How to Watch and Download Apple TV Free Movies
Summary: Are you trying to find the best Apple TV free movies to watch? You need to check this article out to see what are the best free movies on Apple TV+ right now.
Table of Contents
- 2. How to watch Apple TV+ movies for free without a subscription
- 3. Download Apple TV movies for offline viewing
Back in November 2019, Apple Inc forayed into the OTT space by launching its very own Apple TV+ service. Since the offering is fairly new, it has been fairly difficult for the company to attract more subscribers. At the time of writing this, Apple TV+ offers a decent library with originals but it still has a long way to compete with the likes of Netflix and Disney+. Well, Apple recently decided to offer a few of the movies and shows free in a bid to entice more customers. In this article, we’re going to take a look at the Apple TV free movies collection covering the best free movies on Apple TV. Apart from this, we’re also going to talk about how you can consume those content for free and that too offline.
During the pandemic, Apple decided to make some of its content go free for a limited time. All the popular movies and shows were a part of this promotion. You can find the complete list of Apple TV free movies down below.
- The Elephant Queen, a documentary film about a mother elephant
- For All Mankind
- Little America
- Helpsters, a Sesame Street spinoff
- Snoopy in Space, an animated series
- Oprah Talks
These were the best free movies on Apple TV that were available for a limited period of time. Apple TV+ still struggles with limited content availability and we might see some more additions further down the road.
If you want to consume movies and shows on the Apple TV+ app but without paying subscription fees, then you have knocked at the right door. Here’s how to watch free movies on Apple TV.
Apple TV+ app now shows a ‘Free on Apple TV’ section in which you can find the free content to consume. Here’s how you can use the section to watch free movies on Apple TV.
- Fire up the Apple TV+ app on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, or any other supported device
- Log in to the service using your Apple ID credentials
- Once that is done, scroll down the app to find the ‘Free on Apple TV’ section
- Inside the section, you’ll see a bunch of movies and shows that are free for a limited period
- Just tap on the movie or show you want to watch and then go with the ‘Play Free Episode’ option.
Most of the time, Apple keeps on offering a free subscription to its Apple TV+ service. The offer is generally up for grabs whenever you purchase a new device be it iPhone, Mac, or even an Apple TV box. To top things off, the iPhone maker offers a free 365 days or a year of its Apple TV+ subscription.
Once you avail of the offer, you can enjoy the entire library of the Apple TV+ app. Technically, all the paid content of the service becomes free movies on Apple TV since you haven’t paid a single buck. If you’re wondering what are the steps to avail of this offer, then you can follow the guide below.
- On your newly purchased device, open up the Apple TV app
- Find the Apple original that you want to watch and then tap on it
- You’ll now see the option that says ‘Enjoy 1 Year Free’. Tap on it and then hit the Continue button.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy the Apple TV+ shows and movies for free for a year. Make sure to cancel the subscription before the renewal date.
If you haven’t purchased a new Apple device recently, then you can’t avail the Apple TV+ 1 year subscription. For those users, we have another way to enjoy the content for free. Apple offers a 7 day free trial of its Apple TV+ subscription. The only requirement is that you haven’t signed up on the platform using your Apple ID. Here’s how you can avail a 7 day period trial of Apple TV+.
- Fire up the Apple TV+ app on your device. The service is available on multiple devices such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV box, and more
- Inside the app, click Watch Now and select any movie or show
- You should now be able to see Subscribe to Apple TV option. Well, select or tap on it
- You should now see a pop-up window opening offering you a free 7-day trial. Select the Try it Free option.
- Use your Apple ID credentials to sign up and then confirm your billing information
That’s it! You can now enjoy the entire library of the Apple TV+ app for free without paying a single buck.
Well, here’s how you can watch Apple TV free movies and shows. You can go with any of the above-mentioned ways.
While OTT platforms such as Apple TV+ are the future, they still have some limitations that might end up annoying you. For instance, you can’t download the content offline even though you are paying for it. It’s like you are renting the content by shelling out bucks every single month. Even though Apple TV+ offers an in-app offline download feature, it’s still not enough as the company incorporates DRM protection.
Thanks to DRM protection, you can’t consume movies or shows outside the Apple TV+ app. Well, we don’t like to stay limited which is why we are going to show you a way through which you can watch Apple TV movies offline. Let’s talk about a popular software called StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader.
StreamFab is a software company known for bringing some of the best tools out there. One such tool is StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader. As the name suggests, the software allows you to download Apple TV+ content for offline viewing. You can download the content at the high 1080p quality paired with AAC 2.0 audio. Here’s a quick list of features that this software brings to the table.
- Download Apple TV+ content from other countries as well such as the US, Japan, France, Germany, and more
- Download movies and shows in 1080p resolution with AAC 2.0 audio tracks and save them as MP4 files
- Option to either download subtitles as SRT files or remux them into MP4 itself
- Ability to download the entire series in a go thanks to batch mode downloading
- Ability to extract metadata info as well
These were some of the few features that the software offers. We loved the ability to download the entire show in a single go by using the batch downloading feature. In this, the software will automatically keep on downloading new episodes saving you from all the hassles. Another good addition is the metadata info which is something most software out there lacks. Having metadata info comes in very handy if you want to keep your downloaded content organized.
StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader is free software that is available on the Windows platform. To unlock the entire feature set, you’ll have to buy the premium version by shelling out $14.99 out of your pocket. The company also offers a 30-day moneyback guarantee and also claims to offer a 100% safe and clean download.
Using StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader is pretty easy and straightforward. Well, here’s how you can use the software to download your content for offline viewing.
- Fire up StreamFab Downloader software and then select the Streaming Services option mentioned on the left sidebar.
- Now, select the Apple TV+ option out of numerous other OTT services such as Netflix, Prime, and more.
- You will now be redirected to the Apple TV+ homepage on your web browser. Look for the movie or show that you want to download and play it.
- StreamFab Downloader will now pop up a window with two buttons on it. Click the Download Now button to download the video being played.
- You should now be able to find the movie or show on your system ready to play on any third-party media player
That’s it! That’s all you need to do in order to download Apple TV+ videos, movies, or shows for free for offline viewing.
If you’re looking for some other OTT services that offer free movies or shows that you can consume on Apple TV, then here’s a list of services that you might be interested in.
- Comet TV
- The CW
All these services offer free movies and shows while also supporting Apple TV. Crackle is known for popular shows such as Seinfeld, Who’s the Boss, and Firefly. Comet TV is all about science fiction while The CW offers shows such as Riverdale, Supergirl, The Flash, and more. Apart from Apple TV+, you can use services like these to keep yourself busy with more movies and shows without paying hefty subscription fees.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline