How to Turn Off Subtitles on Disney Plus from Any Device
Summary: Having problems about how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus? Check this article out to learn everything about Disney Plus subtitles, how they work, how to turn them off and on, and more.
Table of Contents
- 2. Turn off Subtitles on Disney Plus from Any Device
- 5. How to Download Disney+ Videos to Watch Offline?
Disney Plus subtitles is one of the many features that this streaming service offers. If you have subscribed to this platform and are enjoying the different shows and movies that it offers, you will find that there are several language support and subtitle options. However, to truly enjoy a movie or show in the native language, it is best that you know how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus. Here we explore the different ways you can turn subtitles on Disney Plus on or off, as per your requirement.
Disney Plus subtitles is one of the many customization features that this platform offers. Once you have taken up a subscription to this service you can watch content on different devices. Indeed, Disney Plus allows subscribers to watch from different devices and user profiles, as many as seven per subscription. As a result, users can log in from different devices, as many as four streaming different content on the platform.
Did you know that the shows, series, and movies that you can watch on this platform come with subtitles in your preferred language? While that may be common for all streaming services these days, it also supports subtitles for the deaf as well as Hard of Hearing, all in English. You can access the same whether you are watching on the web browser, on Android, or on iOS devices.
If you wish to know how to turn off captions on Disney Plus here we explore the steps to do so, whether you are logging in through your PC, Firestick, or Roku device, on an Android smartphone, or an iOS tablet. Indeed, it is compatible with a wide range of different devices.
Disney Plus subtitles can be good for those who have trouble following dialogues or when the audio volume of your TV or device speakers is too low. However, many would like to follow shows or movies without having to look at subtitles. In such cases, you can easily find the option to turn it off.
With a subscription to Disney Plus, it is possible to enjoy content on this platform anywhere. You could log in on your desktop or laptop, using your web browser. With Wi-Fi or a steady internet connection, you can enjoy your favorite shows at high resolution on PC or Mac desktops easily.
If you wish to turn off subtitles while watching a show on your Mac or PC here are the steps to follow:
- While you watch a show, you will find Menu option on the right-hand top corner of display.
- Menu button is usually a white square with horizontal black lines.
- When you click on it audio and subtitles menu opens up.
- Here you will find options for audio or subtitle.
- If you wish to turn off subtitles you can do so easily; select ‘Off’ as the option.
- Once that is done simply click on white symbol “<” to close menu.
Disney Plus subtitles are equally easy to turn off or on any iOS device. Whether you are using an iPad or iPhone, all you need to get started with Disney Plus is to download the app on it. Once it is downloaded you need to key in your login details. After you log in you will find a Home page showcasing popular, trending, and other categories of shows and movies.
If you are new to your account here, you can customize your profile details. Once you specify your age and preferences you will find suggestions that show up on your Home screen accordingly. Once you open a show or movie to watch it will come on with subtitles as well.
Steps to turn on or off Disney Plus subtitles are the following:
- Upper right part of screen has a variety of icon.
- Tap on the icon and select the audio or subtitles option.
- Switch off subtitles by clicking on it.
- Once you turn them off click on X on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
Disney Plus subtitles will appear on an Android device as well when you play on the same. Disney Plus is a versatile streaming platform, allowing users to log on and enjoy content on this platform through different devices. All you need is to download the free app that is available on the Google Play store on Android smartphones or tablets. No matter what kind of device you are using, you will be able to download and watch shows and movies on this app.
Steps to switch off subtitles on your Android device are the following:
- Login to the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Once you have logged in you will find the home page with different shows and movies.
- Choose a title to watch.
- Once it starts to stream you will find subtitles under audio options, on the menu icon on the left section of the screen.
- Tap on Menu and find Subtitles; click on the same to turn them off or on.
- You can click on the screen to allow the Menu button to go off.
With the Disney Plus app on your Android device, you can do so much more. That includes downloading and saving content to watch later, on the go.
If you wish to turn off subtitles Disney Plus on your Roku device then you already have the app installed on the device. If you have supporting models of Roku then you can enjoy content on this app. These include models such as Roku Premier, Roku Ultra, Roku Streaming Stick+ or models 3420X or 3400X. You can also enjoy the same on Roku LT 2400X as well as 2450X.
Once the app is downloaded, ensure that you already have a subscribed account. You need to use the login details to activate your account on the Home screen of Roku. Once that is done, you will find the Home Page of the app showcasing a range of shows and popular or trending movies under different banners besides Disney.
Take your pick and if you wish to turn Disney Plus subtitles Roku off or on you can do so with the following steps:
- Press Up arrow or Down as content streams.
- Select subtitles or audio option from menu.
- You can choose to turn subtitles on or off from the menu.
- Click back arrow on the remote to get back to the movie or show.
You are wondering how to put subtitles on Disney Plus when you are watching the same on a smart TV, it is easy to do so, using your TV remote. In general, the latest smart TV models of most brands support Disney Plus. What’s more, you can download the app using your cable provider’s app store. Once the app is downloaded, ensure that you already have an account to log in. In case you do not have it, simply subscribe using your desktop or mobile device. Visit the official site of Disney and sign up for a subscription plan.
Once you have subscribed, you can then use your login details to sign in to the app on the TV home page. When you open the app you will find movies and shows of different categories listed for easy selection. If you have created more than one profile, you will be prompted to choose which profile you wish to log in through.
In order to turn on or off subtitles while watching, here is what you need to do:
- You Can use a directional pad on the TV remote and click on the screen.
- Select Menu option on the right-hand top corner.
- Here you will find drop-down list for subtitles and other settings.
- Select whether you wish to turn subtitles on or off.
If you wish to know how to turn on subtitles on Disney Plus on Apple TV, it is assumed that you already have this streaming service app available on the device. Latest models might come with the app already pre-installed. In case it is not you can easily visit the Home page and download the same. Ensure that you sign up using the web browser of a laptop or mobile device. Once you have subscribed, you will receive an activation code for keying onto the login page of the app.
Once the app opens, you can select which profile you wish to see through. Subscription packages allow you to create up to eight profiles and you can stream on different devices at the same time, on a maximum of four simultaneous devices.
Once you have the app on Apple TV, you can put it on and watch at your convenience. In order to turn on or off subtitles you need to do the following:
- Go to Menu on the top right-hand corner of the Disney Plus show or movie you are viewing.
- Here you can click with your remote and find a drop-down list.
- Once you find the Subtitles option in this drop-down list, click on or off as per your choice.
You might be streaming Disney Plus on Amazon Fire. This versatile device will allow you to download several streaming apps, including Disney Plus. As a result, you can log in on the app using your sign up details. Once you have logged in you can choose to watch through several profile choices you can create on your account.
Once you are on the Homepage of the profile of your choice, choose a title that you wish to view. Once that has opened you can turn subtitles on or off as per your choice. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Menu button which is on Fire TV remote.
- In The Menu drop-down list select Subtitles.
- Here you get the option to switch it off or on.
In certain cases, you might want to know how to get subtitles on Disney Plus. In case it is not working you might want to do the following:
- Restart the app if you are watching on a laptop or mobile device; otherwise, reload on the web page.
- Install any app update that might be pending for the app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Enable Closed Captioning under Accessibility settings on your device.
- Change settings and styling preferences of subtitles.
- Check whether other movies or shows are showing subtitles.
- Try another streaming device. For instance, if subtitles are not showing on your smartphone Disney Plus app, try streaming it on your smart TV or tablet.
If you are wondering how to turn off subtitles on Disney+ that is easy to do, both with closed captions and subtitles. You can gain full control with a few clicks as per the streaming preference you have. There are many compatible devices on which you can stream this platform as well as enable subtitles or disable the same, as per your choice.
Subtitles and closed captions do look similar but they usually have different purposes. When it comes to subtitles it is usually a text representation of the dialogue going on in video footage. On the other hand, closed captions supplement dialogue as well as other soundtracks that are included in video footage. For instance, if there is phone ringing or background noises, these are also described.
If you wish to turn off closed captions while watching any movie or show, all you need to do is click on the drop-down list of Menu, found on any show or movie screen you are viewing. Use your remote or mouse to click on the same, which reveals the drop-down list. Once the drop-down list appears you can switch off subtitles or closed captions.
There are several advantages that you get when you subscribe to Disney Plus. This premier streaming service was launched in November 2019. The platform includes classics as well as new and upcoming shows, series, and movies. Not only do you get content that is part of the Media and Entertainment Distribution of Walt Disney, you also get to watch the latest and classic titles on Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, Marvel, and others.
Once you have subscribed, you can download and save content for viewing offline in the following manner:
- Visit the Homepage of the app on your computer or mobile device.
- Click on a title you wish to download and save.
- Find the downward-facing arrow next to the title.
- Click on the same to start download.
Once it is downloaded you can save such content for offline viewing for up to 30 days.
StreamFab Disney Plus Downloader is a streaming video downloader designed for the Disney+ steaming platform. It is capable of letting you download Disney+ videos to your local storage device attached to your computer. And then you have the total freedom to transfer the downloaded Disney+ movies and shows onto any device you have at home, to watch there totally offline without connecting to a live internet.
Benefits of this Disney+ downloader software include:
- Let you download Disney+ videos as 720p MP4 files that are compatible on any media player.
- Let you download high-quality audios and subtitles of your preferred language.
- Let you batch-download multiple videos at one go to save your precious time.
- Let you download video metadata information to easily and visually display your media library with posters.
- Let you transfer the downloaded Disney+ videos anywhere else for sharing purposes.
- The downloaded Disney+ videos shall never expire on you and never ever disappear on your computer unless you manually delete them.
So, interested? Now it’s time to show you how to download Disney+ videos with this dedicated Disney plus downloader software:
- Step 1: Start up StreamFab and choose the Streaming Services tab from the left panel.
- Step 2: Open Disney+ website from the supported website list and login to your account.
- Step 3: Click the Download Now button on the prompt window comping up after you play the Disney video you want to download.
See? As easy as pie, right? Now it’s your turn to try out this amazing Disney+ downloader software with your own hands.
Disney Plus subtitles can be easily turned on or off, as per your viewing preference. In the sections above we discussed how to turn off subtitles on Disney Plus on different devices. No matter which device you are streaming it on, it is easy to toggle around with subtitles on Disney Plus using the Menu option on your remote or the app of the movie.
When it comes to downloading Disney+ videos to watch offline without live internet connection, the 3rd-party Disney Plus downloader is highly recommended because it not only allows you to download Disney+ videos, but also helps you bypass all the restrictions and limitations that come with the official Disney+ app.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline