How to Get Amazon Prime Video App on Your Devices?
Summary: Amazon Prime Video app has been around for some time, probably earliest among all online streaming services. But do you know how to get Prime Video app on any of your devices? Check this article, you will get to know all the details, in case you don't yet.
Table of Contents
- 2. Availability of Amazon Prime Video App
Amazon Prime Video app has been around for some time, probably earliest among all online streaming services. Amazon Prime was first launched as a paid subscription service by Amazon. It provided access to users across several countries to additional services that were unavailable or came at a premium in general. Services included the same day or delivery in one or two days of different goods. Among the services launched Amazon Video was also included. It is available today on different platforms, like live streaming, and on-demand video service.
Prime membership made the video streaming service available across several countries such as India, United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Canada, and Australia. This instant streaming video service included access to TV programs and select films at the cost of taking up Prime membership.
Prime Video app was launched separately, allowing Prime members to access the streaming service exclusively. As per the country that you log in from, the kind of TV shows and movies available vary. Some are international content, available across several countries. There is also regional content available. Today Prime is known to have a subscriber base of over 200 million. They are spread across 100 countries and more worldwide. Prime membership also includes other privileges such as a lending library concept among Kindle owners. This allows users to borrow certain eBooks for a month. Those who have academic domain email addresses are also eligible for privileges under the Prime student category.
Amazon Prime Video app is available for Android as well as iOS devices, developed originally as an American subscription on-demand video service. Indeed, it was one of a kind rental and over-the-top streaming service that Amazon.com launched, part of the Prime subscription that it launched. The service includes the distribution of television series and films produced or licensed by Amazon, known as Prime Originals. The service also includes content from different providers, live sports events, video rentals as well as purchasing services.
Prime video membership started around 2011. Except for countries such as Syria, North Korea, Iran, and Mainland China, Prime Video is available across the world. Today the service is available through online web browsers as well as through apps. In the section below we explore the different devices on which you can run the app and enjoy content through your subscription plan.
Amazon Prime Video app is available on Amazon devices as well as on Android platforms. It is available on many smart TVs and game consoles as well. For instance:
- The Prime Video app is available for Amazon Fire’s range of devices and third-party mobiles that support Amazon.
- Digital media players such as Roku.
- Gaming consoles.
- Android smartphones and tablets.
- Android TV app as Amazon Prime app is available as well for many smart TV models.
Initially, there was no support for the Chromecast platform or for Apple TV. However, there is an app available for Apple TV and Chromecast support has been added as well. Hence, the applicability of the app for different devices and platforms has expanded as well. In general, you can watch Amazon Prime on a computer as easily as watching Amazon videos on android.
Amazon Prime Video app is not required when you wish to watch through your computer. Prime video, without the Prime video app, works for most computers running different versions of Windows. If you have any of the following web browsers you can access Prime Video easily:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
Indeed, video playback is possible to enjoy on the above web browsers. On the web browser, you can enjoy HD video quality when you stream Prime. The sound quality is stereo and you will have access to all audio features. These include audio description, subtitles. You will find live streaming works smoothly on your Windows, without the use of the Amazon Prime app. Of course, there is live ad support and channels that are ad-supported. If you are running Windows 10, you will find the Amazon video app available for such a version.
Hence, it is easy to watch Amazon Prime on computer, as long as you have any of the listed web browsers and a working internet connection. Once you open the Prime Video portal and log in, it is easy to figure out how to watch Amazon Prime movies.
Amazon Prime Video app is available for PC, including a Mac computer. Hence, if you have already subscribed to the service, you can download the Amazon Prime video app for Mac in the following steps:
- The Amazon video app is available on the App Store for iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- It is a popular streaming service that allows you to find TV shows and films as per your preferences.
- With the Amazon Prime video app for Mac, it is possible to enjoy the video streaming of high quality and ultra-fast.
- There are several features that this app provides; for instance, you can download videos and watch them offline, anywhere, and any time.
- Prime users get access to 150 or more channels such as HBO, STARZ, and Cinemax. However, this feature is available to members in select countries.
- With the Mac app, you can access 100,000 and more titles, the latest television series, and movies.
- There is exclusive content that you can enjoy as part of the Amazon Originals; this includes popular movies such as Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, or the kid’s series called Tumble Leaf.
- X-ray feature provides IMDB data on videos that you watch; this includes information on actors, screenplay, or production as well as of songs.
Amazon Prime Video app is available on most of the smart TV models these days. Of course, supported features can vary as per the model you are using. In general, smart TVs of the following brands support the Prime video app:
Amazon Prime app in all these TVs usually supports streaming video quality, up to the ultra-high definition. You also get to enjoy the surround sound of 5.1 along with Dolby Atmos quality. Live streaming is supported in the models of 2014 and newer ones in general. If your TV is on the Android platform, you will probably find Amazon Prime movies app already pre-installed in the unit.
In case it is not pre-installed in the unit, here are the steps to follow to get it done:
- Visit the app store on the device.
- Download the Amazon Prime video app for free.
- Open the app and sign in, using your user credentials.
- Now the app will show the list of shows and movies; all you need to do is choose a show or movie to stream.
The above steps illustrate how to watch movies on Amazon Prime, on a smart TV. The interface of the TV app might differ from what you find on your mobile device. However, the app will adapt to your TV’s capability and showcase resolution and audio quality accordingly. As per the device you are using, you can enjoy a High dynamic range and up to 4K resolution in streaming.
The Prime Video app is available for most Android devices. Whether you are using an Android smartphone or tablet, you can easily download and use the Amazon Prime app on it. Here are the steps to do so:
- Amazon android movie app is available on Google Play.
- Visit the Play store and look for the app.
- Once the app is found, click on it to download the same.
- Once the app is installed, sign in using your subscription credentials.
- In case you are new to the app, it is possible to sign up on your android device, choosing a subscription plan that suits you.
- You could even opt for the trial period to enjoy the shows and movies for free and for a limited time span.
It is enjoyable watching Amazon videos on android since you can stream high-quality video on your smartphone or tablet, using the app. Sound quality is great as well, along with closed captions and live streaming features. Ad-supported channels are also shown on the Android app.
In general, it is a lightweight application that does not occupy much of your device’s memory space. It also works smoothly, as long as you have good cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. With the android app, there is much that you can do. Simply log in and find your favorite shows listed upfront. In case you were watching a show and left it in between, it will simply resume from where you left off. Also, you can download the shows or movies you like to watch through your account. This allows you to watch movies and shows offline as well.
Amazon video app has a download option that allows users to watch shows or movies offline. All you need is a Fire tablet or Prime app on Windows 10, Android devices, or iOS devices.
Steps to download videos on the Amazon Prime TV app or on your mobile are as follows:
- Open the app on the device you are using.
- Ensure that you are logged in.
- Once you find the title you wish to watch or download, click on the same.
- When it is movies, simply opt for the title on the Details page.
- When you wish to save TV shows, you have the option to download the entire season or individual episodes.
- Select the “Download” icon by the episodes list.
Currently, you can download shows and movies on all compatible devices except on Airplay or on Chromecast. Offline playback is available on certain TV models as well. However, they need to have certain adaptors to enable such download.
It is easy to opt for Amazon.com to get Android Video to download and save your favorite shows or movies. All you need to do is log onto the web browser, open the Prime Video website and log in. Once you have logged in, simply find the title you wish to download. You will get options as per the kind of resolution you wish to save. The same comes up on Amazon instant video app for Android tablets as well. Since you are saving on your mobile device hard drive, the options of saving in varying resolutions come in handy.
There is an option to delete downloads as well. Hence, if you feel that many downloads are already saved, to empty up space you can delete downloads from the Downloads section.
However, there are things you need to keep in mind: you cannot keep the downloaded Prime videos forever, you cannot transfer the downloaded Prime videos to other devices other than the one you downloaded onto, and you are only allowed 48 hours to complete watching your downloaded videos once you actually begin to watch them. Sounds a little bit harsh, right? Yeah, but that's pretty much every streaming service does. So is there a way to break these limits? Sure, there is. A 3rd-party Amazon downloader software is the key.
DVDFab Amazon Downloader is born for this mission. With it, you are able to download all the 4K Amazon prime videos to your computer, not to mention the 720p MP4 videos. In other words, you are no longer be bond by Amazon's rules you can watch them everywhere, on any device if you like.
Main Features of this Amazon Downloader:
- Download 1080p/720p MP4 videos
- Download EAC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 audios
- Download subtitles and metadata information
- Batch-download multiple episodes in one go
- Encode the downloaded videos with H.264 or H.265 codec
Steps to download Amazon Prime videos:
- Step 1: Start DVDFab Downloader, navigate to Streaming Services from the left panel
- Step 2: Open Amazon Prime video website, login to your account and play the video to be downloaded
- Step 3: When a popup windows with two buttons shows up, click on the Download Now button to start downloading the video being played.
That's pretty much all the things you need to pay attention to about how to download Amazon Prime videos with DVDFab Amazon Downloader.
Amazon Prime TV app has been around since the early times when online and on-demand streaming services launched. Indeed, Amazon made it a unique service, being one of the several services it offered through its online marketplace. Their online distribution model made it easy to launch the video streaming service. Soon it demarcated the service under Prime membership. Hence, those who opted for this premier or exclusive membership could get several benefits, including a subscription to the Prime app.
With the launch of the app, exclusivity was brought in for this video streaming service. Amazon then focused on creating original content as well as getting rights to air classic and popular shows and movies from other channels. Prime membership thus opened up a new world of entertainment to Amazon subscribers. The app made it even easier for subscribers to watch their favorite shows and movies on the go. For instance, they can enjoy live streaming on their living room TVs. At the same time, when you are traveling or are outside with time to spare, the app brings the same entertainment to your fingertips. With download options in varying resolutions, you can save as many files as you wish on your mobile device as well.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline