How to Watch Netflix from Other Countries
Summary: Are you trying to figure out how to watch Netflix from other countries? Check this article out to learn how to stream the Netflix library that is not originally intended for where you live in the first place.
Table of Contents
- 2. How to Watch Netflix from Other Countries?
If you love watching TV shows and movies, you are sure to have a subscription to Netflix. This video streaming service is now available across 190 countries. However, the library of content that Netflix has to offer in your country would be different from others. If you wish to access libraries of Netflix as available in other countries such as the UK or the US, there are certain tricks that you can employ. Here we explore why Netflix content differs from one country to another and how to watch Netflix from other countries, especially from a country where it is not present.
There can be several reasons why you would want to know how to watch Netflix from other countries:
- You live in one of the countries that do not have Netflix available such as China, Syria, Crimea, or North Korea.
- You might be getting Netflix but wish to access its library of content as available in another country.
- You are traveling and are unable to access the Netflix library of contents as streams in your country.
The above reasons are mainly the causes that can lead subscribers to look for ways to access Netflix other than owning an official account.
If you are wondering how to watch Netflix movies, shows, or the best Netflix originals from other countries you probably are a resident in a country such as China, North Korea, Crimea, or Syria. These are the few countries where Netflix is not yet available. In other countries, you would find Netflix but the content would differ. Hence, even if you do have Netflix, you might want to access the library of content that this video streaming service has for other countries.
Often, when you are traveling from one country to another, you would come across restrictions in accessing the content that was showing in your region. Such problems can arise when you have a subscription in another country and are trying to log in using the same credentials in another region. To get around regional restrictions you could resort to VPN access. It is also possible to set up DNS in order to stream Netflix libraries from other countries. The other way is to use a proxy server to watch Netflix content from other countries.
The above points are some ways to watch Netflix from other countries. In the following sections, we explore different ways to access Netflix content that is made available in other countries.
If you want to know how to watch Netflix from other countries one way of doing so is to use VPN access. This helps you to access the library of content on this video streaming service of another country, as you desire. It will help you camouflage your real location and help you showcase a proxy server location of another region.
VPN, short form for virtual private network, helps tunnel internet traffic through another country via intermediary servers. It works by masking your IP address and replaces your real location with another, as per your chosen region. It helps to spoof the current location of users. VPN also helps encrypts all traffic so that others on the web, including ISPs, cannot monitor your online activities.
Once you gain access to a VPN service it is easy to access the Netflix library of the country you choose to be from. It will also work when you are traveling and wish to access the library of your country.
Steps to change country or region on Netflix using VPN are the following:
- Set up an account on Netflix if you do not have one already.
- Download and install a VPN service of your choice; you can look up reviews to find one that is dependable.
- Create an account and login; connect to the VPN server of your choice, of the country you select.
- Visit the Netflix website using VPN which will automatically redirect the domain of the country which showcases the server location that your VPN account.
- Log in to your Netflix account and choose the show or movie you wish to watch.
The VPN method allows you to watch Netflix from different regions. For example, you live in the US, but you are interested in some British shows on Netflix. You could also try the same when you are in Japan and wish to watch the UK or Canadian content on Netflix. Indeed, with this method, you can switch countries and stream videos as per the regional library you wish to watch on Netflix.
Among the different ways on how to watch Netflix from other countries, you can use DNS services to access region-blocked video content. It can work on services such as YouTube as well as Netflix. Of course, Netflix does make it hard to access the catalog of their services in other countries. However, there are certain advantages when you wish to use smart DNS on how to watch Netflix from other countries:
- Smart DNS does not involve routing data through intermediary servers as in the case of VPN.
- Hence it is faster to access the Netflix catalog of other countries.
- If you wish to access high-quality Netflix 4K videos it is better to use DNS than VPN.
- Using DNS limits options since you can only access Netflix content in one or two countries, mainly Canada or the US.
Hence, unless you are in the US and wish to access Canadian Netflix content or vice versa, it is best to opt for a VPN to access such data.
Ways on how to watch Netflix from other countries can include using a proxy server to access such content. When you wish to watch Netflix content of other regions that you cannot access in your present country, one way of doing so is to use a proxy service. It is an alternative to VPN.
In layman terms, a proxy server is a system of computers or routers that functions as a relay between server and client systems. It prevents attackers from invading private networks. It is usually a tool used for building firewalls. Hence, a proxy server helps mask your IP address and can help you when you wish to know how to watch Netflix from other countries.
There are greater limitations when using a proxy service to access the Netflix catalog of other countries. Proxy servers do not encrypt data and hence it is not a secure way to browse. If you wish to ensure online privacy then you need to opt for VPN provider services. Opt for a reputed VPN service that would be more useful when changing regions for accessing Netflix content of other countries.
When you resort to VPN as a way how to watch Netflix from other countries you might wonder whether it is a legal way. In most countries, it is legal to opt for a VPN service in order to access the Netflix catalog in different countries. However, there are certain countries where VPNs are restricted such as China, Iran, and Russia.
In such countries, it is difficult to use a VPN service legally in order to access Netflix library content. Not only Netflix, but you can also use VPN to access content on different international websites in a safe manner. It is safer in many instances when you wish to keep your IP address anonymous.
If you are wondering how to watch Netflix from other countries and resorting to VPN to do the same, remember that Netflix does not make it easy for subscribers to resort to such measures. Hence, when you are looking up ways how to watch Netflix from other countries, not many VPN services will be able to help you get access to Netflix catalogs of other countries. However, even if your VPN access does not work after some time, there is no need to be alarmed since it does not close down accounts of users who use VPN.
When VPN access is identified, however, Netflix does stop streaming on such a platform. Hence, if you are using a VPN service and suddenly come across messages such as you cannot watch any content, it is because your VPN access is being denied. Many might wonder about copyright infringement when they are considering VPN to access Netflix content from other countries. However, you need not worry about that since such agreements are between Netflix and copyright holders which Netflix upholds. For end-users, it is possible to use VPN to watch content if they can do so successfully.
Not only can you know how to watch Netflix from other countries, but you could also watch movies and TV shows offline. In order to download and watch content offline, it is best that you download the Netflix app for PC, Mac, or mobile devices.
Steps to follow in downloading titles on your Netflix app or account are as follows:
- Ensure that you have a valid subscription with which you can access an account on the Netflix app.
- The app usually works for devices such as iOS 9.0 or later on iPod, iPad, or iPhone.
- Android tablets or phones that run Android 4.4.2 or later.
- Windows 10 computer or tablet.
- Amazon Fire with Fire OS 4.0 or later version.
- In order to download and watch movies or shows offline and at any time, tap on a movie or show and look for the Download sign. The downward arrow will indicate that you can download the title.
- Open the app and tap on the Downloads option.
- On Windows 10 devices open the Netflix app and click on Menu.
- Here you can see what you can download, which also depends on the type of device you are accessing your account from.
- Select a movie or show and tap on the Downloads option.
- Usually, settings dictate that you can download using Wi-Fi; however, you can change that to mobile data as well.
In most plans, you can download up to 100 titles per device. The number of devices you can access your account from would depend on the kind of subscription plan you opt for.
Again, not all titles you download will remain available for offline watching for long. In most cases, titles that have less than 7 days of offline viewing will show the status on your Netflix account. Again, once you press play on a title, you need to watch it within 48 hours. Also, some titles which are leaving this platform might not be available for re-download later on.
If you wish to download Netflix videos and gain access to offline, unrestricted playback on any device, you can resort to StreamFab Netflix Downloader. This software can help you access and download videos and movies offline from Netflix to save on your computer hard drives as offline 1080p MP4 files paired with EAC3 5.1, AC3 5.1, or AAC 2.0 audios.
Hence, you are able to watch the downloaded MP4 videos on your computer without having to open the Netflix app, and you can also transfer the downloaded videos to any other device for playback, as the downloads are no longer encrypted.
Steps to download Netflix movies using StreamFab are as follows:
- Download the software on your computer or laptop; there is a free trial version and a paid version available.
- Once the software is downloaded, choose the option called Streaming Services on the left panel.
- When you choose Netflix the platform’s interface opens up.
- Log in using your subscription credentials.
- You can use the top navigation panel to search for movies to download.
- Click on the movie you want to watch to play it; then, there will be popup options to “Add to Queue” or “Download Now”.
- When you click on download, the same happens and you will get a message saying that the download is complete.
That does it! Downloading videos with StreamFab Netflix Downloader is pretty easy.
If you wish to know how to watch Netflix from other countries it is best to use a dependable Netflix VPN service. Indeed, Netflix is available across 190 countries, which ensures that most country residents can have a valid subscription plan in their region. However, Netflix library content does differ from one country to another. Hence, many people do look for ways how to watch Netflix from other countries. In most cases, a reliable VPN service would work. It can help one to access a library of contents of Netflix from other countries. For instance, countries such as the US, Canada, and the UK are known to have a large collection in their Netflix catalogs as compared to other countries.
Another way to access such content is to use a proxy service or a DNS. However, these alternatives are not as successful as in using VPN. Also, VPN usage is legal in most countries and it is a secure way to try and access data from different websites. However, Netflix does fight off VPN access successfully in most cases.
Hence, once you get access to such content, it is best to download them with the Netflix app. Downloaded titles will remain available for a certain period of time on your device. It can help you have content to watch when you are on the go. But if you are considering keeping your downloaded content permanently, you will have to resort to StreamFab Netflix Downloader for that purpose.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline