How to Turn Off Subtitles on Netflix on Any Devices
Summary: Netflix subtitle is a great option to enjoy movies and shows, but learning how to turn off Netflix subtitles or how to turn on can be much helpful.
Netflix can be a great option for almost all your needs and expectations in terms of watching your shows and movies exactly in the same way that you look ahead to. The ability to customize your subtitles to your heart’s content can be something quite perfect and exciting on a Netflix movie or show. The customization options offered by the subtitles on Netflix can include the ability to change the font size, subtitle language, a disable option, and several other options you can check out.
Table of Contents
- Section 1. How to turn off subtitles on Netflix on different devices?
The subtitles are quite a valuable option, but you would also find it to be extremely necessary and the most required options ever. You will be able to turn off the subtitles on Netflix by following a few easy and simple steps. Turning the subtitles off on several devices can prove to be an easier task, but it will work quite differently across different devices and platforms. The steps would be different across different devices and platforms. Let us check out the different options that include phones, tablets, streaming devices, game consoles, smart TVs, and web browsers.
The steps involved in how to turn off subtitles on Netflix would be much simple and easier. You will simply need to hover your mouse over the button or icon that looks like a dialog button.
Here is how you would be able to check how to turn subtitles off on Netflix
- Launch your favorite show on Netflix.
- Click on the conversation icon at the bottom right corner of your device
- Choose the option for Subtitles and you will good to go with the best experience.
Remember that the video continues to play while you are fumbling with those settings. To ensure that you are not losing any content when you are tinkering with the settings, pause the video that you are playing.
The steps involved in how to turn off subtitles on Netflix can include the following steps –
- Launch Netflix and play your movie or video show.
- As your video is playing, tap on it.
- On the context menu that appears, tap on Audio and Subtitles
- Choose the option Off
That does it. Your Netflix subtitles will turn off.
Follow the simple steps here below to turn off the subtitles –
- Launch Netflix and play your movie or video
- Once the show begins to play, tap on the screen.
- A dialogue should appear on your screen.
- From the dialogue, tap on the option that says Audio and Subtitles
- Tap on the option to turn off subtitles.
That does it and you will be able to turn off the subtitles.
If you are using a Google Chromecast device, you can even use it for turning off subtitles on Netflix rather easily. The methods remain the same as on Android and iOS devices.
Follow the steps here below to turn off subtitles on Chromecast –
- Open Netflix on Google Chromecast.
- Play your preferred show or video on Netflix
- Tap on the movie on the video.
- This will open a dialogue
- Tap on the audio and Subtitles
- Tap the Off option on subtitles.
Follow the instructions to turn off subtitles on Netflix.
There are two different options that can be used to turn off subtitles on Netflix on your Roku device. The steps would be dependent on whether you are using the old Roku device or the new Roku device.
Follow the steps here below –
- Launch Netflix on your Roku device
- Open the movie that you want to watch
- From the description page, click on Audio and subtitles
- Click on the options for off for the subtitles.
- Press the Back option
That does it. Play the movie and you will find that the subtitles are removed.
You can follow the steps here below –
- While you are playing the movie and show on your Roku device, press the Up or Down key on your Roku remote
- Press the option for Audio and Subtitles
- The subtitles and audio you preferred would play
- Select the option to Turn Off the subtitles.
Now, we will learn how to turn off Netflix on Apple TV. You can follow the steps here below for turning off the subtitles on Netflix.
- Launch Netflix on Apple TV and play your favorite movie or TV show.
- On Apple TV 2 and 3, hold the center button on your Apple TV remote.
- On the Apple TV 4 or 4K, swipe down on the touchpad.
- Select the option for OFF under the subtitles option.
Turning the subtitles off on a Fire TV device should be quite easy and effective. It can be one of the perfect options for your needs in choosing and managing your streaming service.
Here are the steps involved in how to turn off subtitles on Netflix-
- Launch the movie or show on Netflix on Firestick
- Check the option for the video description
- Scroll down and pick the option for Audio & Subtitles
- Choose the Select button to open the subtitles menu
- Choose the subtitle options including turning it off.
If you want to access the subtitle settings when the video is playing, you can simply press the Down button on your remote to access the Audio and subtitles option.
Turning off Netflix subtitles on Smart TV would generally be dependent on the TV model. You should be able to get access to the settings through any of the following two methods –
Method 1 –
- Launch Netflix on your Smart TV
- Choose an episode or TV you would want to watch
- Go to the Options panel
- Choose the Audio and Subtitles option
- Make a choice for the right subtitles.
- Go back to the options panel.
- Press Playback to arrive at the right settings
Method 2 –
- Launch Netflix app on your smart TV
- Start the playback on the movie or video that you want to watch.
- Press the UP arrow on your remote.
- Pick the Dialog icon from the context menu
- Change the options for subtitles
That should do it and your subtitles should be changed.
While Netflix offers you a round the clock service in enjoying your favorite shows and movies without hassles. However, there are times you are moving to an area that may have serious network issues and you are looking to enjoy a few of your favorite Netflix shows. In such cases, it would be a great idea to use a download service to watch the shows on your device even when you have no network connectivity.
One of the excellent options that we found extremely wonderful and powerful enough is DVDFab Netflix Downloader. It doubles up as an excellent and powerful option for all your requirement in downloading Netflix videos, movies and TV shows of your favorite in 1080p video quality.
Some of the prime features you stand to gain with the DVDFab Netflix Downloader can be summarised as –
- A high-quality download functionality – DVDFab Netflix Downloader provides you access to an enhanced download option in terms of video quality. You will get access to 1080p video downloads in MP4 quality. You will be able to save the videos in quality as high as 1080p and MP4 quality.
- Get access to subtitles and metadata – You can either decide to embed or render the subtitles directly into the video you are downloading. You May even decide to download the video separately as a .srt file. The DVDFab Netflix Downloader can also download additional meta information along with the audio. The extra info that can be embedded into the downloaded videos can include the movie name, genre, and plot.
- Batch download options in one Go – While you are playing a video, the software will detect if it is a part of the series. If it finds that the downloaded content is a part of the series, it will let you download the other episodes of the series.
- Faster download option – DVDFab Netflix Downloader can be your best bet for the high end and a faster video download from Netflix. With hardware acceleration enabled, you will be able to download your favorite videos at 2x speeds
DVDFab Netflix Downloader lets you download streaming videos with simplicity and ease. The 2X download speed offered with the hardware acceleration can further make it one of the most practical solutions to help you get access to a completely enhanced degree of experience in downloading Netflix videos to your heart’s content.
Playing with the subtitles and managing them effectively can indeed be a art. If you are on Netflix and looking to find the best options to find how to turn off subtitles on Netflix, the tips here should ideally be one of the excellent and right options to achieve the best possible results. The methods used for turning off the subtitles across different devices and platforms should ideally be helpful making the best use of every aspect of the Netflix subtitle management at its best.
Having understood the essence of how to turn off subtitles, will it not be equally important to understand how to download the Netflix videos with the right subtitles? DVDFab Netflix Downloader should be one of the excellent options from that perspective. An ability to download videos from as many as 1000 video sharing sites, a subtitle and metadata download capability, and other advanced options offered by the downloader tool should make it one of the most reliable options ever.
- Can I Change the Subtitle Language?
Changing the subtitle language should not necessarily be an issue on Netflix. You can do it easily, but you need to use the Profile settings menu for the purpose. It is not possible to change it from the shows or videos that you are watching.
- Can Text Size Be Adjusted on Netflix subtitles?
You can change the text of the subtitle and even their appearance from your profile settings. You can configure the subtitles by customizing several factors such as font, text size, shadows, and many more other features thereof.
- My Subtitles Aren’t Syncing Properly. What Can I Do?
You may not experience the subtitle desyncing most of the time. However, it has been observed to be a known issue. There have been a few reports of this happening, although occasionally. Do note that this issue is from the Netflix end and there is nothing you can do on your device to resolve it. While there is no official solution available as yet, you can report the problem to Netflix whenever you find it happening.
- Why do Netflix subtitles won't turn off?
If you notice that the subtitles come back despite the fact that you have turned them off, the issue can quite possibly be from the Netflix end. Maybe the captions or subtitles are turned on in some other settings, and the default settings are being overridden in such cases. Talking to the Netflix customer care should ideally help you find the right resolution.
- Why are Netflix subtitles not working?
It may be an issue related to the particular service or show. You can check out any other show or movie to check if the subtitles are working on any other services. If the issue keeps affecting you repeatedly, it may be worthwhile to get in touch with Netflix to get more information on how to get subtitles on Netflix.
Other Articles You May Like:
Download Netflix Free for Offline View
Most Anticipated Upcoming Netflix Originals 2021
Most Anticipated Hulu Originals 2021
Download Hulu 4K Content for Offline Viewing
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
SpankBang Download | Which SpankBang Downloader Do You Prefer?
Download Instagram Videos or Download Instagram Stories? You Can Download Both! Effortlessly!
Vimeo Downloader: Desktop/Online/Android Apps and Browser Extensions
Download TED Talks Videos at Their Original Quality of 720p, 1080p or Higher