How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
Summary: Looking to watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV? There are several options to get Amazon Prime Video app for Apple TV so as to watch Amazon Prime videos from your Apple TV.
Table of Contents
- 1. How to get Amazon Prime on Apple TV?
Amazon Prime made a debut as a subscription service and was designed as a means of getting free shipping and faster delivery for the Amazon subscribers. However, later on, it expanded its reach and went on to become the prominent online streaming service. The service does present prominent original content and has been beating the likes of Netflix. But, have you ever wondered how to watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV? The tips here should perhaps help you find how.
The best and simplest option to watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV is to download the Apple TV Amazon Prime service for your device. You will also be able to download the designed Apple TV service for Amazon Prime and watch your favorite Amazon Prime content without issues on your TV.
If you have Apple TV 2 or 3, you will find the Amazon Prime Video added to the home screen. You would simply need to click on the icon for the Amazon Prime Video on the Home page and sign in with your Amazon account.
In case you are on Apple TV 1 or the newer Apple TV 4, you will simply need to visit the Apple store and install the Amazon Prime Video for your TV. You should ideally see it as one of the first few options among the recommendations or if not, you can definitely search for it.
That apparat, you can also check out a few of other methods to watch Amazon Prime Video on Apple TV.
You can also use the Amazon Prime Video app on your iPhone or iOS device and make use o an option to watch it on your Apple TV. The method makes use of AirPlay to stream the content from the iPhone or other iOS device to your Apple TV.
Here are the steps that you would need to follow –
- Launch App Store and download Amazon Prime Video on your iOS device. Ignore this step if you have already downloaded and using Amazon Prime Video on your iPhone.
- Launch the Prime Video app.
- You may need to sign in to your account if you have not signed in already.
- Pick a video title to play.
- When the title begins to play, tap on the AirPlay icon at the top right corner.
- You should find a list of devices supported to mirror the screen.
- Locate and tap on your Apple TV from among the devices listed.
That does it. The title will begin playing on your TV. If you do not want to miss out on any action, you will need to pause the playback before connecting to your TV and resume playback as soon as you have got the connection established.
If you have a mac device on which you have installed and configured Amazon Prime Video, you can follow the simple steps to stream Amazon Prime video to your Apple TV using AirPlay on your Mac device.
Here are the steps you will need to follow if you want to watch Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV –
- Launch your browser on the Mac device
- Open Amazon.com on your browser.
- Sign in to your account if you have not done so already.
- Begin playing the title you want to watch
- Click on the AirPlay icon at the top toolbar.
- You should find the list of devices available on the same network
- Choose your Apple TV from the list and tap on it.
- Follow the instructions to stream video on your Apple TV.
That should do it. Your Mac screen will now begin streaming on your Apple TV.
Like most of the other competing streaming services, Amazon Prime Video does let you download the videos on its platform. You will get access to the download functionality on the platform if you have a Fire tablet, or the Prime Video app for iOS, Android, or Windows 10. You can simply go to the movie or video content you want to download and find the option to download the same just beside the video information.
However, the download functionality does have a few limitations. You will not be able to share the content you downloaded. The downloads may also have an expiry date and can get deleted after the stipulated period of time.
That is where a third-party Amazon Prime Video downloader will come to the fore and can be one of the excellent options for downloading your Amazon Video content without any limitations. DVDFab Amazon Downloader should be what would help you get access to an enhanced experience.
DVDFab Amazon Downloader can be your best bet for downloading Amazon Prime Video content in a video quality of up to 1080p and audio clarity of AC 5.1 audio tracks. Available for both Windows and Mac, it should ideally be one of the promising options.
A few of the advanced options you stand to get on the DVDFab Amazon Downloader can include
- High-quality download – The download quality offered by the downloader can include Amazon prime Videos in 1080p and AC 5.1 audio tracks. You will also get access to the same clarity on the downloaded videos as you would get on streaming.
- Download subtitles and other metadata – The downloader does let you download videos with subtitles. You may also download the subtitles if you need them as an srt file. The additional info you can download would include movie name, cast, genre, plot, and storyline. This will be helpful in achieving better results in organizing your files.
- Batch and Auto Download – The auto-download functionality lets you download the videos that you have subscribed to. The software can detect if you are downloading a video that belongs to the series, and downloads the other episodes of the series.
Watching Amazon Prime Video on an Apple TV can be one of the prime options you would want to focus on. Since Amazon Prime Video does offer an app for Apple TV, you should be able to enjoy your favorite content without hassles on your Apple TV. Apple TV 2 and 3 come with the options for downloading the Amazon Prime Video app on your device. Even when the device has no app pre-installed, you can install it from the official app store.
And now for downloading the content n Amazon Prime for offline viewing, it would be essential to check out the best options for downloading it easily. DVDFab Amazon Downloader can be one of the excellent options for achieving the best options for the purpose. It offers you a plenty of options such as subtitle download, and other benefits.
- Can I get Amazon Prime on my Apple TV?
Apple TV has Amazon Prime Video available on its platform and offers you access to an enhanced streaming experience. You may also get access to a far more advanced efficiency with your video download through AirPlay if you do not want to install the Apple TV Amazon Prime app on our TV.
- How do I stream Amazon Prime to my TV?
You can stream Amazon Prime to your TV through several means. You can opt for your own app on your TV if supported. You may even use Chromecast or AirPlay from your phone depending on whether you have an Android device or iPhone.