"DVD-5 or DVD-9" refer to different types of disks in capacities. DVD-5 (Single layer) disk usually has around 4.7GB free space, while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5GB.
1. Please set the Writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen. If you have set as "DVD-9", you would be asked a dual-layer disc.
Choose DVD-5, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc; Choose DVD-9, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank disc.
2. Please set 4300 as Writable media (DVD-5) size in Common Settings/Write window, then recompress your DVD to DVD-5 size for fitting on to a DVD5 blank media.
Yes, you can. There are two options to do that:
1. Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie mode: Choose DVD/Blu-ray writer as Target, set the output size in the lower area of DVDFab main screen as BD5 or BD9.
Choose "BD5", DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit on one BD5/DVD5 disc;
Choose "BD9", DVDFab will compress your blu-ray titles to BD9/DVD9 disc.
Note: The created DVD disc can not play on standalone DVD player, since Blu-ray Copy won't transfer Blu-ray format to DVD standard, files on this DVD disc are still m2ts format.
2. Blu-ray to DVD Converter: This option will generate a DVD-video disc in standard DVD format, which can play well on standalone DVD players.
The Multi-Computer License is only available at DVDFab Member Center, and only those who already purchased DVDFab 10 can log in there to buy extra licenses.
There are cases that the Movie Sever can find but not be able to identify your hard disk drive, especially when it is a brand-new HDD. When this happens, the Movie Server will pop up an alert and ask you to format the HDD first, you can just follow the guide to format the HDD into EXT4 file system. You can also format the HDD at Settings>Disk Manager. Be aware: do not power off the Movie Server or extract the HDD from the cabinet during the formatting process, otherwise, your HDD might get damaged.
In very rare cases, the Movie Server even might not be able to detect your HDD at all, when this happens, you need to get the HDD formatted on your PC, and the following steps tell you how to do that:
1. Connect the SATA hard drive to your PC via a USB to SATA converter;
2. Right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, find the connected hard drive, which should be marked as Not Initialized;
3. Initialize the HDD using the GPT method.
4. Right-click the hard disk and select to create a new volume, format the disk is necessary.
Also, you can format the HDD into EXT3 or EXT4 with other professional tools.
As DVDFab 8 users, you can use DVDFab 9 for free. You just need to login our Member Center to register DVDFab account with the email account you used to purchase DVDFab 8 products. If you already have account in Member Center, this account is good for using. And with your DVDFab account, you can activate your DVDFab 9 products according to your DVDFab 8, since DVDFab 9 products are registered via DVDFab account. Our Member Center can be accessed at: https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm
No. DVD writer does not support Blu-ray format. You need a Blu-ray writer to copy and burn Blu-ray movies.
DVDFab Blu-ray related products, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Ripper and Blu-ray 3D Ripper included, need access DVDFab server to decode AACS and BD+ copy protections. That means the computer you are runing DVDFab on has to be internet connected.
If a licensee has used up all the authorizations his/her license grants, then he/she cannot authorize DVDFab 10 on more computers. But, he/she can deauthorize any computer anytime to make way for another computer.
Aside from managing the media files directly from the Movie Server, users can also manage them from their PC. Here is how:
1. In the address bar of Windows explorer, enter \\Your Movie Server’s IP Address\share;
2. Among the six folders there, the one named sata is actually where all your media files copied by DVDFab 10 are stored, if you want to manage your previous ISO files made by DVDFab 10 with the Poster Wall feature, you need to copy them to sata\sata1\DVDFab ; and the one named sdcard is the built-in memory of the Movie Server, where all the system data are stored.
DVDFab 9 can partly function without internet connection. Since DVDFab 9 needs to access its server to get newest DVD/Blu-ray protections data with the help of connected internet, internet connection is strongly recommended for using DVDFab 9.
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Get 3-Computer License for free in
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues