- Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
- What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
- What does " Writing device initialization failed" mean?
- How to remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement'?
- What does "Task_1 Error=105" mean?
- What does DVD Folder mean?
- What does "task_2 Error=116" mean and how to fix it?
- Can I convert source files to VOB files?
- How to add external subtitles for the converted file?
- Can I just copy movies to hard drive, then burn them to blank media later?
Does DVDFab support to convert VHS to DVD?
The current DVDFab does not convert VHS to DVD, vice versa.
What can I do to ensure my burning progress successful?
There are several methods:
1. When you copy and burn movie DVDs with DVDFab, please disable all the other background tasks;
2. Update firmware to the latest version for your Writer;
3. Slow down the writing speed to half of the rated speed of your blank discs;
4. Use quality blank media;
5. Do not burn continually.The temperature on the DVD/CD-ROM burner could be very high, which may result in mistakes while burning, even damage the DVD/CD-ROM burner.
What does " Writing device initialization failed" mean?
It means that your writer fails to start up for unknown reason.
1. You can check if the power supply of your DVD drive is strong. If necessary, please change the power line for a better one.
2. Before triggering the burning process, give DVDFab a few seconds to access the blank media from the DVD drive after the latter is put in.
How to remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement'?
To remove the 'RCE - Region Code Enhancement', you need specify the disc's region code. You can also open "Common Settings" window, click on "Protection", choose the right region code same as listed on the original DVD package using the drop down selector.
Note: If your source movie disc does not contain RCE protection, or if the region code of your drive and the movie disc is the same, DVDFab will not popup the box which asks you to specify the region code.
What does "Task_1 Error=105" mean?
Task_1 Error 105 means there is an unexpected packet in VOB file, signaling that the disc is dirty or scratched. Please clean it first and then try Full Disc mode to see the result.
What does DVD Folder mean?
Speaking of DVD folders, we are referring to the folders and file structures on the disc. If you open (not play it) a DVD on your PC, you will see two folders on the DVD disc, one is named "Video_TS" filled by VOB files, BUP files and IFO files, and the other one is called "Audio_TS", which usually is an empty folder.
DVDFab DVD Copy can copy the DVD movie off the original disc and save it onto computer HDD as standard DVD movie folder, so that you can play the movie folder by some media player software on your computer.
What does "task_2 Error=116" mean and how to fix it?
It is an error about "burning failed" or "process aborted". Please try the following steps to see if the problem can be fixed:
1. Install the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.DVDFab.cn/download.htm
2. Update the firmware of DVD writer to the latest;
3. Enable DMA mode for DVD writer;
4. Slow down the burning speed;
5. Try different brands of blank media, like the well-known ones from Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim, and keep away from crap ones like Memorex;
6. Try different formats of blank media, like DVD+/-R/RW if your DVD writer supports;
Check the detailed burning problems and solutions here.
Can I convert source files to VOB files?
For the time being, DVDFab Video Converter does not support to convert source files to VOB files. We will support that in future versions.
Note: DVDFab DVD Creator converts all kinds of video files into standard DVD format, which is VOB encoded, you may give that a shot.
How to add external subtitles for the converted file?
You can add the external subtitle for converted files in "External Subtitle Settings" window. This feature is available at the Main Interface.
Can I just copy movies to hard drive, then burn them to blank media later?
Yes, you can. Please follow the steps as bellow:
1. Insert the original movie into your DVD drive, after analyze, choose the copy option you want on main screen, click on the folder icon or the iso icon next to the target box to browse a save location on your hard drive. Then start the copy process.
2. After copy, you will get a DVD folder which is in your save location.
3. Then you can use "Write Data" option and choose the DVD folder as the source to burn to the writable disk later.