Can Amazon Prime Subscribers Get Netflix for Free?
Summary: Nothing is better than free. For people who are Amazon subscribers and want to enjoy Hulu content, they may ask “is Netflix free with Amazon Prime?” If you are holding the same question, you can stay with us. This short guide will show you how.
Table of Contents
Netflix and Amazon Prime have become two of the most widely used streaming platforms among contemporary users. However, many people do not know about the subscription details of these streaming platforms and they wonder is Netflix free with Amazon Prime? In this short guide, you will get to know everything about Amazon Prime subscriptions and Netflix subscriptions along with how to get Netflix on Amazon fire so read the guide till the end.
The movies, videos, and television shows and events on both Netflix and Amazon are different so many people want to have both Amazon Prime subscription and Netflix subscription together.
Since Amazon Prime is owned by the company Amazon so if you have an Amazon Prime subscription then you will be able to watch contents that are aired by Amazon and not the content that is shown on Netflix. Many people do not know whether Netflix is free with Amazon Prime or not. You will not get a free Netflix subscription if you get an Amazon Prime subscription. Since Amazon and Netflix are two different companies, you have to subscribe to both of them if you want to watch content on both streaming platforms. Thus the answer to the question “is Netflix free with Amazon Prime” is no, you have to get a separate subscription for both of them.
However, it should be mentioned that as Netflix is compatible with various devices now, for example, Netflix on Kodi, Netflix on Kindle Fire, etc. Therefore, to enjoy Netflix free on Amazon, you can get Netflix on Amazon Fire Stick. In this way, you can watch movies from both Amazon and Netflix.
Amazon Fire Stick is a small USB device that looks a little bigger than a pen drive and it can change any normal television set into a wonderful smart television set where you can watch all types of movies and shows that are broadcasted and aired by Amazon. In 2014, the Fire television set was founded by Amazon that had a set-top box that could receive signals from all types of movie streaming applications like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, etc. However, if you want to get Netflix on your Fire Stick then you will have to get a Netflix subscription along with the Amazon subscription for the Fire Stick. Since the answer to the question “is Netflix free with Amazon Prime” is negative, you need a Netflix subscription to get Netflix on Amazon Prime.
If you want the Premium Netflix subscription then it will cost $17.99 every month if you have the standard subscription then you will be able to watch videos and movies in 1080p and you can also watch the movies and videos on two devices. In the normal subscription, you will be able to watch the videos at 480p resolution. If you subscribe to the Netflix Premium subscription then you will be able to watch all the movies, shows, etc in high definition and 4k picture quality without any commercial ads to disturb you while you are engrossed in the movies. Moreover, you can watch the movies and shows on 4 different devices without any extra costs.
Now after you have a Netflix subscription then you can easily get all the movies and shows on the Netflix application on your Amazon Fire Stick and watch them on any type of device like television sets, computers, laptops, and even on mobile phones that have android versions or iPhones, and tablets. After installing and setting up your Amazon Fire Stick, you can follow these steps to get Netflix on Amazon Fire Stick.
- Open the Fire Stick home page and make sure you have an active internet connection before you proceed any further. If you have a faulty internet connection then you can face problems while downloading Netflix on your Fire Stick.
- The Netflix application is readily available on the Amazon store so you will not have to search it from the Internet.
- Go to the search bar on the top right corner of your Amazon Prime home page. In some cases, it may be hidden in the menus. You can also use voice search.
- Type Netflix on the search bar and you will be able to see the Netflix application on the search screen. Select only the first Netflix option as the other options are for special installations.
- After you click on the first Netflix search results, you will be redirected to the home page of Netflix. You will be able to see a download button on that page to download Netflix on your Fire Stick.
- You will see the Netflix app is being downloaded in the Downloads bar and it takes some time for the download to be completed depending on your internet connection.
- After the Netflix application has been downloaded, open it and then click on the Login option if you already have an active Netflix subscription.
- If you do not have a Netflix subscription then you will have to get one and after that, you will have the Amazon Fire Stick Netflix.
One of the best features of Amazon Fire TV is that you can get Netflix on Amazon Fire TV easily and watch all the movies on Netflix on your Amazon TV without having to buy any other pieces of equipment like set-top boxes or routers. So before you can stream content from Netflix, you need to set up your Amazon Fire TV and then install Netflix. In the next few steps, you will learn how to set up Amazon Fire and then add Netflix to stream content from both the streaming platforms.
- Make sure you have an active Amazon subscription and a good internet connection. You will also need batteries for your Fire TV remote.
- You have to start by plugging the power cord or adapter into the outlet of your Fire TV and the other end should be connected to a power source.
- Then you have to switch on the TV and set up the HDMI port of the TV. Every smart TV has an HDMI port and you have to insert the Fire TV USB stick in the HDMI port of the TV. If you do not have the needed port, then you can buy converter extensions that have HDMI at one end and the TV’s port at the other end.
- After that, you have to turn the TV channel to the same channel that is connected with the Fire TV port. So if you have used the HDMI 1 channel then you have to turn the TV channel to HDMI 1.
- If you have selected the correct channel then you will see a Fire TV logo on the TV screen. If you do not see the logos on the screen then try changing the channels on the TV.
- In the next step, you have to install the Fire remote and connect it with the TV. In some remotes, the connection is automatic and happens when you insert the batteries in the remote. If you have inserted the batteries and still the remote is not connected to the TV then you have to manually add it using the Home button.
- Connect the TV with the internet and then you will see some instructions on the screen to connect your Amazon account with Fire TV.
- After that, you just have to select Netflix from the Amazon store and install it on the TV. Now you have Netflix on your TV and can watch all the Netflix movies easily on your Fire TV.
If you face lots of internet problems where you stay then you can download the movies on Netflix and then watch them in the offline mode. You can follow these steps to download Netflix movies to watch offline:
- Open the Netflix app and enter the name of the movie or TV show.
- Some movies are not available for download. If there is a download sign beside the name of the movie then it means you can download it.
- Click on the download sign and wait for the movie to be downloaded on your device.
- Now the movie is present on your mobile device or computer and you can watch it in offline mode.
4.2 Download Netflix movies offline through a third-party app
The above method is not available if you want to save Netflix movies on your personal computer. When that need comes, you may need a third-party app to help you with it. StreamFab Netflix downloader is highly recommended. Designed with many powerful features, this Netflix downloader can help you download Netflix videos in 1080p quality from various regions and save them in MP4 format as well as downloading subtitles and metadata info. To see how to download Netflix videos, please check out the below steps.
Step 1: Install this Netflix Downloader on your computer. And double click it to startup this software.
Step 2: Go for the Streaming Service section on the left panel and select the Netflix card.
Step 3: Sign in to the Netflix official website and search for a video you want to keep on your own computer.
Step 4: Play this video. While it is being played, a window pops up from which you can see a Download button. Click it to start the downloading process.
So even though many people will be disappointed knowing that the answer to “is Netflix free with Amazon Prime” is no, there is nothing to worry about as you can easily get a Netflix subscription for low costs. Moreover, you can get Netflix on Amazon Fire easily by following the steps mentioned in the guide. So install Netflix on your Fire TV and then watch all types of exclusive movies and shows.