How to Watch Apple TV Plus on Roku
Summary: This article will show you how to install the Apple TV Plus Roku app in detail so that you can start streaming Apple TV Plus on a Roku device.
Many people have moved from traditional cable TVs to digital streaming services. This is a no-brainer, as streaming services are apparently cheaper than cable TVs. However, there are lots of digital streaming networks out there, with a number of them offering Live TV streaming. Most cord-cutters port to YouTube TV and Hulu; regardless, a lot of people still prefer Apple TV, as it is available on various devices, and can also be accessed outside the United States (in select regions).
The Apple TV+ network provides Apple originals, intriguing series, comedy, kids’ entertainment, and much more. Apple TV+ is supported on various platforms and devices, including Roku streaming devices. This article details how to install the Apple TV Plus Roku app so that you can start streaming Apple TV Plus on a Roku device.
Table of Contents
- 5. Download Apple TV Plus Movies to Watch Offline
There are quite many Roku streaming devices, also called Roku players. The Roku devices include Roku Express, Roku Premiere, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streambar, and Roku Express 4K. Interestingly, you can get Apple TV+ on all of these devices; you only need to install the channel following the steps below.
However, it is important to say that old Roku devices do not support Apple TV+. When we talk about old Roku devices, we’re referring to the models that were made before 2019.
Actually, Roku devices started supporting Apple TV+ in 2019. This service, Apple TV+, is available via the official Apple TV app on Roku Channel Store. Thus, if your device does not support the Apple TV app; that is to say, you didn’t find the Apple TV app when you searched Roku Channel Store, it could be a result of compatibility.
If your Roku device is not compatible, try updating the firmware version, or you can buy a newer model. Just then, you’ll be able to enjoy streaming Apple TV+ (if you’re an active subscriber).
Here’s a detailed guide you should follow to access Apple TV+ on any Roku streaming device that you own.
- Step 1: Setup your Roku device, ensure that it is well connected to your TV and also activated. Depending on your Roku device, the installation method may differ, but it is all about connecting the device to your TV via HDMI, and then follow through series of initial set-up instructions.
- Step 2: Ensure that you have an Apple TV account and it is active. Being active simply implies that you have an active subscription on the account. If you’re new to Apple TV, you will need to sign up on their website and get your unique Apple ID number.
- Step 3: With your Roku device fully activated on your TV and an active Apple TV account, you’re good to go. Visit the Roku Channel Store from the home screen and search for Apple TV. If your device is compatible, the app would come up in search results, else, you won’t see any search result.
The Apple TV app is free on Roku. Click on “Add Channel” to add the app to your channel list.
- Step 4: Go back to the home screen and look out for the Apple TV app. Launch the app and enter your verified Apple ID; there are alternative ways to log in - just in case you have forgotten your Apple ID.
- Step 5: To stream Apple TV+, click on the option on the top bar, and you’re good to go. You can browse through different categories, access your libraries, and search for new titles. When renting or buying a movie, you would be prompted to enter your Apple ID for re-validation.
The Apple TV app on Roku is free, but to stream Apple TV Plus on Roku, you need to subscribe to the platform. More so, this procedure explained here would work for all Roku devices that support Apple TV+ streaming.
If you have a smart TV that runs on Android OS, you can get the Apple TV app from Play Store. In the same vein, if you’re using an Android smartphone, you can install the Apple TV app from PlayStore and sign in using your Apple ID.
The Apple TV app was introduced to Android OS in 2020; before then, the only possible way to stream Apple TV Plus on an Android smartphone or tablet was to use the web version, which is available at tv.apple.com.
Steps to Stream Apple TV Plus On Android
- On your Android device, visit Google Play Store and search for Apple TV.
- If your device is supported, you’ll see the “Install” button. But, if it is not supported, you won’t see the button. Apple TV app for Android only works on select devices.
- Launch the app after the installation and sign in using your Apple ID
- Search for movies and start watching
You can use a web browser, preferably Chrome or Firefox. Launch the web browser and visit tv.apple.com to sign in with your Apple ID. Once you sign in, you can also start streaming Apple TV Plus right on your Android phone mobile browser. However, the experience is poor and some of the features are not working on the Android version.
Interestingly, it is possible to download movies from the Apple TV Plus network. However, to do this, you need a streaming video downloader that supports the network. The DVDFab Apple TV Plus Downloader is a perfect option for this purpose.
This software app lets you grab multiple videos from the platform at a go, and at in 1080p high quality. It can download Apple TV+ videos and movies with AAC 2.0 audio tracks, as well as saves the movies' metadata. Interestingly this software downloads your movies automatically as they begin to playback. It is generally intuitive to use and runs very fast on all Windows PCs.
- Download Apple TV+ regional-based content: U.S., DE, FR, JP, and others.
- Save Apple TV Plus movies as MP4 videos for playback on various devices
- Pre-select audio and subtitles per the UI language
- Save subtitles as SRT files or remux into video
- Download videos in Batch Mode and a fast speed
- Download media server-friendly Metadata Info
- Step 1: Download and install DVDFab Downloader on your system.
- Step 2: Launch the program and click on Streaming Services on the left pane.
- Step 3: Select the Apple TV+ card. Sign in to your account and search for the movie you want to download.
- Step 4: Once the video starts playing, you can click the Download Now button on the upcoming popup to start downloading the video immediately.
The Apple TV+ platform is a place to find lots of interesting movies and videos. It can be accessed on various devices, including smartphones, and if you need to download videos from Apple TV+, the DVDFab Apple TV Plus Downloader software can help you do that. More so, it is important to note that you must have an active Apple TV+ subscription before you can stream on the networks.