Netflix Audio Out of Sync? Here's How to Fix It
Summary: Have you ever run into the Netflix audio out of sync problem? Check this article to see how to fix that, and also the reasons why this issue may happen so that you can avoid it next time.
Table of Contents
- 2. How to Fix Netflix Audio Out of Sync Error?
- 4. Can You Download Netflix Movies?
It's not about the streaming service you're using - some errors are pretty much going to happen, regardless. Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services in America, and it is also available in different countries. Practically, Netflix is available in 190+ countries globally. The streaming service has a lot to offer and offers a variety of subscription packages.
There are many ways to access Netflix. More so, the app can be downloaded on virtually all devices we used every day, including smart TVs, TV boxes, smartphones, gaming consoles, and streaming devices. You’d find Netflix being compared with a lot of other similar services, and in most cases, it wins the comparison.
Undoubtedly, Netflix stands out among the various streaming services used globally. However, one common issue has been reported by most Netflix users, and it's the Netflix audio out-of-sync error. This article explains the causes of this error and how users can stop it from occurring.
There are a couple of things that could cause this error to occur. When you don't use the right settings for your Netflix account or probably your TV got settings like Match Frame Rate, when such settings are not properly configured, you stand chances of facing this error.
Okay, going out of settings configurations, if your device (mobile phone, smart TV, or streaming device) is running an old OS version, that could be the reason behind this Netflix error. Another possible cause is a poor internet connection and cache data interference.
Well, whatever could have caused the error to occur, here are some tips on how workaround this error message.
These fixes should work irrespective of your device. However, after trying out these methods and none works for you, reach out to Netflix customer support.
One of the first troubleshooting tricks to carry out when an app starts malfunctioning is clearing the app's cache data and restarting your device. However, if you're having an issue with the Netflix app on your smart TV, simply turn off the TV and power it back on to see if the issue is solved.
In contrast, if the issue is occurring on your mobile device, go to your device Settings > Apps > Netflix > Storage and tap on the "Clear Cache" option. After you have cleared the cache data, restart your phone and launch the app again.
Actually, your internet connection status may not have a direct impact to stop you from hearing audio while playing Netflix movies. However, whenever you encounter an issue streaming online, one of the first things to check is your network.
To stream seamlessly on any platform, you need a strong, stable network with minimal latency. After you have checked your network and it seems good, then you can proceed to the actual troubleshooting trick that could fix Netflix audio out of sync error.
Since the issue is related to sound and audio, changing the audio settings can help to set things right. Mostly, this error can be fixed by adjusting the HD or Stereo sound settings. Irrespective of your device, these steps will help you to fix the error, possibly.
- Step 1: On the Netflix homepage, search and play any English TV show or movie.
- Step 2: When the movie starts playing, go to the Settings page and select Audio and Subtitles.
- Step 3: Under the Audio tab, choose English or English Stereo. Just don’t select the English 5.1 option.
Not all devices and TVs can play 5.1 audio; hence, setting it to English 5.1 can cause the audio not to play while your video is playing. However, if the issue persists after choosing this audio quality, trying reducing it to 2.0 audio, which is commonly supported by all devices. Hopefully, this would help to fix the error message.
Yeah, many of us love clarity and details - you may prefer streaming Netflix on HD quality (especially if you have access to unlimited data); however, this can cause the Netflix audio out sync error to occur. To checkmate this error, follow the guide below:
- Step 1: Open Netflix and go to your profile Account section.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Profile and Parental Control section and open Playback Settings.
- Step 3: Select the radio button of Medium
- Step 4: Save the changes and exit.
Close the Netflix app and open it again, then check if the error has been fixed. If it's not still fixed, try adjusting your device's screen resolution to 720 DPI.
The steps here would differ because there are many ways to access the Settings page on different TVs. So, what you need to do is to find out how you can get into the settings page of your TV and then change the audio settings; for Samsung TVs, you may need to enable lip-sync and disable Dolby audio (if supported).
Regardless, whatever TV you’re using, simply find the audio settings page and ensure that Dolby audio is not selected or “Match Frame Rate” (for mostly apple TVs.
Just as your TV audio settings can affect Netflix movies' sound, your streaming device could do that too. Whether you're streaming on Roku, Fire Stick, or any other streaming device, ensure to select an audio quality that does not have to do with HD, Dolby Digital, or 5.1.
For Roku devices, select PCM-Stereo from the Audio Settings page, and also turn off “Volume Mode” in Sound Settings.
Here are the general tips for fixing this error message on various devices.
- For Apple devices (iPhone and iPad), make sure that your device runs the latest iOS version.
- On gaming consoles (ex. PS4), turn off the console and unplug the power cable at the back; wait for about 2 minutes, connect the cable back and restart the console.
- If this error is occurring on a Windows computer, run Windows Update to update your PC's firmware and other important components (drivers).
- When you've tried all these tricks and the error persists, check the various information on the Netflix help page.
Just as everyone now knows that it is possible to download movies from YouTube, it is also possible to download Netflix movies TV shows. However, there are several software tools out there that claim to be the best for downloading Netflix content, including the best Netflix originals, but in real terms, they are not as good as they appear. The StreamFab Netflix Downloader remains the top best software solution for grabbing video content from Netflix. Interestingly, from the Home screen, you can access other premium network downloaders, and the software is generally intuitive to use.
This software app works best for downloading content from the Netflix platform. It runs smoothly on macOS and Windows Computers, as well as supports a bunch of handy features.
- The StreamFab Netflix Downloader supports EAC 5.1 audio and H.264/H.265 (Full HD) video quality.
- It is an advanced solution with the capability to download multiple movies at a go. This makes it possible for you to download an entire season with the app.
- Interestingly, StreamFab Netflix Downloader supports Fast Speed mode, which makes it possible to download a whole movie in a matter of minutes.
- The movies are will be saved in MP4 quality, so you can play them anywhere using your favorite media player (hardware and software).
The first thing to do is to install the application on your MacBook or Windows Computer. After that, launch it and follow the steps below.
- Step 1: When you launch the software, click on “Streaming Services” on the left pane. This will open a new screen with several premium streaming services cards. Click on the Netflix card and sign in to your account.
- Step 2: When you successfully log into your account, look out for the movie you want to download and click on the play button. When the video starts playing, you’d receive a prompt, select “Download Now” to save the movie on your PC.
- Step 3: After the first movie starts and you want to download more, simply search for the videos and click the play them - when the download prompt comes on, select “Add to queue” and the movies will join the download list.
The main features of StreamFab Netflix Downloader are explained below.
- Pre-Select Audio and Subtitles: This feature allows you to pre-select the subtitle of movies with multiple subtitles.
- 1080p Quality and EAC3 5.1 Audio: Interestingly, StreamFab Netflix Downloader downloads Netflix movies in stunning FHD quality and cinematic sound quality. The movies or TV shows would also be saved as MP4, so you will enjoy seamless home entertainment.
- Downloads All Regional Versions: Netflix is available in many regions and this software supports all of those regions. Thus, regardless of your location, the StreamFab Netflix Downloader would work for you.
- Saves Subtitles and Metadata: Movies' metadata are quite important - the same applies to subtitles. This software downloads Netflix movies subtitles and metadata into your movies.
- Batch Mode and Fast Speed: Take advantage of this feature to download multiple movies at a go at stunning fast speed.
The audio out of sync Netflix error can be fixed by changing your device’s audio settings. There are different ways to do this on different devices or TVs; however, this article tries to cover the steps for different devices. For downloading Netflix movies, use the StreamFab Netflix Downloader; it is fast, reliable, and efficient for your Netflix download needs.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline