Please open "Common Settings" window, click on "Write" in the left navigation bar, choose a lower write speed for your need.
Please navigate DVD Ripper to Cell Phone mode, then drop down the profile selection menu to check if there is a profile for your cell phone. If not, you can use MP4 mode to convert for your phone for the time being.
Many DVDFab users, more often than not, have encountered the Read Error problem when trying to copy, rip or convert a DVD or Blu-ray disc. What does this error mean, why does it happen, and what can we do, in one way or another, to fix such kind of error?
The Read Error problem usually happens at the very early stage of the backup or conversion process—the disc analyzing stage, and whenever you are confronted with a read error problem, it indicates that there is something wrong with the DVD or Blu-ray disc you are accessing. It could be a bad sector, a scratch, a film of dust, a bad disc, or even a bad DVD/Blu-ray drive. In either case, it prevents DVDFab from reading the content on the disc.
When this error happens, how to fix the problem? Here below are a few things to try.
1. Whenever the Read Error happens, DVDFab shall pop up a dialog window with certain message which reads “Error while reading! Please choose what to do? Retry, abort, ignore, and ignore all.” At this point, following the advice is the very first thing users should try, around 50% of the read error problems can be fixed, if you try again, ignore the current read error, or ignore all the read errors. However, if this does not address the problem, then read on.
2. If ignoring the read error does not fix the problem, it probably means that disc might have been heavily used, scratched, damaged, or severely covered by dirt. At this point, cleaning the DVD/Blu-ray disc should rescue the scene. How to clean? You can try the following.
Ø Use a Piece of Microfiber Cloth
These are the same kind of cloths people use to clean eyeglasses, monitors, and laptop or LCD monitors. Because of microfiber’s very tight weave and the synthetic materials used to make microfiber, dust and particles of dirt are attracted and lifted up into the microfiber, which prevents you from simply spreading the dust around and scratching the DVD/Blu-ray disc further.
Ø Use Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is also often used to clean discs and just about every sensitive piece of technology out there because it doesn’t act like strong solvents do, and it evaporates quickly without leaving a residue. Usually a 1:1 mixture of 90%+ Isopropyl alcohol and water will do the trick. Simply dab a small, clean cotton cloth into the mixture and wipe in straight lines from the center of the disc to the outside edge. To dry the disc, just let it sit for a moment or two in a vertical position.
Ø Try Window Cleaner
Similar to rubbing alcohol, window cleaner is a great way to clean sticky residues and dirt off of a disc. This isn’t a very “organic solution” but it works. Window cleaner is not a very strong solvent, and it evaporates quickly without leaving residue as well. Instead of spraying the disc, spray a little bit onto a soft, cotton cloth and wipe from the center of the disc to the outside edge—leaving it to dry by propping it up in a vertical position for a few minutes.
Ø Try the Toothpaste
Toothpaste is a natural abrasive, and that’s how it cleans your teeth, and it will do the same for a disc. But don’t use those extra-whitening formulas. Just dab a little bit of Crest or Colgate on that disc, mix it with a little water and with either your finger or a small piece of cloth, and then buff those scratches away.
3. Aside from cleaning the disc, your disc drive, whether internal or external, might also be the reason causing the read error problem. Try not to use the drive continuously for a long time, as overlong work might generate too much heat inside the drive which might be causing the read error problem. Also, try to cleanse the disc tray once in a while to keep the drive free from dirt and dust, so that it can remain in a good working condition.
4. If cleaning both the disc and your optical drive does not fix the problem, then maybe it’s time to give up that disc, but if it is a brand-new disc you just purchased from Amazon, or nearby computer shop, it could be a bad disc. In this case, you can have it returned and replaced.
Per our EULA, a Single-Computer License allows the licensee to use DVDFab 10 on two computers at most, but not at the same time. This is to say, you can authorize your DVDFab 10 on at most two of your computers, but that two computers are not allowed to run DVDFab 10 at the same time frame.
Yes, of course. Though it’s a great upgrade from DVDFab 8 to DVDFab 9, it’s totally free for DVDFab 8 users to use DVDFab 9.
Please insert your original movie to DVD drive, select conversion option you want, choose the titles you need to convert, click on "Edit", open "Conversion Settings", set "Split" as "Split by Chapter".
Yes, DVDFab has its Mac equivalent called DVDFab for Mac, which is downloadable at https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
You need pay for the Mac version to use on your Mac computer, even you have got the paid version of DVDFab Windows version.
DVDFab for Mac requires Mac OS X v10.6/10.7, if yours is v10.5, please update first.
Literally, a Multi-Computer license allows the licensee (not anyone else) to use/authorize DVDFab 10 on multiple computers (more than two), and still being able to run DVDFab 10 simultaneously on those authorized computers. Currently, we only have 3-Computer License and 5-Computer License, which cost $30/$50, and include 3/5 authorizations for 3/5 additional computers. respectively.
Please note that the coupon code must be in upper case. You can simply copy and paste them directly.
"DVD-5 or DVD-9" refer to different types of disks in capacities. DVD-5 (Single layer) disk usually has around 4.7GB free space, while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5GB.
1. Please set the Writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen. If you have set as "DVD-9", you would be asked a dual-layer disc.
Choose DVD-5, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc; Choose DVD-9, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank disc.
2. Please set 4300 as Writable media (DVD-5) size in Common Settings/Write window, then recompress your DVD to DVD-5 size for fitting on to a DVD5 blank media.
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Feb 3, 2018
Get FREE $20 Amazon Gift Card
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues