How to Cancel Netflix Account & Why Would You Do That
Summary: In this article, we have devised strategically accurate and easy-to-follow instructions on how to cancel Netflix accounts using various methods. Also, we have dug deep into the facts why you should cancel your account and also how to watch Netflix movies and shows offline.
Table of Contents
- Section 2. How to Cancel Netflix Account Membership?
Netflix is a mammoth in terms of its humongous catalog of TV shows, movies, and original content. No doubt Netflix has become a staple when it comes to OTT and video streaming platforms available across a myriad of devices used by millions of people on a daily basis. But you need a subscription to watch the shows and movies. This might not go well with some users, and that is where the question “How to Cancel Netflix subscription” comes to mind.
Here, we have devised strategically accurate and easy-to-follow instructions on how to cancel Netflix accounts using various methods. Also, we have dug deep into the facts why you should cancel your account and also how to watch Netflix movies and shows offline.
Netflix may have one of the largest catalogs, it doesn’t always have the best shows, and not all content is in 4K resolution. Netflix is getting absurdly expensive by the day. Finally, if you haven’t ever tried any other service than Netflix, it is high time to get your hands on other OTT and streaming platforms. About again, some of the content on Netflix is not kids or family-friendly but that remains a subjective choice to watch or not.
At the end of the day, reasons for why you should cancel Netflix accounts are actually subjective. There are many pros and cons, and apparently, the cons are disruptive, addictive, and expensive.
Traditional TV was a slow burn, but Netflix releases an entire season of any TV show at once. This means people “binge-watch,” and no doubt Netflix is purely addictive. Netflix has content around all the genres, moods, thoughts, mindset you might have, so you go into the rabbit hole finding the series you want to watch and get immersed in it. But keep it on the sidelines.
There is a myriad of ways to cancel a Netflix subscription depending upon where you subscribed. You could have subscribed from the Netflix app right away or via the Netflix website or via iTunes or T-Mobile. Here are all the ways you can cancel Netflix Membership using these easy-to-understand instructions.
Here are the steps that you can follow in order to cancel your Netflix subscription right from any browser.
- Firstly, go to Netflix.com on your web browser on your PC.
- Tap on the downward-facing arrow on the top-left corner alongside your profile picture that gives a dropdown menu.
- Tap on “Account” from the menu.
- Scroll towards the “Membership & Billing” section within the Settings, where you will get an option that says “Cancel Membership.”
- If you have an active DVD plan, tap on “Cancel your DVD plan” as well and proceed.
This is a straightforward method to cancel Netflix subscriptions using your web browser. In case you can’t see a cancellation option, you are probably subscribed to Netflix from a third-party service so you will have to proceed there to cancel the subscription.
If you have subscribed to Netflix via iTunes or via App Store, here is an almost identical set of instructions you can use for canceling Netflix. Consider the nomenclature #1 for a subscription via App Store and #2 for iTunes.
- Launch the App Store (#1) OR Open to the Settings on your device and then tap on “iTunes & App Store” (#2).
- Now, tap on Apple ID at the bottom, tap on “View Apple ID,” and enter the Apple ID and passwords if prompted to log in.
- Proceed to “Subscriptions >> Manage” (#1), go to “Subscriptions” (#2).
- Next up, tap on “Netflix Subscription” and tap on “Cancel Subscription” (#1) OR toggle to switch off “Automatic Renewal.”
This will discontinue your subscriptions to Netflix made via iTunes (#1) or App Store (#2). As usual, you will be able to use Netflix till the current billing cycle ends.
Unlike most services on the internet, Netflix is fairly easier to unsubscribe to. You don’t need a rocket science degree to learn how to cancel a Netflix subscription if made directly, If you subscribed to Netflix using T-Mobile, the story is a bit different but here, we have devised a set of instructions that you can use to cancel your Netflix subscription with T-Mobile at ease.
- Firstly, go to T-Mobile’s website on your device (either PC or your phone).
- Log in to your T-Mobile account using the login credentials you usually use.
- Next up, go to the “I Want to” section on tap on “Manage Add-Ons.”
- Here, you will see a “Services” section that will show all your previous and current services.
- Netflix subscription on T-Mobile has two tiers here, and the one you are subscribing to will be ticked. Simply unselect it.
- You will get a prompt asking you to confirm removing a Netflix subscription from T-Mobile. Select “Continue Removal” from the pop-up dialog box.
- Next up, select “Continue” located at the bottom of the screen, and bingo, it is done.
- Firstly, launch the Netflix app.
- Swipe in from the left side of the screen to go to Settings.
- Proceed to “Account Settings,” which will trigger it to open a browser window within the app.
- Finally, tap on “Cancel Membership,” and then confirm it by tapping on “Finish Cancellation,” and then you are done.
Note that after canceling the membership for Netflix using any of the enlisted methods, you should be able to use the services until the current billing cycle, and that goes without saying. You can use the instructions mentioned under “Cancel from iTunes,” which is for iPhones/iPad devices.
You launch Netflix on your phone or PC and tune into the latest episode or movie. You are constantly consuming data that is proportional to the video resolution being viewed. Watching content online may introduce a buffer, so you spend more time than usual watching an episode. Plus, you have to compensate for the unreliable internet connection when traveling or on the go. Also, it put your device’s battery at ease as you can watch content free at any time and anywhere.
Thus, downloading content from Netflix for offline viewing is the way to go and DVDFab Netflix Downloader is one of the most recommended channels to download videos from Netflix locally and not accessible within the app only.
DVDFab Netflix Downloader is a robust and efficient TV show and movie downloading software out there. It converts all downloaded files in MP4 while retaining the quality of the source with video resolutions at 1080p. The software can not just download content from Netflix but you also get video subtitles and meta info that you can consume to get a gist of any episode you are watching or any other details such as movie name, genre, etc.
The software lets you download videos in batch mode so you can add an entire TV series consisting of multiple episodes all at once. The DVDFab Netflix Downloader captures everything that you see on a screen so you don’t miss out on anything. Plus, since you have downloaded the content for offline viewing, watching them over and over again is just a piece of cake.
Other features include downloading Netflix videos at twice the speed with hardware acceleration enabled. Here’s how you can use DVDFab Netflix Downloader to download both TV shows and movies for offline viewing.
The process is very straightforward. Of course, you need to install the DVDFab Downloader on your PC and then simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- First up, launch the software/program on your PC.
- On the navigation pane located in the left corner, tap on “Streaming Services”.
- This will give you a list of all the OTT and paid video streaming services. Select “Netflix” and this will open the homepage of that website.
- Use the login credentials of your Netflix account assuming that you haven’t canceled it yet.
- Go to the movie/TV shows you want to download and play it as usual. This should trigger a pop-up menu prompting users whether they want to download that particular video. Tap on “Add to Queue” if you have multiple files to download.
- Tap on “Download Now” which should start downloading that particular video. If you go to “Task Queue >> Downloading”, you will get a list of all the files you added to the queue.
- All the downloaded files will go into the “Finished” Tab.
- Use the Batch-Download feature if you want to download multiple episodes or seasons of any TV show. You can tick and unlock on an episode level and commence downloading at your will.
And with that, we summarize our post on everything about Netflix subscriptions, how to cancel Netflix subscriptions, and how you can still get a bucket load of Netflix content offline. Although there’s a catch. You will miss out on new episodes and movies uploaded on Netflix once you have canceled the subscription unless you use third-party apps like Telegram to download it which is not a legit way to do it though.
Other Articles You May Like:
Download Netflix Free for Offline View
Most Anticipated Upcoming Netflix Originals 2021
Most Anticipated Hulu Originals 2021
Download Hulu 4K Content for Offline Viewing
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
SpankBang Download | Which SpankBang Downloader Do You Prefer?
Download Instagram Videos or Download Instagram Stories? You Can Download Both! Effortlessly!
Vimeo Downloader: Desktop/Online/Android Apps and Browser Extensions
Download TED Talks Videos at Their Original Quality of 720p, 1080p or Higher