7 Best Hulu Ad Blocker Solutions to Those Not Interested in the Hulu No Ads Plan
Summary: Are you looking for a Hulu ad blocker to block Hulu ads so that you can enjoy a pleasant ad-free Hulu watching experience? Check this article to find out our list of the viable Hulu adblock solutions.
Table of Contents
What is the most annoying thing when watching your favorite TV shows from your favorite streaming services? Guess most of cord-cutters will come up with the same answer. The ads. Sure, like with cable TVs, nearly all the major and small name streaming services insert ads with their base plans, unless you would like to pay a few dollar more each month to remove the ads. There is no exception with Hulu.
If you’re a serious watcher after your favorite TV shows, then an ad-free Hulu watching experience is quite crucial. But if you don’t want to take some extra dollars out of your pocket each month, as in Hulu’s case, $6 for the Hulu (No Ads) plan, then you can consider some 3rd party Hulu ad blocker solutions to help you skip or block Hulu ads. In that case, check out our recommended Hulu adblcok solutions.
The best way how to block ads on Hulu is to usher in a 3rd-party Hulu downloader software that allows you to download Hulu movies as offline videos to watch without a live internet connection. DVDFab Hulu Downloader is born for that mission. It can present you a completely undisturbed ad free Hulu watching experience by downloading all the Hulu shows and movies to either 720p MP4 videos that contain no commercials at all.
No commercials at the beginning, no commercials between two TV episodes, and no commercials in the middle of playback. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about being blocked by Hulu, which is very much likely to happen to those Hulu ad blocker extension for web browsers. This Hulu downloader can be your ultimate solution to block Hulu ads once and for all.
- Output premium 720p MP4 videos with EAC3 5.1 or AAC 2.0 audios.
- The downloaded Hulu videos contain no ads, no commercials.
- Batch-Download multiple TV episodes at one go.
- Download a 90-min movie in just 10 ~ 20 minutes.
- Cannot be blocked by Hulu forever.
- The downloaded videos never expire.
- You can transfer the downloaded videos to watch on any device.
- You are not asked to finish watching a video within 48 hours.
Refer to the steps below to see how to block ads on Hulu by downloading its videos offline:
- Step 1: Launch DVDFab Downloader, opt for the Streaming Services option from the left navigation menu.
- Step 2: Open Hulu website by clicking its logo from the supported streaming service list.
- Step 3: Sign in to your account and play the video you want to download.
- Step 4: When a popup window shows up, click the Download Now button on it and the video being played will start to download instantly.
As you can see, this Hulu downloader software can help you kill three birds with one stone, you can get rid of the streaming rules, watch the downloaded Hulu videos whenever and wherever you want, and without any ads or commercials to interrupt your cozy movie entertainment. Hence, if you’re expecting a perfect and forever working Hulu ad blocker, what this one can deliver doubles your expectations.
Adblock Plus is definitely the world most famous and widely-used open-source browser extension in the fields of content-filtering and ad blocking. Unlike the Hulu Ad Skipper mentioned above which is specifically tailored for Chrome, Adblock Plus works on all the major browsers including Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, Opera, Safari, Yandex Browser. It even has an Android version. So, you can surely use this extension as your Hulu ad blocker.
- Open the extension store of your browser, search for Adblock Plus.
- Click the Add button (button name varies from one browser to another) to install the extension.
- Go to Hulu website and start to watch your beloved movies without ads.
As implied by its name, Hulu Ad Skipper is a bowser extension available to Google Chrome that can help Hulu subscribers to block Hulu ads, by actually fast forwarding through the commercials being played on Hulu.
It is designed with the capability to identify all the ads on Hulu and once detected, mute and fast forward through them. So, Chrome users can get this Hulu Ad Skipper easily from Chrome web store.
- Open Chrome web store, search for Hulu Ad Skipper.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to install the extension.
- Open Hulu website, to watch your favorite shows, it should skip the ads for you.
