How to Download Netflix Movies to SD Card
Summary: Do you know how to download Netflix movies to SD card of your mobile devices? If you don’t, you need to check this article. It explains in detail you can download Netflix videos to your own SD Card, instead of the phone internal storage, so that you can download more videos as you want.
Table of Contents
Netflix is one of the most popular entertainment streaming services and has a wide range of TV shows, movies, documentaries, as well as exclusive content for its subscribers. Moreover, the best part about Netflix is that you can also download your favorite TV show episodes and movies for offline viewing!
Netflix recently allowed its users to download their favorite Netflix content on their phone’s SD card, which really came as a surprise to many. With this feature, Netflix subscribers will no longer have restrictions on storage. Therefore, this is for all those Netflix subscribers who feared running out of storage space on their phones.
This article is going to focus on talking in detail on how to download Netflix on an SD card, how to download Netflix to SD card with the app of the mobile devices, the pros and cons of downloading Netflix content through its app, and how to fix issues related to the SD card.
Moreover, we are also going to introduce an impressive software, which will allow you to easily download Netflix videos for offline viewing, without any cons!
There are times when you feel like watching movies and TV shows, especially when you’re on a plane, in a remote area, on the beach, or wherever you won’t find a good internet connection. Netflix now allows its valuable subscribers to download their all-time favorite Netflix movies, TV shows, and series for offline viewing.
With this offline viewing feature, you can now watch all your desired Netflix content even when you don’t have an active internet connection, or when you’re on the go! Just download your desired episodes and movies, and watch them later while you relax while traveling, or even if you’re at your own home.
You can download Netflix movies on the following devices:
- Apple iPhones, iPad, and iPod touch, having iOS software of 9.0 or later
- Android smartphones or tablets having Android software 4.4.2 or later
- Amazon Fire tablet having Fire OS 4.0 or later
- Windows 10 tablet or computer having Version 1607 (Anniversary Update) or later
- Selective Chromebook and Chromebox models
The best part of being able to download Netflix videos on your phone’s SD card is that you never have to worry any longer about your phone running out of space. You just need to pop in your SD card, and you won’t have to worry about your phone’s memory anymore.
However, you can only store your downloaded Netflix TV shows, episodes, and movies to an SD card on your Android or Amazon Fire device only.
First, let's take a look at how to download Netflix videos through its official app:
- Open the official Netflix app on your phone, and then click on the Downloads tab. Click on 'Find Something to Download', and make sure that ‘Smart Downloads’ is enabled, that way, you will only see those specific Netflix TV shows and movies that you can download.
- Choose any Netflix TV show, episodes, or movies you want to download for offline viewing, and just click on the downward-facing arrow symbol next to it.
Your desired Netflix content will now easily download for offline viewing, and you can view all your downloads in your Library.
In order to store your Netflix downloaded content on your phone’s SD card, you only need to:
- Open up the Netflix app on your phone, and go to your Profile.
- Click on ‘App Settings’.
- Below ‘Downloads’, you will find ‘Download Location’. Click on that.
- Now, select wherever you would want your stored downloads to be located.
The best thing about Android devices is that you can easily download all your favorite Netflix content onto an external SD card instead of the internal memory. Because mobile devices are only limited to a specific volume of internal memory, SD cards will save up your phone's memory and you won’t have to worry about the memory running low again.
Wondering how to download Netflix movies to an SD card? In order to download Netflix to SD card with Netflix app on your mobile device, you only need to:
- Launch the Netflix app on your mobile phone
- Head over to ‘More’, and go to ‘App Settings’
- Go to the ‘Downloads’ section, and click on ‘Download Location’
- Select ‘SD Card’ from the list that will appear in front of you
Finally, Netflix will now be saved to your phone’s SD card.
But, it is important to remember that all of the downloaded Netflix content will not be stored forever. Every movie or TV show on Netflix will contain specific rights that will only allow you to keep them downloaded for a specific period of time. For instance, some movies will allow you to watch them offline for only 48 hours from when you started watching them. However, some movies also allow for 7 days.
Netflix is one of the most popular entertaining streaming services to date. Not only has it provided its valuable subscribers with the best Netflix originals, movies, TV shows, series, and exclusive content, but also allows them to download their desired Netflix content for offline viewing.
This feature allows users to watch their favorite Netflix videos when they’re on the go, traveling, in a remote area, or anywhere where they don’t have a strong and stable internet connection.
However, there are numerous pros and cons when downloading Netflix videos from the Netflix app. Let's first take a look at the pros:
- You have access to countless best-rated and award-winning movies, TV shows, series, documentaries, as well as Netflix exclusive content.
- The app is convenient and easy to use, as you only need to select the desired Netflix content you want to download and then click on the download icon.
- The downloaded content is easily available in the Library and can be accessed anytime.
- Netflix subscription is comparatively cheap which is $10 each month, including a free month trial.
- The Netflix app is available for download on various platforms, including Apple iOS devices, Android devices, tablets, Playstation, Xbox One, and much more. Thus, you can easily download your desired Netflix content on these supported devices.
- There are no ads
We’ve talked about the pros, now let’s head over to the cons of downloading with the Netflix app.
- Not all Netflix content is available for download. There will only be a certain number of specific movies, TV shows, and videos allowed for download.
- The downloaded content will not be downloaded forever. There is a specific set of time periods that each movie or TV show will be downloaded for.
- A lot of Netflix content is not available in several regions.
Netflix streaming services come with DRM protection which allows its users to download Netflix videos only from the original app itself. Therefore, this means that you will not be able to watch this downloaded Netflix content from any other third-party media player.
Let us introduce - StreamFab Netflix Downloader. With the help of this best software, you can easily download any of your favorite Netflix TV shows, series, or movies for offline viewing in 1080p. You never have to care about having an internet connection after downloading. Moreover, you also won’t have to worry about the restricted time period that the download will be available.
You only have to follow these simple 4-steps to enjoy the endless benefits of StreamFab Netflix Downloader:
- Select the StreamFab Netflix Downloader, and then double click on StreamFab.
- Click on the Streaming Services option that you can find in the left column.
- Choose any Netflix show or movie you want to watch, and then click on play.
- Click on the Download Now button on the next pop-up window to start the download.
That’s it! Let's talk about the endless benefits you’ll enjoy with StreamFab Netflix Downloader:
- Most Netflix videos are not compatible with most devices. However, with StreamFab Netflix Downloader, all of your favorite Netflix videos will be downloaded and saved as MP4 files.
- The highest quality of Netflix content will be downloaded with StreamFab Netflix Downloader, which is up to 1080P and EAC3 5.1 audio tracks.
- There are various languages and subtitles available, which you can choose depending upon your choice requirements. Moreover, you can also pre-select the subtitles according to the UI language you have set through StreamFab Netflix Downloader.
- You can save all your downloaded Netflix content subtitles as an SRT file, or even remux them within your desired videos.
- Use StreamFab Netflix Downloader’s Batch Mode feature, through which you can easily download numerous sets of episodes all at once. This is going to save you a lot of time and energy.
- With the Fast Mode feature, StreamFab Netflix Downloader will only take 20 minutes for your favorite Netflix show or movie to download.
- Along with your desired Netflix content, all the metadata will also be downloaded. This will include the movie title, cast, season, episode titles, and cover of all your favorite Netflix movies and TV shows. This will help you manage and organize your media library easily.
Is Netflix not downloading on your SD card? Worry not; we have some tips for you to follow to fix this issue:
1) Insert the SD card again
Reinsert your SD card into your phone again. Go to Storage of your phone, and then tap on Eject. Depending on your device, remove the SD card tray or back cover, and then remove the SD card and reinsert it. Turn your phone on again, and relaunch the Netflix app.
2) Replace the current SD card with a new one
Chances are that the current SD card on your phone might have formatting or other issues which is why Netflix won’t download on it. Therefore, purchase a new one and replace the old one.
3) Uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app
There might be an issue with the Netflix app itself, thus, deleting it and reinstalling it might fix the issue.
4) Update the Netflix app
Make sure the Netflix app is updated with the latest version. You might have the older version, which might not be allowing you to download.
That’s all for this article. Let’s have an overview of what we discussed throughout this article. We talked about Netflix on SD card, how to download all your favorite Netflix content on an SD card, and the pros and cons of using the Netflix official app to download Netflix content.
Moreover, we also introduced an outstanding and incomparable software that will allow you to download all your desired Netflix shows, series, movies, documentaries, as well as Netflix exclusive content for offline viewing- StreamFab Netflix Downloader.
All thanks to StreamFab Netflix Downloader, you can now watch your all-time favorite Netflix videos even when you don’t have an internet connection, no matter where you go! Furthermore, we also gave you tips on how to fix the issue in case Netflix won’t download to an SD card.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline