How to Rip and Convert DVD to MKV with DVD to MKV Ripper?
The Matroska Multimedia Container （shorted as "MKV" ) is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska has 3 types as video file, audio-only file, and subtitles file.
MKV is the video type with subtitles and audio which takes up more capacity yet maintains higher visual quality. If you want to convert DVD to format files and decrease the inevitable quality damage, then you can convert DVD to MKV with DVDFab DVD Ripper, a powerful and flexible tool to convert DVD to various formats playable by various multimedia players and mobile devices. The next content will show you how simple the conversion could be.
Rip DVD to MKV>Step 1: Import DVD
Download and install DVDFab, run DVDFab, go to "DVD Ripper", then select "to MKV" among the options under this mode. Insert your source DVD for the program to import it in.
Rip DVD to MKV>Step 2: Select titles
Select one or more titles that you intend to convert (DVDFab supports batch conversion). Then select pre-set profile in the profile drop-down list for title. You can also select your preferred output audio track and subpicture. If you don't want to convert the whole content of a title, you can click "Title Start/End Settings" to range the start chapter and end chapter to get an exact segment. By the way, DVDFab enables you to preview title in the left bottom corner of the main interface.
Rip DVD to MKV>Step 3: Advanced settings
1) Click "Open Queue", you will see a Mobile Task Queue including all the conversion tasks. You can fulfill batch conversion for one title with many different profiles here. Explain in detail: highlight a task then click "Copy", you will get a same task, click its profile to open the profile drop-down list, choose a different one, then a whole new task is produced. If you want to remove a task, highlight it and click "Remove" button.
2) Click "Conversion Settings" to set bit rate, frame resolution, frame rate, aspect ratio, etc. for the video format, set bit rate, channel, and volume for the audio format. You can also decide the encoding method, whether split title or not, and how to deal with subpicture (extract to idx/sub file or render directly to video).
3) Click "Video Effect Settings" to set video effect. Two modes are available: Resize and Crop.
"Resize" enables you to re-set the frame resolution for your output video, and you can change the source aspect ratio when necessary.
"Crop" lets you freely crop by adjusting frame mark on the source video or typing values into the 4 crop boxes through "Customized" option. And you can also choose "Automatic" to let DVDFab remove black bars off the source video automatically.
Note: If you don't want to change the aspect ratio, please check "Keep Aspect Ratio". And you can deal with the black bars on the output video by sliding from Letterbox to Pan&Scan. In the left bottom corner is the detail video information.
Rip DVD to MKV>Step 4: Start converting
Hit "Start" button on the main interface to start converting. You can see the progress as below.
You see? The whole process of DVD to MKV conversion just needs so simple steps. With DVDFab DVD Ripper, you can also convert DVD to other popular formats with very fast speed and high quality.
- How to Convert DVD to iPad/iPad 2 with DVD to iPad/iPad 2 Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to iPod/iPhone 4S with DVD Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to MP4 with DVD to MP4 Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to PSP with DVD to PSP Ripper?
- How to Rip and Convert DVD to ZUNE with DVD to ZUNE Ripper?