If you are neither interested in a downloader software nor prefer a web browser extension, then you might want to use this solution — open two tabs to watch the same video on Hulu. But to remind you, this solution is not suitable for those who have a slow internet speed and also those who are with a limited data plan. Because opening two tabs to watch the same video might possibly slow down the streaming speed. Anyway, refer to the detailed guides below to see how to block ads on Hulu using this solution.
- Step 1: Launch Hulu app, login your account, play the video you want to watch in a new window.
- Step 2: Repeat step 1 and now you are streaming the same video in two separate windows simultaneously.
- Step 3: Mute the playback in the 2nd window, and fast forward to the first ad.
- Step 4: Switch to the 1st window and watch the video there.
- Step 5: When an ad pops up in the 1st window, mute the playback and then switch to the 2nd window, rewind the opening ad and un-mute it.
- Step 6: Now in the 2nd window, no more ads will pop up on you again.
This is another alternative solution to those who have no intentions to get neither a Hulu ad blocker plugin nor a paid software solution. But it is not really bypassing the commercials, other than shortening them.
To skip through the ads, all you need to do is refreshing the Hulu app page, and that will help cut the duration of the ads much shorter than they were originally planned for. Hence, to anyone looking for a practical solution for how to block ads on Hulu, this might do the basic trick.
This is another Hulu adblock solution that requires no browser plugin nor 3rd-party Hulu ad blocker application. But, it requires you to be a little bit techy, because it is done by some settings on your router control management. If you are able to set it up well, you could possibly block all types of ads on Hulu and enjoy a completely ad-free Hulu movies watching experience.
Refer to the steps below to see how to get the web filtering to work to block Hulu ads.
- Step 1: Connect your computer to your home Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Open your browser, enter the IP Address 192.168.0.1 to access your router.
- Step 3: Go to the Web Filtering option and then add ads-e-darwin.Hulustream.com
- Step 4: Click the Apply button and restart the router.
Apart from blocking Hulu ads on web browsers and Hulu apps, you might also want to know how to skip Hulu ads on mobile devices such as an iPhone or Android smartphone. As mentioned earlier, the Adblock Plus also has a mobile app both for iOS, iPadOS and Android platforms. If you are already with Adblock Plus with your browser, then there should be no problem for you to figure out how to use its mobile app to help you get rid of Hulu ads on your smartphone and tablet.
Besides Adblock Plus, Blokada is another Android alternative application which can also help users to bypass ads on Hulu mobile app on Android smartphones and tablets.
- Step 1: Download and install the app from Google Play store
- Step 2: Launch Blokada, go to the Blacklist option, and blacklist Hulu app
- Step 3: Tap on Goodbye ads and you are all set.
Generally speaking, there are two basic types of ads and commercials on Hulu. Short ads and long ads. A short commercial usually lasts 20 ~ 40 seconds long, and for most of the time, it appears before the video starts and in the middle of the playback; long commercials can maximally be as long as 4 minutes on Hulu, and it usually is inserted between movies and two TV episodes. To casual watchers, an ad that is 20 or 40 seconds long might not a big deal, but to serious TV show chasers, it might quite annoying, not mention one that lasts 4 minutes long. Nobody can put up with those.
To anyone who cannot tolerate with ads popping up from Hulu, or any other streaming service, when watching the favorite TV shows or movies, you can either upgrade to the ad-free subscription plan which of course will require you to shed out more of your hard-earned money each month, or you can also choose the Hulu ad blockers mentioned here in this article in case you’re on a tight budget.
If you want to remove the Hulu ads permanently, keep your favorite Hulu shows and movies for as long as you want and watch them whenever you would like to, then the ultimate solution mentioned in this article, DVDFab Hulu Downloader, is what we recommend the most. Killing three birds with one stone. Why not.
- Does Adblock Plus work on Hulu?
Yes, Adblock Plus works on Hulu and most of the other major streaming services.
- How much is the Hulu (No Ads) plan?
The premium ad-free plan of Hulu costs $12 a month, compared to the $6 basic plan, it’s doubled.