FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- Blu-ray to UHD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- DVDFab Downloader
- DVDFab Toolkit
- Video Enhancer AI
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- Can I still use DRM Removal for Apple if my license expires?
- Is passkey 9 free for existing customers?
- Does Passkey 9 require a live internet to work properly?
- How to activate Passkey 9?
- Am I legally permitted to purchase and use DVDFab software?
- Which version, the Standard or the Ultra, is right for me?
- When do I select Simple Mode and when Menu Mode? What’s the difference?
- Why DVDFab 10 Requires Internet Connection?
- How to register DVDFab for Mac?
- How can I get the navigation menu of the movie being played?
Can I still use DRM Removal for Apple if my license expires?
Unlike other modules such as the DVD Copy and Blu-ray Copy which can still handle some old discs after it expires, DRM Removal for Apple does not work at all if your license expires, which means, if you have purchased the yearly based license, including 1/2/3/4 terms, you will have to renew it after it expires. So we recommend you the lifetime license.
Is passkey 9 free for existing customers?
That depends. There are two kinds of existing customers, paid existing customers and free existing customers. Paid customers can always enjoy the free upgrade policy, major upgrades and minor updated inside a major version, as long as their licenses are within the validity period. However, if you got your licenses from our previous giveaway campaign, then you will have to pay a certain upgrade fee if you want to jump from an earlier major version, such as version 8, to a later major version, such as version 9. But the minor updates are still free as long as your licenses are not expired, such as from ver. 188.8.131.52 to ver. 184.108.40.206
Does Passkey 9 require a live internet to work properly?
Yes, there are two reasons for requiring a live internet connection:
1). To activate Passkey 9, the program needs to connect to DVDFab server to verify your account information;
2). To decrypt DVDs and Blu-rays, Passkey 9 needs to connect to DVDFab’s online decryption databank, as the decryption process now is cloud-based.
How to activate Passkey 9?
Passkey 9 now uses the advanced online verification method for activation, for the detailed information, please refer to https://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_register.htm?pid=passkey
Am I legally permitted to purchase and use DVDFab software?
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) does not prohibit the purchase and legal use of decryption software. So please be relieved to use DVDFab to help you handle your legally owned media.
Which version, the Standard or the Ultra, is right for me?
That totally depends on what features you actually need, here below are the differences:
Features in the Standard version:
* Play back DVDs with menu support
* Play back Blu-ray main movie titles
* Play back non 4K UHD/HEVC videos
* PC and TV playback modes available
* Change UI skins with stylish outlook
Features in the Ultra version:
* Menu playback on regular Blu-rays
* Menu playback on 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays
* 4K UHD and HEVC (H.265) video playback
* HDR10 and HD audio output support
* All the features in the Standard version
When do I select Simple Mode and when Menu Mode? What’s the difference?
Simple Mode: if you want to watch the featured movie title directly, you can select Simple Mode, as it will start will the main movie title as soon as the source is loaded, without any distraction from extras, commercials, menus options etc.
Menu Mode: another way of saying Full Navigation Menu. This mode is the best choice for those who want to have hardware Blu-ray Player equivalent Blu-ray viewing experience. It will start with the navigation menus when the source is loaded, and you can use your keyboard or mouse to do some pre-settings, like subtitle, audio track, etc, before actually watching the movie. You can also freely select extras, commercials to see.
Why DVDFab 10 Requires Internet Connection?
1. For supporting new Blu-ray releases. Many new releases need software to be updated in order to get support (so that users can get rid of Blu-ray protections to enjoy/manipulate movie content). DVDFab online server enables users to get advantage of its great supporting power, and spares users the efforts to update the software to new version each time.
2. For better user account protection. If users unluckily get their computer data lost or get their computer system reinstalled, they can still use DVDFab 10 with their DVDFab account, and with no obstacle.
3. For user right protection. This way, we can better protect users’ right under the condition that their registration information never been disclosed.
4. Users are only required to be online when they log on DVDFab and when DVDFab opens the Blu-ray source. Other work can be done with no internet.
How to register DVDFab for Mac?
Please refer to http://www.DVDFab.com/how_to_register.htm
How can I get the navigation menu of the movie being played?
Option 1 > Playback under the Menu Mode by default:
1). Under PC Mode: Go to Settings > Play Mode, then select "Menu Mode";
2). Under TV Mode: Go to Settings > Playback > DVD/Blu-ray Playback Mode, then select "Menu Mode".
Option 2 > Get Blu-ray Menu during the playback process:
1). Right-click any part on the playback screen;
2). Click "Pop Menu" or "Top Menu" from the contextual menu.