That depends. There are two kinds of existing customers, paid existing customers and free existing customers. Paid customers can always enjoy the free upgrade policy, major upgrades and minor updated inside a major version, as long as their licenses are within the validity period. However, if you got your licenses from our previous giveaway campaign, then you will have to pay a certain upgrade fee if you want to jump from an earlier major version, such as version 8, to a later major version, such as version 9. But the minor updates are still free as long as your licenses are not expired, such as from ver. 188.8.131.52 to ver. 184.108.40.206
Yes, there are two reasons for requiring a live internet connection:
1). To activate Passkey 9, the program needs to connect to DVDFab server to verify your account information;
2). To decrypt DVDs and Blu-rays, Passkey 9 needs to connect to DVDFab’s online decryption databank, as the decryption process now is cloud-based.
Passkey 9 now uses the advanced online verification method for activation, for the detailed information, please refer to https://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm?pid=passkey
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) does not prohibit the purchase and legal use of decryption software. So please be relieved to use DVDFab to help you handle your legally owned media.
That totally depends on what features you actually need, here below are the differences:
Features in the Standard version:
* Play back DVDs with menu support
* Play back Blu-ray main movie titles
* Play back non 4K UHD/HEVC videos
* PC and TV playback modes available
* Change UI skins with stylish outlook
Features in the Ultra version:
* Menu playback on regular Blu-rays
* Menu playback on 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays
* 4K UHD and HEVC (H.265) video playback
* HDR10 and HD audio output support
* All the features in the Standard version
Simple Mode: if you want to watch the featured movie title directly, you can select Simple Mode, as it will start will the main movie title as soon as the source is loaded, without any distraction from extras, commercials, menus options etc.
Menu Mode: another way of saying Full Navigation Menu. This mode is the best choice for those who want to have hardware Blu-ray Player equivalent Blu-ray viewing experience. It will start with the navigation menus when the source is loaded, and you can use your keyboard or mouse to do some pre-settings, like subtitle, audio track, etc, before actually watching the movie. You can also freely select extras, commercials to see.
1. For supporting new Blu-ray releases. Many new releases need software to be updated in order to get support (so that users can get rid of Blu-ray protections to enjoy/manipulate movie content). DVDFab online server enables users to get advantage of its great supporting power, and spares users the efforts to update the software to new version each time.
2. For better user account protection. If users unluckily get their computer data lost or get their computer system reinstalled, they can still use DVDFab 10 with their DVDFab account, and with no obstacle.
3. For user right protection. This way, we can better protect users’ right under the condition that their registration information never been disclosed.
4. Users are only required to be online when they log on DVDFab and when DVDFab opens the Blu-ray source. Other work can be done with no internet.
Please refer to http://www.DVDFab.com/how_to_register.htm
Option 1 > Playback under the Menu Mode by default:
1). Under PC Mode: Go to Settings > Play Mode, then select "Menu Mode";
2). Under TV Mode: Go to Settings > Playback > DVD/Blu-ray Playback Mode, then select "Menu Mode".
Option 2 > Get Blu-ray Menu during the playback process:
1). Right-click any part on the playback screen;
2). Click "Pop Menu" or "Top Menu" from the contextual menu.
DVDFab Media Player requires internet access to access DVDFab's server to decrypt copy protections to play the encrypted Blu-ray discs.
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Dec 17, 2018
Get $30 Amazon Gift Card for free in
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues