How to Cast Amazon Prime onto a Chromecast via the Chromecast Amazon Prime Video App and Other Devices
Summary: How to cast Amazon Prime onto a Chromecast via the Chromecast Amazon Prime Video App and other devices? Read this article to find all the answers to your questions.
Table of Contents
- 5. Can you download Amazon Prime Video shows for offline viewing?
If you are a video and entertainment enthusiast, you would find Amazon Prime Video one of the extremely effective and efficient options for most of your entertainment needs. If you have been a long term user of Amazon Prime Video, you would be aware that there are several limitations that you would find on Amazon Prime Video. The Streaming service does not work with most of the Google related services. Chromecast is one of them. Are you looking to find out how to cast Amazon Prime onto a Chromecast device? We will try finding the best options offered for accessing the Chromecast functionality on Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video is a video streaming service that forms part of the Amazon Prime subscription. It offers you access to a subscription without any extra cost for watching hundreds of video streaming content on your device. The content available on Amazon Prime Video includes a wide range of videos, TV shows, movies, and Amazon originals that can further improve your experience ever.
The high degree of the versatility offered by the Amazon Prime Video should be what would make it one of the excellent choices for most of your expectations in an enhanced performance. The Amazon Prime Video also provides you access to a great degree of the content library. You can also get access to a few Amazon Prime channels for an enhanced degree of entertainment.
Amazon Prime Video did not come with support for Chromecast initially. In sharp contrast to the other services such as Hulu and Netflix, you will find that Amazon Prime Video did not come with support for Chromecast. If you want to Chromecast Amazon Prime, it would be a quite simple and easy option for an enhanced experience.
The primary reason for the lack of Prime Video Chromecast can be the feud between Amazon and Google. Amazon perhaps wants its users to buy the Fire TV Stick devices for watching the Amazon Prime content. That could be one of the reasons you would not find Amazon Prime supporting Chromecast. However, as a result of public demand or any other reason, or even not wanting to be lagging behind when compared to other streaming services, Amazon Prime Video has started implementing support for the Chromecast streaming.
While Amazon Prime Video does not support Chromecast, you would find it working with your needs for casting your Amazon Prime Videos on your devices. In fact, even when Amazon Prime Video does not support Chromecast directly, you can make use of the native support on your device for casting your Amazon Prime Video onto your Chromecast devices. The options to Chromecast Amazon Prime Video can prove to be extremely practical and easy to go with.
The steps should be quite simple and easy to go with. For this tutorial, we will assume that you have been using Amazon Prime Video on an Android smartphone.
Follow the steps here below for the best results for Amazon Prime Video Chromecast performance –
- Launch your Prime Video App on your Android device. If you are on a Samsung device that has been recently updated to Android 11, you may have lost the Chromecast support natively.
- Play the video that you want to cast on to your Chromecast device
- Tap the Cast icon.
- You will find the Chromecast devices nearby.
- Choose the Chromecast device that you want to stream your videos onto.
- Your video will begin casting onto your chosen device.
That does it. Isn’t that a simple and an easier option that you want to go with?
The Cast option is different from the Watch Now icon visible under the video selection. This button is for watching the content on a Fire device. The right button to cast your Amazon Prime Video onto a Chromecast device. The icon will be visible at the right corner of your screen.
If you are looking to cast Amazon Prime on Chromecast on a PC, it can be easily done through Chrome Browser. Since your Chrome browser comes with a built-in Chromecast support, casting your Amazon Prime shows on your PC with Chrome would be quite simple and easy.
Follow the steps here to easily Chromecast Amazon Prime on Chromecast –
- Launch your Chrome Browser on your PC.
- Launch Amazon Prime Video on your browser.
- Pick the movie or other content that you want to watch and play it.
- In your Chrome browser, click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner.
- Pick the option for Cast
- Among the available devices that are shown on your PC, pick the one that you want to connect to.
- Your PC or laptop screen will be mirrored to your TV or any other device.
Do note that this method will limit your resolution to 1080p irrespective of the resolution available for the movie that you may be watching.
The browser casting or Amazon Prime Chromecast can, however, have a few disadvantages. It can work wonderfully for your requirements in watching your Amazon Prime shows on an Android device, but may not provide you with the optimum quality. Given the fact that most of the Amazon Prime Video content is available in 4K, this may not be the right choice for those of you who are looking for outstanding performance on their videos. To get a good deal of performance, you need to have an UpToDate version of Google Chrome, and also have all the components such as the monitor, video card, and HDMI cable that are HDCP compliant.
And then, if you are on a laptop and using browser casting, it can take a huge toll on your battery. In the case of a desktop, that may not be an issue as such.
Now that you have found how to cast Prime Video onto a Chromecast device, it may also be a good idea to check whether you can download Amazon Prime videos for offline viewing. This can come quite handy when you are moving on to an area that is likely to have no proper Connectivity.
The default download options available on the Amazon Prime Video can be a little annoying and can have a few limitations. But, that can be a great option if you are looking for a simple and easier solution for download your Amazon Prime Video shows. The steps involved in downloading your content are rather simple and easy enough. You can simply navigate to the video that you want to download and go to the info page for the video. If the title is available for download, you will find a download icon beside the info of the title. Clicking on the download icon will let you download the content onto your device.
The download functionality can be quite handy but suffers a few limitations that can hamper its usability. You will need to watch the downloaded titles from within the Amazon Prime Video app. There is no way you can share your downloaded content with anyone else. Moreover, the downloaded content will come with an expiry date beyond which it will no longer be available on your device. That apart, you may also have a limit on the number of titles that you can download.
These limitations necessitate looking for a third-party alternative for the best experience as long as downloading the Amazon Prime content is concerned.
If you have been searching for the best options for the third-party Amazon Prime Video downloader, StreamFab Amazon Downloader should double up as an excellent option for practical requirements that you may have. It can be a great option to download any video from Amazon Prime Video with EAC3 5.1 audio tracks.
A few of the features that we found quite interesting and efficient when it comes to working with the StreamFab Amazon Downloader can include
- It supports practically all Amazon regional sites – The StreamFab Amazon Downloader supports almost all regional Amazon Prime sites for downloading your content. Irrespective of which region you are from and which region would you want to watch your content in, you can use the downloader for accessing and downloading your content. The downloader lets you access to all regional sites that would include US, JP, DE, UK, and others.
- High-quality video download – The StreamFab Amazon Downloader does support high-quality download options in both H.264 and H.265 quality. The downloads can be achieved at 540p and EAC3 5.1 and AAC 2.0 audio.
- Pre-select audio and subtitles – The movies and TV shows today come with multiple audio and subtitle options. This can be helpful in watching your content without hassles of any nature. With your Amazon Downloader, you will be able to get access to an enhanced experience with your chosen set of audio and subtitles. You will be able to pick the subtitles according to the UI language
- Download your subtitles as per your preferences – The StreamFab Amazon Downloader lets you download your subtitles as per your preferences. You will be able to download your subtitles separately as an SRT file. You can even embed the videos onto your videos with ease.
- Batch mode download options – The batch download options offered on Amazon downloader can be one of the excellent options. You will be able to download multiple titles simultaneously. You will also be able to download all the episodes of a single series.
- Faster download options – The fastest download options offered by the StreamFab Amazon Downloader can be yet another exciting option that you would find quite impressive. You will be able to download the content on Amazon Prime Video in just under 10 to 20 minutes flat.
- Get access to media server friendly metadata information – The access to media server friendly metadata can include providing you access to a greater degree of performance improvement through metadata information. The additional metadata information would include movie title, cast, season, episode title, and cover.
Casting your Amazon Prime Video can prove to be one of the excellent options for a perfect degree of entertainment options. However, you would find that the support for Google Chromecast can be one of the excellent options for enjoying a wholehearted and high degree of streaming compatibility. Amazon Prime Video added support for Chromecast only recently and that has been one of the prime game changers for the popular streaming service. The Chromecast compatibility lets you enjoy a huge degree of performance enhancement for the Amazon Prime Video experience. The options to Chromecast Prime Video can prove to be a great option.
Having found details of the Amazon Video Chromecast, it can be one of the excellent options for enjoying a great degree of performance with the download compatibility of your Amazon Prime Video service. The third-party downloader service offered by the StreamFab Amazon Downloader should be a great option for practically all the downloading requirements that you may have. The ease of use, a simple functionality, customized download options, and multiple subtitle options should be some of the excellent options for your needs in getting access to a great degree of performance. It can be a great service for practically every requirement that you may have.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline