Netflix App for PC | How to Download and Watch
Summary: To get the best experience of Netflix entertainment on PCs running Windows operating system, you must have the right Netflix app for PCs. Check this article out to see how to get the right Netflix app for Windows of your installed version.
Table of Contents
Netflix needs no introduction. Anyone who likes to watch original web series or movies or wants to catch up on famous TV series wants a Netflix subscription. It’s not for nothing that people can relate to Netflix & Chill. It has a plethora of options to entertain enthusiasts of every genre. And it helps that Netflix is available for all major platforms including smart TVs that come with the Netflix app integrated.
To get the best experience of Netflix entertainment, you must have the right Netflix app for Windows installed on your Microsoft devices. Only when you have the right Netflix app downloaded on your PC, will you be able to download and watch series or movies later. To help you with the selection of the right Netflix app for Windows devices, we will go through the list of official and unofficial Netflix apps and compare their subscriptions.
Netflix app for Windows 10 is available in the Microsoft Store. You can download it from there if you don’t have it already installed. Open the app and use your credentials to log in to your Netflix account. Next, you can start to enjoy your cozy time watching whatever you would like to watch there. In case you have difficulty in picking out what to watch, check our list of Most Anticipated Upcoming Netflix Originals 2021.
Tablets are an optimum medium to watch Netflix shows. They have bigger screens than smartphones but are more portable than a television. Netflix app for Windows 10 Surface tablets can be downloaded from the Windows 10 Store just like you did for your Windows 10 laptop.
- Get the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store.
- Log in with your credentials
- From the main menu, click on Available for Download
- Click on the Download button available on titles that are available for download.
- You can also set the quality to download from the Menu > Downloads section.
Tablets have limited space compared to what you might have on your laptop. So make sure that you are downloading the file on your SD card rather than the tablet’s internal memory.
While the Netflix app for Windows 10 can be used to play Netflix shows on your laptop or a Surface tablet, using it on a TV with no Netflix app requires some workaround. One of the workarounds involves setting up your Windows Media Center if you have Windows Vista Home Premium or Ultimate. With this, you can watch Netflix on any screen which can be connected to Windows Media Center.
To do this:
- Open Windows Media Center and look for the Netflix icon.
- If you don’t see the Netflix icon in Windows Media Center, go to Tasks > Settings > General > Automatic Download Options > Download Now to get the Netflix WMC installation package. Restart the application after this.
- Click on the Netflix icon, click on Install, select the Open Website button and click on Run to start Netflix installer on Windows Media Center
- On the next screen, click on Install Now to start the installation
- To run Netflix, another Windows application called Microsoft Silverlight is required. You will get a prompt to “Install Microsoft Silverlight”. Click on Install Now to install it.
- Click on the Next button when prompted in the “Enable Microsoft Update” screen.
- Click on the Finish button on the next screen to restart Windows Media Center. On reopening, you will be able to see the Netflix logic screen. Enter your credentials to log in and start playing your favorite titles.
If you don’t want to use a Netflix app for Windows 10 or for that matter any Windows Netflix app, you can choose to use your browser to Netflix and chill.
To do this:
- Open any browser of your choice and enter the URL https://www.netflix.com/ in your browser address bar and press enter.
- You will see a login button on the top right corner of the page. Click on it and enter your registered email ID and password if you already have an account. Otherwise, use the Sign up now button appearing on the login screen to sign up for an account.
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to see the latest and recommended tiles on the home screen. You will also see different Categories which you can use to filter the genre or latest release.
- When you find your show, click on the tile. If it is a series, choose any season and then click on any one of the individual episodes to start watching.
Once you have logged in, open the Menu section, and select the “Available for Download” option.
Since not everything is available for download, this option shows you the series, movies, or documentaries you can download using this Netflix for Windows 10 app. This will show you your recommended shows as well the categories in case you need to navigate.
Once you can see the tile of your favorite show, hover the mouse icon over it to see the small download button. Click on the button to start the download. A progress bar will show at the bottom displaying the progress of the download. You can download complete seasons or an individual season using this feature.
Netflix app for Windows 10 allows you to download shows in both Standard and HD quality. You can choose your preferred quality in the settings menu of the Netflix Windows app. Standard quality will consume fewer data and download faster but if you plan to see the downloaded show on a high-resolution display, you can opt for the high-quality download.
The downloaded files can be played only through the Netflix app for Windows. To play these files, open the Menu section, select My Downloads and click on the titles to play the files.
Do note that you will need to watch the show within 1 month of downloading it. After 1 month it won’t be available even if you have your subscription renewed. Also, there is a limit (sometimes) on how many times you can download a show within 1 billing cycle.
There are some movies and series that you can binge-watch on. TV series like Friends, Suits are watched over and over again by their die-hard fans. While Netflix has these series on their platform, it makes little sense to keep streaming them every time you watch. Not only it eats into your data usage but you contribute to increasing global warming.
A better option is to keep such a series downloaded. While you can do so with the Netflix app for PC, it limits the platforms you can play your favorite movie or TV series on and it is available for only a month. With StreamFab Netflix Downloader, you can permanently download your favorite shows and watch them on any medium you want. The files downloaded with StreamFab Netflix downloader can be saved in MP4 format with the same resolution quality that you watch online. It supports saving your Netflix shows in quality as high as 1080 pixels.
Metadata download: Another great thing about this Netflix app for Windows and Mac is that it not only downloads the media file but also captures all the metadata like genre, movie name, plot, etc. While the download is going on, you can render the subtitles within the video.
Batch download: If you select a TV series to download, StreamFab Netflix downloader gathers all the information about the episodes and seasons. It will start to batch download of all the files if you want so you can enjoy binge-watching your TV series whenever you want.
Download everything playing on the screen: You don’t need to select individual movies or series. You can set StreamFab Netflix downloader to download all that is playing on-screen in StreamFab Netflix downloader. It doesn’t matter what is the video, audio or subtitle format if you are playing anything on Netflix in the StreamFab Netflix downloader browser and want that to be stored as well, StreamFab Netflix downloader does the trick for you.
Share movies and shows easily: While you can share your Netflix credentials with your friends and share the cost of a Netflix subscription. But soon enough Netflix plans to prevent this misuse and prevent sharing. When that happens, having the content in MP4 format will help you easily share Netflix originals and movies with anyone you want.
Netflix is the first choice for a majority of online entertainment streamers. Its competitors like Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO Max lag behind Netflix by a good margin. It is a no-brainer why you should have a Netflix app for Windows 10 on your laptop and tablet. But streaming is not always possible neither it is good for the environment. StreamFab Netflix downloader is a great option that saves your time, energy, money, and environment in one application.
With its faster download speeds, ability to download audio, video, subtitles, and metadata, it offers a great opportunity to create your digital collection of the best movies, TV series, and documentaries. So wait no more, download StreamFab Netflix Downloader and start creating your offline library of your favorite multimedia content that can be played anywhere, anytime, and on any platform.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline