow". Then re-launch the program so that the new setting can take effect.
2. Upgrade your driver of Graphics Card to the latest. Your graphics can not support DirectX 9.
3. Open "Common Settings/Preview", disable the option "Enable DXVA Acceleration".
Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
The current DVDFab does not convert VHS to DVD, vice versa.
What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
There are several methods:
1. When you copy and burn movie DVDs with DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks;
2. Update firmware to the latest version for your Writer;
3. Slow down the writing speed to half of the rated speed of your blank discs;
4. Use quality blank media;
5. Do not burn continually.The temperature on the DVD/CD-ROM burner could be very high, which may result in mistakes while burning, even damage the DVD/CD-ROM burner.
What does " Writing device initialization failed" mean?
It means that your writer fails to start up for unknown reason.
1. You can check if the power supply of your DVD drive is strong. If necessary, please change the power line for a better one.
2. Before triggering the burning process, give DVDFab a few seconds to access the blank media from the DVD drive after the latter is put in.
How to remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement'?
To remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement', you need specify the disc's region code. You can also open "Common Settings" window, click on "Protection", choose the right region code same as listed on the original DVD package using the drop down selector.
Note: If your source movie disc does not contain RCE protection, or if the region code of your drive and the movie disc is the same, DVDFab will not popup the box which asks you to specify the region code.
What does "Task_1 Error=105" mean?
Task_1 Error 105 means there is an unexpected packet in VOB file, signaling that the disc is dirty or scratched. Please clean it first and then try Full Disc mode to see the result.
What does DVD Folder mean?
Speaking of DVD folders, we are referring to the folders and file structures on the disc. If you open (not play it) a DVD on your PC, you will see two folders on the DVD disc, one is named "Video_TS" filled by VOB files, BUP files and IFO files, and the other one is called "Audio_TS", which usually is an empty folder.
DVDFab DVD Copy can copy the DVD movie off the original disc and save it onto computer HDD as standard DVD movie folder, so that you can play the movie folder by some media player software on your computer.
What does "task_2 Error=116" mean and how to fix it?
It is an error about "burning failed" or "process aborted". Please try the following steps to see if the problem can be fixed:
1. Install the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.DVDFab.cn/download.htm
2. Update the firmware of DVD writer to the latest;
3. Enable DMA mode for DVD writer;
4. Slow down the burning speed;
5. Try different brands of blank media, like the well-known ones from Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim, and keep away from crap ones like Memorex;
6. Try different formats of blank media, like DVD+/-R/RW if your DVD writer supports;
Check the detailed burning problems and solutions here.
Where should I renew my DVDFab?
To renew your products, please go to DVDFab Member Center at http://www.DVDFab.cn/member.htm.