There are two ways to do this:
1. Do not select any subtitle stream at the subtitle selection section at the Main Interface, or
2. Open "Common Settings" window, click on "Stream/Subpicture", mark the option "Do not preselect any subpicture track", DVDFab will default not to select any subpicture stream.
As far as game DVD is mentioned, DVDFab currently only copies game DVDs for PS2. Please use DVDFab DVD Copy - Clone mode to do that. We will support other game DVDs in future.
ISO is the image file of the DVD which can be mounted by many virtual drive programs. If you can get ISO read by such programs, you can get it played or ripped like a standard DVD movie. Since it can be stored on your hard disk, as long as you have enough free space on your hard drive, it is very convenient.
You just need to click on the ISO button (beside the folder icon) to choose a target location to copy. Then you will get the ISO file in your save location.
If you can't find the copied ISO files, please open "My Computer"--> click on "Tools" in the upper left, choose "Folder Options", then click on the "View" tab-->Scroll down in the "Advanced Settings" area and cancle the "Hide extensions for known file types" box in it-->Click on "Apply", then you will find the iso files.
Please open "Common Settings" window, click on "Write" in the left navigation bar, choose a lower write speed for your need.
Please navigate DVD Ripper to Cell Phone mode, then drop down the profile selection menu to check if there is a profile for your cell phone. If not, you can use MP4 mode to convert for your phone for the time being.
Many DVDFab users, more often than not, have encountered the Read Error problem when trying to copy, rip or convert a DVD or Blu-ray disc. What does this error mean, why does it happen, and what can we do, in one way or another, to fix such kind of error?
The Read Error problem usually happens at the very early stage of the backup or conversion process—the disc analyzing stage, and whenever you are confronted with a read error problem, it indicates that there is something wrong with the DVD or Blu-ray disc you are accessing. It could be a bad sector, a scratch, a film of dust, a bad disc, or even a bad DVD/Blu-ray drive. In either case, it prevents DVDFab from reading the content on the disc.
When this error happens, how to fix the problem? Here below are a few things to try.
1. Whenever the Read Error happens, DVDFab shall pop up a dialog window with certain message which reads “Error while reading! Please choose what to do? Retry, abort, ignore, and ignore all.” At this point, following the advice is the very first thing users should try, around 50% of the read error problems can be fixed, if you try again, ignore the current read error, or ignore all the read errors. However, if this does not address the problem, then read on.
2. If ignoring the read error does not fix the problem, it probably means that disc might have been heavily used, scratched, damaged, or severely covered by dirt. At this point, cleaning the DVD/Blu-ray disc should rescue the scene. How to clean? You can try the following.
Ø Use a Piece of Microfiber Cloth
These are the same kind of cloths people use to clean eyeglasses, monitors, and laptop or LCD monitors. Because of microfiber’s very tight weave and the synthetic materials used to make microfiber, dust and particles of dirt are attracted and lifted up into the microfiber, which prevents you from simply spreading the dust around and scratching the DVD/Blu-ray disc further.
Ø Use Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol is also often used to clean discs and just about every sensitive piece of technology out there because it doesn’t act like strong solvents do, and it evaporates quickly without leaving a residue. Usually a 1:1 mixture of 90%+ Isopropyl alcohol and water will do the trick. Simply dab a small, clean cotton cloth into the mixture and wipe in straight lines from the center of the disc to the outside edge. To dry the disc, just let it sit for a moment or two in a vertical position.
Ø Try Window Cleaner
Similar to rubbing alcohol, window cleaner is a great way to clean sticky residues and dirt off of a disc. This isn’t a very “organic solution” but it works. Window cleaner is not a very strong solvent, and it evaporates quickly without leaving residue as well. Instead of spraying the disc, spray a little bit onto a soft, cotton cloth and wipe from the center of the disc to the outside edge—leaving it to dry by propping it up in a vertical position for a few minutes.
Ø Try the Toothpaste
Toothpaste is a natural abrasive, and that’s how it cleans your teeth, and it will do the same for a disc. But don’t use those extra-whitening formulas. Just dab a little bit of Crest or Colgate on that disc, mix it with a little water and with either your finger or a small piece of cloth, and then buff those scratches away.
3. Aside from cleaning the disc, your disc drive, whether internal or external, might also be the reason causing the read error problem. Try not to use the drive continuously for a long time, as overlong work might generate too much heat inside the drive which might be causing the read error problem. Also, try to cleanse the disc tray once in a while to keep the drive free from dirt and dust, so that it can remain in a good working condition.
4. If cleaning both the disc and your optical drive does not fix the problem, then maybe it’s time to give up that disc, but if it is a brand-new disc you just purchased from Amazon, or nearby computer shop, it could be a bad disc. In this case, you can have it returned and replaced.
Please insert your original movie to DVD drive, select conversion option you want, choose the titles you need to convert, click on "Edit", open "Conversion Settings", set "Split" as "Split by Chapter".
"DVD-5 or DVD-9" refer to different types of disks in capacities. DVD-5 (Single layer) disk usually has around 4.7GB free space, while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5GB.
1. Please set the Writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen. If you have set as "DVD-9", you would be asked a dual-layer disc.
Choose DVD-5, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc; Choose DVD-9, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank disc.
2. Please set 4300 as Writable media (DVD-5) size in Common Settings/Write window, then recompress your DVD to DVD-5 size for fitting on to a DVD5 blank media.
Yes, you can. There are two options to do that:
1. Blu-ray Copy - Main Movie mode: Choose DVD/Blu-ray writer as Target, set the output size in the lower area of DVDFab main screen as BD5 or BD9.
Choose "BD5", DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit on one BD5/DVD5 disc;
Choose "BD9", DVDFab will compress your blu-ray titles to BD9/DVD9 disc.
Note: The created DVD disc can not play on standalone DVD player, since Blu-ray Copy won't transfer Blu-ray format to DVD standard, files on this DVD disc are still m2ts format.
2. Blu-ray to DVD Converter: This option will generate a DVD-video disc in standard DVD format, which can play well on standalone DVD players.
There are cases that the Movie Sever can find but not be able to identify your hard disk drive, especially when it is a brand-new HDD. When this happens, the Movie Server will pop up an alert and ask you to format the HDD first, you can just follow the guide to format the HDD into EXT4 file system. You can also format the HDD at Settings>Disk Manager. Be aware: do not power off the Movie Server or extract the HDD from the cabinet during the formatting process, otherwise, your HDD might get damaged.
In very rare cases, the Movie Server even might not be able to detect your HDD at all, when this happens, you need to get the HDD formatted on your PC, and the following steps tell you how to do that:
1. Connect the SATA hard drive to your PC via a USB to SATA converter;
2. Right-click My Computer > Manage > Disk Management, find the connected hard drive, which should be marked as Not Initialized;
3. Initialize the HDD using the GPT method.
4. Right-click the hard disk and select to create a new volume, format the disk is necessary.
Also, you can format the HDD into EXT3 or EXT4 with other professional tools.
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Oct 30, 2017
Get FREE $20 Amazon Gift Card
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues