Steps to Install Netflix on Kodi 2021 | PC & Mobile
Summary: Do you want a Kodi Netflix add-on to watch Netflix on Kodi device? Check this article out to see how to install Netflix Kodi add-on to your Kodi device.
Table of Contents
- 7. Download Netflix on-demand videos to watch offline
Kodi is an open-source media player software available for a varied number of operating systems and hardware platforms. It has an abundant number of add-ons which are apps/tools/services that advance its prowess over others. One such most-wanted add-on is Netflix but unfortunately, there’s no Netflix on Kodi officially. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have it anyways. There are workarounds that you can use to get Netflix on Kodi and that is why this guide will let you know everything you need to know about it. From downloading the add-on to installing and using Netflix on Kodi, this guide has it all.
Kodi is one of the largest media player software spread across Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and other operating system and hardware platforms. Kodi offers a ton of add-ons be it audio, video, context menu, services, subtitles, and so on. You will get many app add-ons on Kodi but not Netflix. There’s no Netflix add-on for Kodi yet.
This means it is not officially added but you can still use workarounds such as Netflix repositories to get it on board. Here’s everything you need to know about getting Netflix for Kodi as an add-on, how you can install it, how you can watch Netflix on Kodi, and so on. Also, we have a guide on how to watch Netflix offline by downloading the videos.
Apparently, Kodi supports a lot of platforms, channels, and services but not Netflix. This means you can’t run Netflix on Kodi media player on your Windows PC/laptop or Android phone, phablet, tablet, or Smart TV. But with Kodi 18 Leia, you can use a workaround to install Netflix for Kodi as an addon using this easy-to-understand and follow instructions.
Step 1: Install a VPN
Before we can proceed, it is crucial to have VPN installed on the Windows desktop/laptop on which we are installed Kodi and Netflix addon. VPN or Virtual Private Netflix lets you access the Netflix catalog of shows and movies from other regions and not specific to your region. For example, the show “Silicon Valley” is available on Netflix U.S. but may not be available on Netflix UK.
Using a VPN lets users mask their real IP and use a US-specific IP to access (if you are from the UK) to access the content. If that’s not enough, VPN uses AES encryption and other security measures such as a no-logging policy so the traffic is not traceable. Also, Netflix already has VPN blocks placed which means not all VPNs can actually break it apart for usage.
Thus, you need a VPN that is reputed, can penetrate from Netflix VPN blocks, and has abundant security measures among others. You can check out ExpressVPN or NordVPN among others which are the best of the best VPNs out there. Install it on your computer using the same downloading the file and installing it on your computer method.
Step 2: Install Kodi on your computer
If you have Kodi 17 installed with the Allec Netflix repository, don’t gamble with uninstalling it. If you are new to Kodi or if you want to get Netflix on Kodi 18 Leia r Kodi 19 Matrix, here are the instructions to follow which are almost alike.
- Go to the website www.kodi.tv.
- Tap on the hamburger menu on the top-left corner to swipe in the menu, tap on “Download”.
- Under “Choose your Weapon”, choose either Windows or macOS since these instructions are almost identical on macOS as well.
- You need to download Kodi 18 or Kodi 19 from the “Recommended” or “Pre-Release” section.
- Simply install the download file and you are good to now.
Note: If you already have Kodi 17, you can simply update it to Kodi 18. Also, if you can’t find Kodi 18 or 19, you will have to search for the installation files on the internet to get started.
Step 3: Download Netflix Addon Repository file
Next up, you need to download Kodi Netflix Addon. Since it isn’t available officially, you will have to download the Netflix Addon for Kodi and install it. If you are using Kodi 18 Leia, tap here to download Asciidisco or Castagnait. For Kodi 19 Matrix, tap here to download the Castagnait repository. Note that these files are in zip format that you will have to install in the next section.
Step 4: Install Netflix for Kodi Addon
Assuming that you have already installed Kodi on Windows/macOS and downloaded the Kodi Netflix Addon, here’s how you can install it on Kodi to enjoy Netflix without any hassle.
- Launch Kodi on your computer.
- Tap on the cog icon on the navigation pane located on the left side of the screen and that will take you to the Settings.
- Next up, select “Add-ons”.
- On the next screen, select “Install from zip file” from the menu.
- You have already downloaded the Netflix Addon for Kodi. On the next screen, you need to search for the said zip and tap on “OK”.
- From the Add-Ons menu, you need to tap on “Install from repository” which will show you all the repositories installed on Kodi. Select the one you just installed in the previous step.
- Next up, select “Video Add-ons” and then, select “Netflix”.
- The next window will have a Netflix logo, screenshots, and some details about the repository. Tap on the “Install” button.
- You will get a prompt if there are any dependencies that you need to install so that Netflix Addon can be installed probably. One such dependency is “InputStream Helper” and most of the users will likely get this dependency only while installing Netflix. Select it and tap on “OK”.
- Retreat to the home screen and check if Netflix is now added under Video Add-ons sections or not. If yes, you were successful. In case it doesn’t show up, check where you went wrong in any of the previous steps.
Step 5: Setup Netflix Account on Kodi
Now you have successfully installed Netflix on Kodi but you still need a Netflix account to use it. Here’s how you can do it.
- When you launch Netflix, you will get a prompt to install “InputStream Adaptive” so confirm by hitting the “Yes” button.
- Next up, you will get a prompt to log in using E-Mail/Password or Authentication Key so select appropriately.
- Users with Netflix accounts can simply use their Email address and Password to log in and there you have it.
After logging in successfully, you will be able to use Netflix on Kodi without any hassle. Follow the “How To Use Netflix on Kodi” section to know how you use it.
Here’s easy to follow guide on how to install Kodi Netflix Addon on Android to follow it closely for smartphones, phablet, tablet, or Smart TVs running on Android OS.
- Download the Kodi media player app from the Google Play Store.
- Next up, tap here to download the allec repository to install Netflix on Kodi.
- Tap on the Package Installer icon located on the top-left corner of the screen and select “Install from zip file”.
- Search for allec repository that you just downloaded from the storage and select it and proceed.
- Next up, go to Add-Ons, select “Install from repository'' >> search for alec Kodi repo >> Select “Video Add-Ons” and finally, double-tap on NetfliXBMC, and that will automatically install the Netflix Kodi addon.
- Use your Netflix credentials to log in and it is done.
Note that the process to install Netflix on Kodi for Amazon Fire TV is almost the same as the one with Android so do follow it.
Note that in case of the login attempt using the Email address and password fails, they can use the Authentication Key method. For this to work, you need a small addon that you can download here and run it. After running it, the addon will launch a web browser where you can log in to Netflix and it will capture an authentication key in a file that you can use on the “Authentication Key” method as listed on the “Login” prompt.
Another potential error that users could get is the “Addon Signals Call Timeout” and here’s how you can deal with it.
- Launch the Kodi app and go to Netflix Add-On Settings via Add-Ons >> My Addons >> Video Add-ons >> Netflix.
- Now, you need to tap on “Configure” from the available options.
- Next up, tap on “Expert” from the navigation pane on the left and toggle on “Enable IPC over HTTP”.
- Now, tap on “OK” on the top left and the “Addon Signals Call Timeout” error must be gone for sure.
Well, this is fairly simple and universal irrespective if you are using Kodi with Netflix add-on on Android or Windows or macOS, or other platforms. Once you are logged in, select your profile or create one if you are a new user. Creating or selecting an existing profile ensures that Netflix recommends content based on your viewing experience, likes, and dislikes, you can create multiple profiles on Netflix for others to watch without causing the recommendations to go haywire. You will need a Widevine CDM Add-on to watch 1080p and 4K videos on Netflix so do install it as well.
Netflix is pretty extensive in terms of its catalog as you literally get to see hundreds of movies and TV shows just when you sign up for it and you can search more. Plus, Netflix uses geo-blocks to prevent some shows and movies from Netflix US to arrive on Netflix UK. This happens across all the regions on Netflix since some countries have better TV shows while some have better movies and so.
As you will be using VPN here, this lets you bypass the geo-blocks as you can mask your IP address to access Netflix US while being on the other side of the world. To put things into perspective, Netflix has more than 3,579 movies and 1,836 shows as of February 2021. The number keeps growing exponentially so much that you can literally watch an entire season of a TV show and a movie every day and still have years worth of content to watch.
Now there are many ways you can download Netflix movies and on-demand videos to watch offline. The first is to simply download it offline on the app which isn't available locally. You can access it via the Netflix app and that’s it.
- Firstly, open the Netflix app and search for the TV show/episode or movie you want to download.
- You will see a Downloads icon just under the video you open so tap it and there you go.
- Proceed to “See What You Can Download”, “Find Something to Download”, “Find More to Download” or “Available for Download” to check what videos you can download and which you can’t.
- Now that you have downloaded it, simply go to the Downloads section and play the enlisted videos for offline viewing.
On the other hand, you can use Netflix downloader programs such as DVDFab Netflix Downloader that lets you download whichever videos you want. Here, you can actually transfer or send these locally downloaded videos on other devices for offline viewing without depending on the Netflix app.
- Step 1: Download and install this Netflix downloader, using the Download button below.
- Step 2: Startup the software, click the Streaming Services tab from the left pane.
- Step 3: Open Netflix website and log into your Netflix account.
- Step 4: Play the movie or TV episode you want to download.
- Step 5: Click the Download Now button on the following popup window
And there you have it. This guide contains everything you need to know about Adding Kodi Netflix Addon, how to add it and what you can watch on it, and so on. Netflix on Kodi is still an unofficial add-on but it works pretty much the same as a usual add-on would unless there are some changes in the support. Hope this gives you clarity on what is Netflix addon on Kodi, how it works, and all other related information that you have been looking for.
With regards to downloading Netflix videos for offline watching, if you cannot bear with the limits comes with the official download method through the Netflix app, then you should definitely choose the 3rd-party Netflix video downloader software mentioned in this article.
- Is Netflix officially available on Kodi?
Unfortunately, there’s no official Netflix addon on Kodi available at the moment. This guide gives you instructions on how to install Netflix addon via repository on the Kodi player. Kodi might add the support later since it already has an extensive catalog of video addons so Netflix could arrive soon. Take it with a pinch of salt.
- Do I need to be a Netflix subscriber to use the Netflix Kodi add-on? Can I get access to all the Netflix streaming catalog on Kodi?
Netflix isn’t free unless you are using a free trial or the free section of TV shows and movies it offers as a trial to customers. To use Netflix on Kodi, you need both a Netflix subscription as well as you must be a Kodi user that will allow you to use both the services without any glitch.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers and Offline