How to Remove Continue Watching from Netflix
Summary: To certain people, it can be tricky about how to remove continue watching from Netflix. That is what this article is here for. Check it out, you shall have no problem removing continue watching from Netflix.
Table of Contents
- 2. How to Remove Continue Watching from Netflix
There are several streaming services out there, and each tends to offer certain unique features that would make them appear better than alternatives. Coming to Netflix, the platform is inarguably one of the most popular streaming service providers, and virtually anyone can access Netflix from any country.
Netflix offers movies, TV shows, documentaries, and a lot more digital content to its subscriber. Among all the streaming features offered by Netflix, one of the ones that most people find to be unnecessary is the “Continue watching” on Netflix feature. Hence, they try to look out for a way to disable or delete this feature; so that it stops appearing to them.
Well, we live in a generation where virtually everything is possible; and thus, if you’re looking for how to remove continue watching from Netflix, you’re actually reading the right article on the internet.
Apparently, this feature is useful to some people. You may be seeing a movie and due to one reason or another, you couldn’t complete the series before navigating off Netflix. Now, the continue watching section lets you resume such movies (those that you couldn’t complete) from where you stopped. It’s really a good feature, but then, not everyone is interested in having it on their account.
First things first, it is important to say that this act can only be done using the web version or a mobile web browser on your smartphone (or with the official mobile app). You cannot remove Netflix continue watching feature when you’re signed in on a smart TV or streaming device.
Actually, it’s not like you will delete the feature from Netflix; this guide simply allows you to remove certain movies and shows from the “continue watching” list.
- Step 1: Log in to your Netflix account from a web browser. Netflix's web version runs smoothly on Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari. Visit netflix.com on any of these web browsers.
- Step 2: Click, or hover your mouse, on the dropdown arrow beside your profile icon. This will reveal a set of drop-down menus, click on "Account" to get into your Netflix account page.
- Step 3: Now, on your profile page, go to “My Profile” and click on “Viewing Activity.” This opens up a page where you will see a complete list of every movie or TV show you’ve been watching on Netflix.
From this page, you can hide or remove any movie you don’t want to see in the “Continue Watching” section anymore. Simply click on the “hide” icon (a small circle with a slash inside) beside any movie name to remove it from the list.
- Step 4: If what you want to remove is a series, click on the Hide Series link (you will see this link on the top area) of the “Viewing Activity” page. Interestingly, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Hide All” if you want to hide out every suggestion.
Following these four simple steps, you will be able to hide out all the movies you want to remove from continue watching on Netflix.
Before going on with the steps below, ensure that your Netflix mobile app version is up to date. You can also use a mobile web browser if you don’t have the official Netflix mobile app.
- Step 1: Launch the Netflix app on your smartphone; on the Home screen, scroll down to the “Continue Watching” tab.
- Step 2: Tap on the three-dotted button next to the name/title of the movie you want to remove from the list.
- Step 3: Select “Remove From Row” from the menu option, and tap on OK to confirm your actions. This will delete the movie or series from your “Continue Watching” list.
If you're using an iPhone or iPad, or an Android device that probably doesn't support the latest version of the Netflix mobile app, these steps can help you out.
- Step 1: Visit netflix.com on your preferred web browser. It could be Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
- Step 2: Sign in to your account and tap on your profile icon. If there are multiple accounts signed in on the browser, select the one you want to edit the “continue watching” list.
- Step 3: Scroll down to the “Viewing Activity” tab and tap on it. This will take you to a page where you can view all the movies and series you’ve been watching on the platform. Just as you’d do while using a computer, click on the “hide” icon to remove any movie you don’t want to see again.
More so, you can scroll to the bottom of the list and click on "Hide All" to remove all the movies on Netflix Continue Watching list.
Things To Note:
- When you hide movies or series from your viewing history, the movies will never appear again as TV shows or movies you've watched on Netflix.
- Netflix won’t make recommendations for you based on those movies anymore; however, unless you re-watch them some other time in the future.
- They’d be removed from your Continue Watching across devices where your Netflix account is signed in.
There is practically no way you can delete the Continue Watching feature off Netflix. All you can do is remove the movies that are listed in the section. The feature can only be deleted by Netflix (if they wish) and doesn't seem like something that could happen anytime soon.
Apparently, as you stream Netflix daily, you will likely come across movies and TV shows you will love to download to your PC local storage or mobile device. When such a situation comes on, you will need a Netflix downloader software app to achieve what you want.
This is where StreamFab Netflix Downloader comes in - the StreamFab Netflix Downloader software is a professional PC utility app that lets you download Netflix movies automatically and in HD quality. More so, this software supports 5.1 audio; thus, your Netflix videos will be downloaded with lossless audio quality.
StreamFab Netflix Downloader runs smoothly on Windows 7, 8, and 10. It features an intuitive interface downloads Netflix videos with their metadata such as subtitle and title info.
Downloading Netflix videos and TV shows with StreamFab Netflix Downloader is seamless and fast, thanks to the 2x speed support with a built-in hardware acceleration engine.
- Download and install the software (DVDFab Downloader) on your Windows computer
- Launch the app and click on “Streaming Services” at the left pane
- On the streaming services page, select Netflix
- This launches the StreamFab Netflix Downloader
- You will need to sign in to your account to access the TV show or movie you want to download.
- Search for the video/show and click on the play button
- On the next popup Window, click the Download Now button start downloading the video. The default quality is 1080P with 5.1 audio.
- While the video is downloading, you can search for another one and also play it to download. Your ongoing downloads can be viewed on the "Task Queue" page.
Once the videos are completely downloaded, you can open the download folder and play them using your default video player.
Removing a movie from the “Continue Watching” section on your Netflix account implies that you don’t want to see recommendations based on the movie. Whether you remove a movie from the app or the web version, the movie will be deleted from your account’s “Continue Watching” list across platforms.
StreamFab Netflix Downloader comes in handy when you want to download a Netflix movie or TV show. It lets you download as many Netflix videos as possible. More so, you can download videos from other streaming platforms using StreamFab Downloader software - it is an all-in-one online video downloader - supporting over 1000 streaming/video-hosting sites.
Other Articles You May Like:
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV
How to Download Streaming Videos & Why
[Solved] How to Watch YouTube TV Everywhere
How to Use Netflix | Everything You May Want to Know
The Best Streaming Downloader to Download HBO Shows
Download Hulu Shows for Offline Viewing? — Here’s Why & How!
[Solved] How to Watch ESPN Without Cable 2021 [Multiple Solutions]
Paramount Plus Download, Price, Availability: Everything You Care About
Disney Plus Free Trial: There’s One But It May Take You Some Effort to Get It
Watch Apple TV | On Apple Devices, Non-Apple Devices, Browsers, and Offline