Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
Summary: As a Hulu subscriber, are you still trying to figure out how to download Hulu Shows? Read this article, you won’t have to scratch your head anymore, because all you want to know about how to download on Hulu will be answered with great details.
Table of Contents
- Part 2: Two Different Ways to Download Hulu Shows
Although streaming is becoming more and more prevailing these years, especially during 2020 due the unexpected outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic. Many streaming services are rolling out their respective originals following Netflix. And in the meantime, due to the lockdown and close of cinemas and theaters, the movie studios are beginning to release blockbuster movies simultaneously in theaters and on streaming platforms as well, like this year’s only epic movie, Wonder Woman 1984 from DC and WarnerBros.
That being said, there are still times when streaming is not the best option. So a subscriber of Hulu streaming service, when you are far away from the Wi-Fi environment, how do you watch your favorite Hulu shows and movies? The answer is of course to download those shows and movies for offline watch. So here comes our primary topic of today — Can you download shows on Hulu? Can you download Hulu shows and movies? Or how to download Hulu shows and movies? Questions like these shall be addressed in the following sections. Make sure you read till the end of the article.
Before we talk about how do download Hulu shows for offline view, let’s first be clear why one like would to download Hulu shows to watch offline. The reason for Hulu download offline cannot be simpler — despite each streaming platforms offer hundreds of shows and movies to their subscribers, but those shows and movies come and go normally. In other words, those shows and movies won’t sit there still too long, they have their shelf time.
So what if the shows and movies you want to watch are going to be removed and replaced by others, but you just cannot spare enough time to stream? What if you are far away from a Wi-Fi coverage like in the public transportation but still want to watch your beloved shows and movies on to move? This happens to all the subscribers all the times. So when under such circumstances, the only option left is to download Hulu shows for offline watch.
Okay here comes the time that we answer the questions of how to download Hulu shows, can I download Hulu shows, can you download Hulu shows, or can you download on Hulu, or anything similar to those. And the answer to all these questions is YES, you can download Hulu shows and movies.
Actually, there is more than one way to download Hulu shows and movies for offline view. Ready to take a closer look? Read on to find two different ways to download Hulu shows, one is to use the Hulu app itself, and the other is to download Hulu shows with a 3rd-party streaming video downloader software.
As of July 28, 2020, Hulu announces that it will allow certain types of subscribers to download Hulu shows and movies of select for offline view, without costing extra money. The download can be performed via the Hulu apps and only those shows and movies inside Hulu streaming library can be downloaded. However, don’t be over pleased too early. There are limits and restrictions.
- To download Hulu shows and movies, you need to be a Hulu (No Ads) or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV subscriber, which means, if you are just a subscriber of Hulu base plan, then you cannot download Hulu shows and movies.
- To download Hulu shows, you need a supported iOS or Android mobile device. That is to say, you cannot download Hulu shows directly from any PCs directly from the Hulu.com website.
- You can only download Hulu shows and movies that are marked with a download icon.
- The downloaded Hulu shows and movies can only be played on the device which they are downloaded onto.
- Logging out your Hulu account automatically deletes all the downloaded content from your device, permanently.
- Download might suffer from loss of internet connection or poor connection speed.
- You can have up to 25 downloads on five supported mobile devices at one time. These limits are set at the account level, not per profile or device.
- You’ll have access to your unwatched downloads for 30 days, unless the episode or movie expires from Hulu streaming library before that. Once you start playback, you’ll have 48 hours to finish watching before the download expires.
As you can see from the above section, although Hulu officially allows its subscribers to download Hulu shows and movies for offline watch, they at the same time, put too many limitations on what you can download, where you can keep and watch your downloads, how long you can keep your downloads, and how much time you are given to finish watching the downloads once you begin. Too many limitations, right?! Bored?
Here comes your rescue. It’s time we introduce you a 3rd-party streaming video downloader, DVDFab DRM Video Downloader, which allows your download Hulu shows and movies with no limitations at all. You can download Hulu shows and movies of your choice, you can download Hulu shows directly from your computer and on Hulu.com, and what’s more, you can keep your downloaded videos as long as you wish and watch them on as many devices as you need to.
Available on: Windows, macOS, Android and browser add-ons
Pricing plan: $59.99/mo. $79.99/year, or $149.99 for perpetual license with lifetime free updates. 30-day free trial also available for you to download three videos from Hulu
Key Features of This Streaming Video Downloader:
- Download Hulu shows and movies including those are not marked with a download icon
- Download streaming videos from other major streaming services including HBO Now, HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, EPSN and more
- Download streaming videos at either 720p or 1080p quality of your own choice
- Download streaming videos with high quality audio tracks of up to 5.1 channels
- Play and watch the downloaded DRM-free contents on any device of your choice
- Support to download subtitles as well as metadata information
- Support to batch-download episodes and auto-download new releases
- Allow you to watch and download contents on Hulu.com simultaneously
- Organize the output file name and directory for the downloaded movies and TV shows
Additional Tips: DVDFab DRM Video Downloader is just one product module separately purchasable from its DVDFab Downloader suite, which also contains two more product modules that are also purchasable independently, namely, the Video Downloader and the YouTube to MP3. The video downloader software allows users to download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, Instagram and more than 1000 video hosting websites, at up to 8K quality. While the YouTube to MP3 product module allows you to download up to 320kbps MP3 tracks from all those same websites.
Follow the detailed steps below to see how to download streaming videos, download Hulu shows and movies with this streaming video downloader:
Step 1: Download and Install the Hulu Show Downloader
Download and install this streaming video downloader on your computer. To do that, click the two Download buttons below, one for Windows, the other macOS.
Step 2: Launch the Hulu Downloader to Choose Your Preferred Video Quality
Once the installation of this Hulu show downloader is complete, launch the program, and click the Hamburger button near the top right corner and then open the Settings panel, move to DRM Video Downloader where you can choose your favorite video quality at the Resolution box, 1080p Full HD and 720p HD are available.
Step 3: Start the Hulu Show Download Process
Once done at the Settings panel, click the DRM Video Downloader option from the left pane, then click the Hulu logo from the supported website list that shall take you to the Hulu.com webpage with a separate window.
Login with your Hulu account and then search your wanted title of your favorite shows or movies as you normally do. Next you need to play back the selected video as usual. When the playback begins, you will notice that at the top left corner of the playback screen, the video is being downloaded. Don't close the playback page until the download is complete.
Alright! The above instructions show you exactly how to download Hulu shows and movies you like regardless of what type of Hulu plan you’ve subscribed to. With this streaming video downloader at your disposal, you don’t have to worry about missing any of your favorite Hulu shows any more.
Okay now that you’ve mastered the ways to download Hulu shows and movies either with the Hulu app on your mobile device or with a streaming downloader. Apart from watching the downloaded content on any device and at any time you want. Have you ever thought about burning those downloaded Hulu shows or movies to blank DVDs so that you can watch them on your home DVD player? If you are interested in doing that, then read on to find out how can make that happen with DVDFab DVD Creator, the best DVD authoring software available on the internet.
Key Features of DVDFab DVD Creator:
- Make home DVDs from MP4, MKV, AVI and all the other videos
- Burn to blank DVD9/DVD5 discs, or save to HDDs as ISO files and folders
- Feature inbuilt menu templates to burn DVDs with navigation menus
- Allow users to customize all the elements and widgets in the menus
- Support GPU hardware acceleration to speed up the conversion
Available on: Windows and macOS
Pricing plan: $24.99/mo. $42.99/year, or $69.99 for perpetual license with lifetime free updates. 30-day free trial also available with full features and functions
To attract its subscribers Hulu has officially announced the policy to allow certain types of its users to download Hulu shows and movies for offline view. However, after learning all the limitations that are tied to the download service, bet nobody shall feel encouraged to download Hulu shows of their favorite through the official way.
This is why a 3rd-party streaming video downloader like DVDFab DRM Video Downloader is the much more reliable solution to download Hulu shows. And this product is our final answer to your question of can you download Hulu shows, can I download shows on Hulu, how to download Hulu shows, how to download on Hulu, and any other questions similar to that. As a Hulu subscriber, you shall no longer worry about missing out on your favorite shows and movies in the future.
1) Where can I download the Hulu app?
For Android phones and tablets:
- Using your Android mobile device, go to the Google Play Store or tap the icon from your Home screen
- Go to Search and type Hulu
- Tap the green Hulu icon
- Tap the Install button, then confirm by tapping OK
For iPhones and iPads:
- Using your iOS device to open the App Store
- Select Search and enter Hulu
- Select the Hulu app
- To begin downloading, select Get
- Enter the password for your Apple ID, if requested
2) How to download Hulu shows and movies with its own Hulu app?
To download Hulu shows and movies on the Hulu app from a mobile device, follow the steps below:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network, or enable cellular downloading, then go to Search from the global navigation bar;
- Tap Downloadable from the menu, and swipe through the various collections to browse;
- Select the movie or show you’d like to download. For movies, press the Download Icon button from the Details page; For TV shows, select the Episodes tab to find downloadable episodes. If an episode is available for offline viewing, tap the Download Icon next to it.
- Go to Downloads Menu Icon from the global navigation bar to monitor downloads in progress.
3) Is there any chance to download Hulu shows and movies completely for free?
Unfortunately the answer is no. With Hulu app, you can only download Hulu shows as its paid subscriber of Hulu (No Ads) or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan, which will cost you $11.99/month and $70.99/month, respectively. And with a 3rd-party streaming downloader, you still need to be the subscriber of Hulu base plan which will cost you $5.99/month. And the streaming downloader itself is also not free, but it does offer you 30-day free trial to download Hulu shows, despite three only.
4) Can DRM Video Downloader download Hulu shows and movies in 4K quality?
Nope. With DVDFab DRM Video Downloader, you can download Hulu shows and movies either at 720p or 1080p quality. The downloaded videos will be saved in MP4 format. If you have a strong inclination for 4K videos, then you can check out our featured article on how to upscale 1080p videos to true 4K with the world’s best video upscaling solution DVDFab Video Enhancer AI which uses super-resolution, machine-learning and neural-network technologies to enhance low-res videos to higher resolution without losing details.
Other Articles You May Like:
Convert MP3 to M4A — Is It Really Necessary?
How to Convert WAV to MP4 to Share Your Music to YouTube
What's a Video Converter Android?
How to convert videos to MP3 audios
How to Add Music to YouTube Videos
How to Convert OGG to MP3 for Better Compatibility
Most Competent Video Clip Editors Available in 2020
Top 13 Best Photo Restoration Software 2020
Top 10 Solutions to Convert Low Resolution Image to High Resolution