FAQ - View by Products
- DVDFab 11
- DVDFab 10
- DVDFab 9
- DVD Copy
- Blu-ray to DVD Converter
- DVD Ripper
- Blu-ray Ripper
- Video Converter
- File Transfer
- Player 6
- Installation and Registration
- Sales and Support
- Upgrade and Renewal
- UHD Drive Tool
- DVDFab Downloader
- DVDFab Toolkit
- Photo Enhancer AI
- Media Recover for DVD
- Media Recover for Blu-ray
- How long will it take to get your support response?
- Do you provide Telephone Support?
- Can I purchase the backup CD of DVDFab as I ordering?
- Why can't I open the key file?
- How can I check if I have registered correctly or not?
- What if I lost my licence code (key file)?
- Can I convert source files to VOB files?
- How to add external subtitles for the converted file?
- Can I just copy movies to hard drive, then burn them to blank media later?
- Can you support conversion between PAL and NTSC?
How long will it take to get your support response?
Generally, we'll reply to you within 48 hours except for weekends or holidays due to the time difference. But in most cases you'll get our response in a few hours. Please do contact us again after 72 hours if you do not get a response from us.
Do you provide Telephone Support?
Sorry, we don't provide Telephone Support, at least for now. You can reach our support team at https://www.dvdfab.cn/contact.htm. Please describe your problem in detail and submit the problem using the contact form or use the Online Chat button to send us instant message, Online Chat is available 9:00 - 18:00 (GMT + 8) 11:00 - 19:00 (JST) 21:00 - 06:00 (EST) , Monday to Friday.
Can I purchase the backup CD of DVDFab as I ordering?
Nope. The backup CD option is not available any longer. You will get your DVDFab products for use by downloading it from DVDFab official website and activating it with the registered DVDFab account info.
Why can't I open the key file?
For DVDFab 8 and previous versions of DVDFab, the key file is associated with DVDFab software installation. If you have not installed DVDFab or the version and key don't match, you can’t open the key directly.
Please right click on the key file and select the "Open with..." option, if DVDFab 8 Qt appears, click on that and click OK, otherwise click Browse and navigate to and select DVDFab.exe in the \Program Files(x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt folder to register.
You can also right click on the key file, choose notepad to open it, then copy and paste to register on the welcome screen of DVDFab.
How can I check if I have registered correctly or not?
On the "License Info" window, you will see your registered email account, Update Expire Time and Status as "Activated".
If you are our Prime Member, you will see "Prime Info" option rather than "License Info" under the Menu list.
What if I lost my licence code (key file)?
New versions of DVDFab since DVDFab 9, no longer use license code or key file for the registration, as it uses online verification method since. All you need to do is to use your DVDFab Member Center account and login password to activate and authorize DVDFab 9/10/11.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it here: https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm?a=reset_pw&t=per
Or simply contact our support team for help.
Can I convert source files to VOB files?
For the time being, DVDFab Video Converter does not support to convert source files to VOB files. We will support that in future versions.
Note: DVDFab DVD Creator converts all kinds of video files into standard DVD format, which is VOB encoded, you may give that a shot.
How to add external subtitles for the converted file?
You can add external subtitle for converted files at the Main Interface of DVDFab, display the drop down list of Subtitle tab and then use the option "Add External Subtitle".
Can I just copy movies to hard drive, then burn them to blank media later?
Yes, you can. Please follow the steps as bellow:
1. Insert the original movie into your DVD drive, after analyze, choose the copy option you want on main screen, click on the folder icon or the iso icon next to the SAVE TO target box to browse a save location on your hard drive.
2. After copy process done, you will get a DVD folder which is in your save location.
3. Then you can use "Clone/Burn" option and choose the DVD folder as the source to burn to the writable disk later.
Can you support conversion between PAL and NTSC?
We don't touch the conversion between PAL and NTSC. If your original DVD is in PAL standard, then the backup DVD is also in PAL standard. The same applies to NTSC.
You can play the backup DVDs on your PC, since PC is PAL or NTSC free, but you may not be able to play them on standalone DVD player if it doesn't support PAL or NTSC format playback.