How to Watch Disney Plus on the Supported Devices
Summary: Are you wondering how to get Disney Plus on your device and then how to watch Disney Plus once you’ve got it working on your device? Check this article out, it explains all.
Table of Contents
- 6. How to get Disney Plus on Amazon Fire devices
Disney Plus has been one of the most popular streaming sites across the world. If you’re the one who hasn’t really used Disney+, then you might have a plethora of questions surrounding the service. Well, that is why we’ve decided to bring this comprehensive article that takes you through various aspects such as pricing, how to get Disney Plus, how to watch Disney Plus, and more.
How to watch Disney Plus? To answer this question, you first need to know what devices support Disney Plus. The truth is that you can watch Disney Plus on various supported devices. The entire list of the supported ones is mentioned down below.
- Desktop web browsers
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- iPhones, iPads
- Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices
- Fire TV streaming devices
- Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
- Fire Tablets
- LG TVs
- Samsung TVs and devices
- Sony PS4
- Sony Smart TVs
- Roku Players
- Roku TV
- Vizio TVs
- Xbox One
As you already know all the devices that support Disney Plus, we would like to introduce to you how to watch Disney Plus on them respectively. Well, if you’re someone like us who enjoys consuming content on PCs or Macs, then there’s good news for you. Disney+ has a desktop web version that allows you to do exactly that. You can now make use of your big high-quality monitors to consume all your favorite movies and shows immersively. Here’s how you can do that.
- Head over to Disney Plus’s official website on your browser on PC or Mac.
- Log in to the service using your credentials. Of course, you need to be subscribed to any plan to enjoy the extensive library.
- That’s it! You can now explore the entire catalog of Disney+ and select the movie or show that you’re willing to spend the next couple of hours with.
Disney+ on PC or Mac works perfectly fine with a seamless, snappy, and fast user experience. Just like Netflix, you can navigate through the entire website without experiencing any lag. The website would treat you well as long as you have good internet connectivity. You can, of course, go with any of your favorite web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Smartphones, nowadays, come with impressive display quality built specially to deliver an immersive viewing experience. We’re looking at a 2K resolution, high refresh rate, high pixel density, curved 3D glasses, and whatnot. Well, you can, of course, use your iPhones and iPads to do exactly that.
Disney+ has its official app available on Apple App Store meaning you can download the app on both iPhone and iPad. Using the Disney Plus app, you can explore the entire catalog and consume your favorite content.
- Fire up the Disney+ official application on either iPhone or iPad.
- Log in to the app using your correct credentials.
- Explore the catalog to find the content that you’re interested to consume.
There are certain benefits that you get while using the Disney+ official applications on your smartphones and tablets. For instance, you can download your favorite shows and movies offline to consume them whenever you don’t have a stable internet connection. There are few downsides to this feature which we will discuss down the road. Of course, we’ll also help you overcome these downsides.
Since Disney Plus is available on iOS and iPad OS, the developers could not have missed the popular Android operating system. You can find the official Disney+ app on Google Play Store. Once downloaded, you can watch your favorite shows and movies right from the comfort of your bed.
- Open up Disney Plus on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Log in to the service using your credentials and complete any type of authentication.
Well, that’s it! You can now explore various categories of movies and shows and tap on them to stream them over the internet.
With the popularity of smart TVs out there, Disney decided to bring the official app to various smart televisions. Currently, the market consists of Android-based smart TVs or devices and Apple TVs. It doesn’t matter whether you are using a smart television from Samsung, Sony, LG, or Philips, the steps to get Disney+ on your television will remain the same.
Since almost all the smart televisions out there come with their own App Store, you can download the official Disney Plus app from there. You can find the guide on how to watch Disney Plus on Smart TVs down below:
- Turn on your smart TV and make sure that it is connected to a good internet connection.
- Head over to the App Store (Google Play Store, Sony Select, LG Content Store, or a similar app).
- Look for the Disney+ app using your TV remote
- Once found, simply press the Install or Download option to make it available on your television
- Once downloaded, open up the app and log in with your credentials.
With that said, you can now enjoy Disney+ and its extensive catalog right on your smart TVs.
Amazon has a plethora of Fire devices such as Fire TV Stick, Fire Tablet, and more. All these Fire devices come with their very own store that allows you to download various apps such as Disney Plus, that is to say, Disney Plus is available on Amazon Fire Stick, and other Amazon devices.
There are two ways to download the official Disney+ app on your Fire devices.
You can install Disney+ on your Fire devices just like you would install any other application. Here’s how you can do that if you’re wondering.
- From the home screen, just press the left on your controller to select the search icon.
- Type Disney Plus using the on-screen keyboard. Select the Disney Plus option from the results.
- Well, you should now be able to see Disney+ images along with various other related app icons. Tap on the image.
- Select Get or Download to install the app on your Fire devices.
- Once downloaded, launch the app on your Fire devices and log in using your credentials. Alternatively, you can also sign up for the service if you don’t have any subscriptions.
If you don’t like the above method for some reason, then you can download Disney+ on your Fire devices using the Amazon website or shopping app.
- Head over to the Amazon.com/app store on either your PC/Mac or smartphone. If you have Amazon Shopping app installed on your smartphone, the page will automatically redirect you to the same.
- Search for Disney Plus using the search field and tap on the magnifying glass to search it.
- You should now be able to see Disney+ in the results. Tap on it to open the dedicated page of the app.
- Tap on the drop-down menu that is located on the right side and then selects your Fire device to which you want to install the app.
- Now, tap on the Get App or Deliver option.
This will automatically download the Disney Plus app on your selected Fire devices.
As mentioned earlier, Disney Plus is also available for Chromecast and Chromecast-enabled devices. Well, in this section, we’re going to take a look at how you can do exactly that.
To install Disney Plus on Chromecast, you need to have three devices - your personal devices such as phone, tablet, or computer, your Chromecast device, and your TV. If you’re looking to screencast the content using your phone, then you need to have Disney+ installed on your smartphone. Similarly, if you want to screencast using your computer, then you need to access the service on your computer.
Once accessed, you should be able to find a cast icon or option located at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Once tapped, you should now be able to find the nearest Chromecast or Chromecast-enabled device. If you’re using the actual Chromecast device, then make sure that it is plugged into your TV using an HDMI port. Well, that’s it. You should now be able to stream Disney+ on your Chromecast.
For Chromecast-enabled devices such as Google Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max, tapping on the device from the options will do the job.
Disney+ is also available on Roku devices and if you’re using one, then you can simply go ahead and consume Disney+ content from there. Installing Disney+ on Roku might be a bit tricky for some newcomers out there. Well, you can find all the steps explaining to you how to watch Disney Plus on Roku devices.
- Press the home button on the Roku remote.
- Select Streaming Channels to open up the Channel Store.
- Select the Search Channels option and then type Disney Plus. You should now be able to see the option in the search result. Once found, you can click on it.
- Once selected, just press on the Select Channel option.
- After installation, you should be able to use Disney+ on your Roku device.
- To find it, you need to head over to the list of channels. You should now be able to see the Disney+ option somewhere in the list.
Of course, you would need a subscription to consume the content. So if you don’t have one, you should probably get one to use Disney+ on Roku devices.
Another great platform to consume Disney+ content on is the Xbox consoles. If you own one, then you already know that Xbox allows you to watch content from various popular platforms from the console itself. It is really convenient if you have your Xbox connected to your television all the time. One nifty addition is the ability to switch between the game and the entertainment center at the tap of a button. Wondering how to watch Disney Plus on your Xbox console? Here’s a small guide teaching you exactly that.
- Head over to Microsoft Store on your Xbox by pressing the home button on the controller.
- Look for the Apps section and select it.
- Search for the Disney Plus app using the search field.
- Once the Disney Plus store page is opened, you should be able to download the app on your Xbox console using the Get option.
That’s it! You should now be able to fire up the Disney+ app on your Xbox console from the Apps library.
Earlier, we mentioned that using an official app of Disney+ gives you a benefit over using a web browser version. Well, we’re of course talking about the ability to download Disney+ videos offline to watch them offline. OTT services such as Disney Plus and Netflix come with DRM protection allowing users to download the content and consume them only from the original app itself.
This means that you would not be able to watch this downloaded content from any third-party media player. This DRM protection, therefore, brings certain limitations to the table. You are way more limited even though you are paying for the subscription. Well, there’s a way to overcome all these limitations by using a third-party streaming downloader tool. Let us introduce - StreamFab Disney Plus Downloader.
StreamFab Disney Plus Downloader is very impressive software that allows you to overcome the limitations put on the Disney+ content. The software follows a freemium model meaning you can try it out for free with certain limitations. Once you have explored the software, you can head over to purchase the full version at $14.99. Here’s a look at some features that this software brings to the table.
- Ability to download from all Disney Plus regional websites such as US, DE, FR, JP, IN, and more
- You can download content from Disney+ in 720p and EAC3 5.1 audio track in MP4 format
- Ability to choose audio language and subtitles before proceeding with the download
- You can either save subtitles as SRT or remux them right into the video itself
- The software is also capable of downloading Metadata Info which comes in very handy while organizing the downloaded content
- Lastly, we’re looking at the ability to download videos in Batch Mode
If you’re wondering how to use StreamFab Disney Plus Downloader, then you can follow the steps mentioned down below.
- Step 1: Fire up your StreamFab Downloader and then select the service that you have bought the subscription for. In this case, we’re looking at the Disney Plus service.
- Step 2: Once selected, the software will open the webpage and redirect you to the official website.
- Step 3: Log in to the service using your correct credentials. Once logged in, look for the show or movie that you want to download for offline viewing.
- Step 4: Play the selected movie or show. The software will now give you a prompt to download the movie or show. You can either add the content to the queue or tap on the Download Now button.
You can now play the DRM-free movie or show on any third-party media player and in fact, on any device you want.
With that said, we will now be concluding our comprehensive guide on the Disney Plus streaming service. In this article, we have discussed the pricing model, how you can get Disney Plus, where you can watch Disney Plus and various other hot topics. We have even shown you a guide to use Disney Plus on all the compatible devices.
Above all, we have discussed how you can download Disney+ videos offline while also bypass the limitations to consume them on any device and on any third-party media player. You now know everything about Disney Plus subscriptions. You can go ahead and buy yourself a subscription and enjoy the extensive library that the company brings to the table.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline