How to Download Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV
Summary: Disney+ streaming network is available across devices and platforms. If you’re a Disney Plus subscriber looking for how to download Disney Plus on Vizio smart TV, follow the guide in this article.
Table of Contents
- 3. Can You Download Disney Plus Movies on Vizio TVs?
If you have a smart television, you don't need to purchase an external streaming device to access streaming networks. Smart TVs run with an Operating System and most streaming networks have mobile apps for various OSes. Particularly, the Disney+ streaming network is available across devices and platforms; it also has iOS and Android OS applications, which can run on most Smart TVs.
More so, smart TVs are built with upgradeable firmware, which implies that, over time, you're expected to update your smart TV's firmware to match the latest available version, so that you can access all apps and tools available for your TV model.
If you’re a Disney Plus subscriber looking for how to download Disney Plus on Vizio smart TV, follow the guide in this article.
To get started, you have to validate if your Vizio smart TV is among the models that support Disney Plus streaming. Yes, there are some Vizio smart TV models that do not support Disney Plus. So, the first thing to do is to find out if your TV is compatible; after that, next should be to upgrade the firmware (if need be).
Well, according to Vizio, the Disney Plus app is available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs that have built-in apps. Yeah, if you have a Vizio SmartCast TV, you don’t need Roku, Chromecast, or other external streaming devices to stream Disney Plus movies.
But, what’s up with the craze for Disney Plus?
Disney Plus streaming network launched in November 2019, and it escalated quickly. Well, the escalation can be linked with the movies it provides. With an active Disney Plus subscription, you're up to the most fascinating titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. More so, since Disney+ launched across platforms, you can actually stream its contents from virtually any device, from smartphones to a computer, and then smart TVs. PlayStation 4 and 5 can also stream Disney Plus; hence, the network is increasingly getting more popular by the day.
Back to our main topic, below are the steps you need to take to get the Disney Plus app on your Vizio smart TV. Remember, the support is only on SmartCast-enabled Vizio TVs.
Note: Your Vizio Smart TV must be connected to the internet before trying out the steps below.
- Step 1: Once the TV check is complete, the next thing to check is your Disney account. You must be a Disney+ subscriber before you can access the platform on your TV.
(Note: the app is available for free on Vizio’s SmartCast platform, but you must have an active Disney+ subscription to stream the network). Disney Plus costs $6.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial for new customers).
- Step 2: Okay, your TV is compatible and you have an active Disney Plus subscription. What you need is to press the “V” button on your Vizio TV remote. This will launch the SmartCast platform.
- Step 3: Look out for the “Disney Plus” app in the list of applications that appeared on the SmartCast home page. Actually, you don’t need to manually install the Disney Plus app on your Vizio TV, the app is already available (installed) on Vizio SmartCast, and since your TV supports SmartCast, it means the app is already available for you.
So, all you need to do is to launch the app from the SmartCast platform and sign in with your credentials.
- Step 4: For as long as you have an active Disney Plus subscription you’ll be able to stream movies from the network on your Vizio smart TV.
Actually, it would warrant getting an external streaming device if your Vizio smart TV does not support SmartCast. Interestingly, there are a bunch of streaming devices out there that support Disney Plus streaming. You could get the Google Chromecast device or any of Roku's streaming players. When you purchase external streaming hardware, you will have to connect it to your TV via HDMI, set it up with your TV, and then install the Disney Plus app from the device's app store.
There's literally no way to get Disney Plus on an old Vizio smart TV without using a streaming hardware device.
Disney Plus allows you to download its movies for offline viewing on up to 10 devices. However, these movies are not made completely available offline; meaning that you cannot share them with other people or play them using another media player. If you want to turn your favorite Disney+ movies into a completely offline movie (saved on your PC), you need Disney Plus Downloader software.
Definitely, you will come across a lot of movies you're love to save on your PC, so you could watch them over and again without an internet connection and using any media player. To achieve this, the DVDFab Disney Plus Downloader is made available for macOS and Windows OS computer users. This software downloads Disney Plus movies in high quality MP4 videos. It is simply intuitive to use and comes with a bunch of interesting features.
This software is designed for all Disney Plus subscribers. It allows you to grab any movie you find on the streaming network. With DVDFab Disney Plus downloader, you will make Disney movies available offline (saved on your PC or device) and you can stream them on any platform without internet connectivity.
More so, this software is able to download Disney+ videos and movies in batch, which means that you can download multiple movies at a go.
- Download Disney’s regional-based contents: U.S., DE, FR, JP, and others.
- Saves Disney Plus movies as MP4 videos for playback on various devices
- Pre-select audio and subtitles per the UI language
- Save subtitles as SRT files or remux into video
- Download videos in Batch Mode and a fast speed
- Download media server-friendly Metadata Info
- Available for macOS and Windows OS
First things first, you need to install the DVDFab Downloader on your computer system (Windows or macOS), after that, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Launch the program and click on “Streaming Services” on the left tag.
- Step 2: Select Disney+ from the cards of supported premium streaming services. Sign in to your account and search for the movie you want to download.
- Step 3: Once the video starts playing, you can click the Download Now button on a popup window to start downloading it immediately.
In case you couldn’t install Disney Plus to stream on your Vizio TV, you can still access the platform on your mobile phone, computer system, or even your PS4 console. Disney Plus streaming is available across many devices and platforms.
In terms of downloading Disney movies for offline watching, the DVDFab Disney Plus Downloader is the right tool you can opt for to help you watch the downloaded Disney+ contents as many times as you want, and on any device you have.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline