Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline
Summary: New to Apple’s new streaming service? Get confused and lost in so many things beginning with Apple TV? Then read this article cause we are gonna clear all the mists for you so that you can sit on your comfortable sofa and enjoy your favorite TV shows or movies from Apple TV Plus.
In the streaming era, no one feels happy getting left behind and everybody is trying hard to dip its toes into the prosperous streaming pond. There’s no exception to Apple, the most valued tech giant you’ve ever seen on this planet. With the release of Apple TV+, the company officially announced its war against the forerunners like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, the comparatively new Disney+, and others alike, hoping to grab its own slice of the streaming cake using its existing influence all around the world, despite being lagged far behind. However, if you are new to Apple’s streaming service, then you may get lost among Apple TV, Apple TV+, Apple TV Plus, Apple TV App, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD, which is the one to go after and how to watch your favorite TV shows and movies from the streaming service? Read on to explore the fantasy.
Table of Contents
- Section 1. Clear the Mists around Apple TV+
- Section 2. Multiple Ways to Watch Apple TV Shows and Movies
- Section 3. Download Apple TV Shows and Movies for Offline Viewing
As we’ve hinted earlier, if you are new to Apple’s streaming service, then there is a chance you may get lost as to where to get started exactly. Don’t worry, no one gets blamed for this, except for Apple’s own confusing way of naming its wide lineups of hardware products and services. Due to the overuse of Apple TV when naming its hardware, apps, and services, even lots of diehard Apple fans sometimes get lost, too, not to mention the beginners. So here is what this section is meant for, we are going to clear all that mists for you.
Let’s cut to the chase, Apple officially titled its new streaming service with the name of Apple TV+, instead of the long-rumored Apple TV Plus, despite the two literally mean the same thing. So if they would like to call it that way, then so be it. As for other things containing Apple TV in their names, they either refer to the hardware TV set-top boxes on which you can watch Apple TV+ streaming contents, such as the Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, or they may mean the Apple TV Apps that you are supposed to stream the on-demand videos with on your hardware devices, or they may also address to the Apple TV Channels through which you can stream videos of other content providers that have partnered with Apple. Anyway, if you only want to stream pure Apple content, then Apple TV+ is the one you should go after.
Now that you know what exactly Apple TV+ is, the next question concerns you most is probably this — what’s there on Apple TV+ to stream? True, unlike Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and others who have been digging the streaming market for years with thousands of TV shows and movies already, it’s only been less than one year and a half so far since the debut of Apple TV+. However, it looks like Apple has been all-in with its mountainous piles of cash to bring in its Apple Originals almost every month, including some award-winning TV series, compelling dramas, groundbreaking documentaries, kids’ entertainment, comedies, and more.
What’s more, to best attract viewers, Apple has been working with some of the best big names from Hollywood on its original programs, such as Jennifer Aniston (Friends), Jason Momoa (Aquaman), Dave Bautista (Guardians of the Galaxy), Rupert Grint (Harry Potter), Tony Kebbell (Planet of the Apes), Chris Evans (Captain America), Jaeden Martell (It), and Michelle Dockery (Downton Abbey), to name a few. So here below are the lists of the shows and movies you can binge-watch right now for your reference.
Watch Apple TV Shows — Available as of Now
- The Morning Show
- For All Mankind
- Fraggle Rock: Rock On
- Peanuts - Snoopy in Space
- Truth Be Told
- Little America
- Mythic Quest
- Amazing Stories
- Home Before Dark
- Home Docuseries
- Defending Jacob
- Visible: Out on Television Docuseries
- Central Park
- Dear... Docuseries
- Greatness Code
- Little Voice
- Ted Lasso
- Long Way Up
- The Oprah Conversation
- Doug Unplugs
- Tiny World
- Becoming You
- Earth at Night in Color
- Losing Alice
- The Snoopy Show
Watch Apple TV Movies — Available as of Now
- Fireball Documentary
- The Elephant Queen
- Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth
- The Banker
- Beastie Boys Story
- Boys State Documentary
- On the Rocks
- Bruce Springsteen's Letter to You
Now here comes the pricing issue. To watch Apple TV+ streaming content, you need to pay a subscription fee of only $4.99/mo. after your 7-day free trial expires. For the price paid, you are also allowed to share your account with family members.
What’s more, to lure more customers, Apple will also gift a 1-year subscription of Apple TV+ totally for free to those who buy an Apple device, either Apple TV, iPad, iPhone, or Mac computer.
Now the core question — how to watch Apple TV? Depending on what you have, there are multiple ways to watch your favorite TV shows and movies on Apple TV+, you can choose the approach that fits your circumstance best. But remember, no matter what device you choose to stream on, you will need the Apple TV App, or the TV App in simpler terms, unless you stream directly from your desktop browser at tv.apple.com
Most diehard Apple fans have at least one Apple device at home, or even more. Then how to watch Apple TV videos on your device? Check out the instructions below.
For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users:
- Open the Apple TV app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- On the Watch Now screen, scroll down to view Apple TV+, Apple TV channels, or featured movies and TV shows, then select your favorites to start streaming.
For iMac, MacBook, and Mac Mini users:
- Open the Apple TV app on your iMac, MacBook, or Mac Mini.
- Click Watch Now button.
- Scroll down to view Apple TV+, Apple TV channels, or featured movies and TV shows, then select your target item to watch.
For Apple TV Set-Top Box users:
- Open the Apple TV app from the home screen.
- On the Watch Now screen, scroll down to view Apple TV+, Apple TV channels, or featured movies and TV shows, then your target item to watch.
Well, if you are not that addicted to Apple’s hardware devices, but are somehow attracted by the Apple TV+ service, then you can also watch Apple TV content from certain non-Apple devices, including select smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other streaming devices. So how to watch Apple TV content on such non-Apple devices? The answer is still the Apple TV App that Apple has specifically tailored for those platforms.
The list of Apple TV App supported non-Apple devices:
- Select smart TV models from Samsung, Sony, LG and VIZIO
- Select gaming consoles from PlayStation and Xbox
- Certain streaming devices including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Google TV
Suppose you have none of the above-mentioned devices, then how to watch Apple TV Plus at home? The answer can’t be simpler — use your desktop browser, Chrome, or Firefox. Just visit tv.apple.com on whatever device you have, a Windows PC (including the Surface models), a Chrome OS device, or any Android device.
Although streaming is becoming mainstream these days, if you want to keep your favorite Apple TV shows and movies offline for collection purposes of unrestricted playback on other devices, Apple gives you the option to download streaming content for offline viewing.
How to watch Apple TV shows and movies offline? Similar to other streaming services, Apple also has its own official way of allowing users to download their shows and movies for offline watching. Check out below to see how to make that happen.
- Open the Apple TV app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- Go to the channel's page. Or search for a movie or TV show you want.
- Tap or click the download button next to the TV show or movie.
- To find and play your downloads, go to the Library tab, then tap or click Downloaded.
Also like Netflix, Amazon, Disney, and others, the official download method comes with a bunch of limits that prevent you from keeping the downloaded contents forever. Besides, not from all the devices or platforms you’re able to download the Apple streaming videos.
- The download is only restricted to certain Apple devices.
- The download is not available via the Apple TV app on Apple TV (the set-top box), smart TVs, streaming devices, and on tv.apple.com.
- You can only keep most of your downloads for 30 days or even less on select content. Once they expire, the contents will be deleted from your devices automatically.
- You cannot choose your preferred video quality for download. As a result, the download might eat up your mobile data before you even realize if you’re not Wi-Fi covered, as usually, an episode is around 2GB in size.
- The number of titles you can download from certain Apple TV channels is limited, so is the number of devices you can download onto. Once you reach the limit, you will have to delete previously downloaded videos before you can download new ones.
With many limitations bounding to the official download method, then how to watch Apple TV Plus videos offline without any restrictions? This requires a 3rd-party streaming video downloader software that is able to download streaming videos from paid streaming services. Speaking for which, StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader is the one you are looking for.
As one of the three working modules from the Downloader suite that can be purchased separately, Apple TV Plus Downloader is designed with the conception allowing paid users of Apple TV+ and many others, to download the TV shows and movies they’ve paid for unlimited offline playback.
Availability: The Apple TV Plus Downloader is only available on only Windows platform as of now, but the other two modules are also available on macOS.
Pricing Plans: $14.99/mo., $69.99/year, or $89.99 for a lifetime subscription with free upgrades. A 30-day free trial is also available when you can download three videos for free.
- Free trial available for you to download three streaming videos regardless of which site
- Download Apple TV+ episodes and movies as 720p or 1080p MP4 videos with up to 5.1-channel audio.
- Download streaming episodes in batch mode and with GPU hardware acceleration
- Download subtitles and metadata information for the shows and movies
- The downloaded videos contain no DRM encryptions and can be played anywhere
The download process is simple that even beginners can handle without any problem.
- Start StreamFab Downloader after installation, and opt for the Streaming Services from the navigation panel on the far left side.
- Choose Apple TV+ to open the website of tv.apple.com with the inbuilt browser
- Locate and play the episode or movie you want to download.
- Click the Download Now button from the popup window.
- Find the downloaded item at Task Queue>Finished.
Bonus Feature: If your computer is installed with a high-end graphics card that is capable of GPU hardware acceleration, then you can toggle on the High-Speed feature at the Task Queue panel to help you download videos at a blazing fast speed.
With Apple’s determination to take on other streaming services led by Netflix and Amazon, as an Apple fan, it could be a huge advantage to watch Apple TV+ originals and also streaming videos from other providers through the Apple Channels feature without having to leave the Apple ecosystem.
In this article, we’ve briefed you on what Apple TV+ really is, the ways how to watch Apple TV Plus content by streaming online or by downloading offline, either in Apple’s own way or with a 3rd-party streaming downloader like StreamFab Apple TV Plus Downloader.
If you have no intention of keeping the downloaded episodes and videos forever, then Apple’s official download method should be enough for you, otherwise, the streaming video downloader is your best shot to keep the downloaded videos for as long as you want.
Furthermore, if you would like to burn the downloaded Apple TV+ episodes and movies to blank DVDs to playback on a home DVD player, then the DVD authoring software named DVD Creator can help you with that. Plus, in case you think 1080p videos are not good enough on your big-screen 4K TV, you can also upscale the downloaded 1080p videos to real 4K quality with an AI-powered video upscaler software.
Other Articles You May Like:
Most Anticipated Upcoming Netflix Originals 2021
Most Anticipated Hulu Originals 2021
Download Hulu 4K Content for Offline Viewing
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
CBS All Access Amazon Prime? Not One But You Can Get Both as One!
SpankBang Download | Which SpankBang Downloader Do You Prefer?
Download Instagram Videos or Download Instagram Stories? You Can Download Both! Effortlessly!
Vimeo Downloader: Desktop/Online/Android Apps and Browser Extensions
Download TED Talks Videos at Their Original Quality of 720p, 1080p or Higher