How to Cancel Hulu Subscription on Different Devices
Summary: There are times you may just want to cancel Hulu subscription and probably port to another streaming service you found better or more affordable. Whatever the case may be, if you were looking for how to cancel Hulu subscription on your device, you’re reading the right guide.
Table of Contents
- Section 1. How to Cancel Hulu Subscription
There are some months you may want to pause your Hulu subscription - probably because none of your favorite shows may be dropping in that month. In the same way, there are times you may just want to cancel Hulu subscription and probably port to another streaming service you found better or more affordable. Whatever the case may be, if you were looking for how to cancel Hulu subscription on your device, you’re reading the right guide. Interestingly, Hulu made it possible that anyone can cancel their subscription from any device that they have been using to access the platform.
This article explains how you can pause or cancel your Hulu subscription on computers or mobile phones (iPhones or Android smartphones).
The steps discussed here apply to desktop computers, laptops, and MacBooks. However, you will need to be signed in on the computer.
- Step 1: Open a web browser and visit the official Hulu website, www.hulu.com.
- Step 2: If this is your new time to access Hulu on the computer, click on the “Log in” button and sign in to your account.
- Step 3: Click on your name (profile icon) that would appear - usually - at the top-right corner of the interface.
- Step 4: Go to "Account," and on the account page, look out for the "Your Subscription" tab.
- Step 5: Click on the “Cancel” button under the subscription tab and it’d take you to another screen where you have to confirm the cancellation by click on "continue to cancel."
You may receive further on-screen prompts; simply click "OK" to complete your action. These steps apply to all PC users. You will also receive an email that notifies you that your Hulu subscription has been canceled.
If you're on mobile, you can also cancel Hulu subscription from the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device. Firstly, we'll discuss the steps on Android and then move to that of iPhones.
- Step 1: Open the official Hulu mobile app on your Android device
- Step 2: On the home screen, tap on the “Account” tab - located at the bottom right side.
- Step 3: You may be prompted to re-enter your password; when the prompt pops up, enter your account password and continue.
- Step 4: Scroll to the “Cancel Your Subscription” section and tap on “Cancel.”
- Step 5: In case you receive any further prompts, tap “OK” or “Confirm.” to complete the process.
These steps would work for all Android devices, regardless of the brand or model.
For iPhone users, below are the detailed steps to cancel your Hulu subscription from your device.
- Step 1: Open the Hulu app on your iOS device
- Step 2: Right on the home screen, tap on the “Account” tab to open your Hulu account page.
- Step 3: You may be prompted to enter your password again - do that and continue with the next step.
- Step 4: Scroll and click on “Cancel” beside the “Cancel your subscription” option.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the cancellation process.
What You Should Know:
After canceling your Hulu subscription, you will still access to stream on the platform until your subscription period expires. That is to say, your account will still be active until the end of your billing cycle.
Also, you can reactivate your account at any time you wish. However, instead of total cancellation, you may want to consider pausing the account for some time and then resume after a set period.
Canceling your subscription may not be the best choice you've got. You should consider pausing the subscriptions instead. This can be done similarly to the steps of canceling your subscription.
Important Note: Pausing your subscription is the best choice when you're going on a summer vacation, business trip, holiday, etc. However, it is important to note that your account becomes active again at the end of the set time and that date would become your new billing date.
- Step 1: Open Hulu mobile app or visit the official website at www.hulu.com
- Step 2: Go to your Account page and find the "Your Subscription" section
- Step 3: Click or tap on “Pause” and then “Pause Your Subscription,” which is at the bottom of that page.
- Step 4: Choose the duration (maximum 12 weeks (3 months).
- Step 5: Click or tap on Submit.
Remember, your Hulu subscription will resume automatically at the end of the “Pause duration,” and you’d be charged based on your incumbent plan. The reactivation date would become your new billing date. You can still cancel your account while it’s still paused.
If you subscribed to Hulu via Amazon Prime, Comcast, or any other 3rd-party service, the steps to cancel your subscription vary from service to service. For Amazon, you can update your billing via Amazon Pay or Amazon Account Page.
For Comcast subscribers, you can cancel your subscription from the Apps & Subscriptions section. Disney subscribers can also cancel from their Disney+ account page. Literally, regardless of the service, you're using, the option to cancel your Hulu subscription is available on your account page.
It is important to note that deleting your account cannot be undone. Once you click the final confirmation button, your Hulu account will be deleted forever. If you want to create a new account, you will need to use a new email address and start all over.
- Step 1: Whether you're on mobile or computer, open Hulu on a web browser.
- Step 2: Open your account page by clicking on your profile icon and then click on "Account."
- Step 3: Scroll down to Privacy and Settings, and click on “Click California Privacy Rights.”
- Step 4: Scroll down to the “Right to delete” section and click on “Start Deletion.”
- Step 5: In the prompt, click on “Start Deletion.”
That’s it, your account will be deleted at once, and if you have any active subscription, it would be canceled in the deletion process.
Before canceling or deleting your Hulu account, it may sound good to first download a couple of good movies from the platform. Hulu movies and TV shows that you once enjoyed can be downloaded directly to your computer using DVDFab Hulu Downloader.
DVDFab Hulu Downloader is a professional software that helps you to download movies from Hulu. It supports 1080p resolution and 5.1 audio. Also, this software lets you download multiple videos at a go, it is intuitive and runs on virtually all Windows computer systems.
- Step 1: Download and install DVDFab Hulu Downloader software. After installation, launch the software.
- Step 2: Click on the “Streaming Services” option at the left pane of the window.
- Step 3: Select Hulu from the available service and sign in to your account
- Step 4: Find the movie you want to download and play, on the coming up window, click the Download Now button to download the video instantly.
Canceling your Hulu account is only advisable if you've got another better service, else, it may be best to pause the account for a while. If you do make up your mind to cancel Hulu subscription of yours, you may love to download your favorite movies before canceling your account or deleting it entirely. With DVDFab Hulu Downloader, you can download any video from Hulu as you wish. More interestingly, it downloads the movies in almost the same quality as they appear on Hulu.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline