DVD Shrink & Its Best Alternative You Shall Never Miss
Summary: DVD Shrink is becoming obsolete and unsafe software. Not being compatible with Windows 10 and Mac creates a problem for many but don't worry, we have brought you the best-ever DVD Shrink alternative. Stick around till the end to find out the optimal solution to resolve the incompatible issue.
Have you tried DVD Shrink? Do you look for a better DVD Shrink alternative? If you have software to download videos and save files in backup on your system for free, this must be shocking. DVD Shrink, the free software for backup files, brings up your need with its updated version. To know how you can download videos in your system with a backup via DVD Shrink download version 3.2 for windows, keep reading until the end.
Most importantly, most people are fond of entertaining movies and videos to kill time when in transit or on travel. DVD Shrink downloads those videos and reduces their data in half, and results in ISO files, which lays a foundation for smooth playback on different devices.
Table of Contents
- 1. DVD Shrink: What You Need to Know
- 3. Best DVD Shrink Alternative: DVDFab DVD Copy
DVD Shrink is free software to backup DVD discs, a DVD transcoder for Microsoft Windows. It is an alternative to the system backup that you can download for Windows 10. DVD Shrink is available for Macintosh by copy-compress setting. It reduces the data to download in a single layer DVD of 4.3 GB.
The DVD Shrink uses a DVD ripper to back up the videos on your system. DVD Shrink object’s name hints that it is the amount of data to DVD with shallow loss of quality. However, some loss of quality while downloading for free is inevitable due to the lossy MPEG-2 compression algorithm.
As it is free, you will surely rush to buy it and enjoy the video. DVD Shrink helps download videos in your backup system that will save files, but it may affect the minimal quality of the video.
Yes, DVD Shrink is available in the 184.108.40.206 version for Windows. However, it doesn't support Windows 10 and isn't available for Mac, either. Thus, those looking for DVD Shrink for Macintosh and Windows 10 need to blaze a new trial.
Certainly, DVD Shrink is safe and free, and you can download videos for free.
It is secure software, but people are creating its copies. This doesn’t ensure the safety of the documents. They can have malware that can affect your system with viruses. DVD Shrink is safe and accessible only when it is original.
Be aware of copies because they are of no use instead of evil for the system. Another reason for usefulness can be your antivirus seeing it as malware and doesn't want to work with it.
Of course, DVD Shrink removes copy protections that the users most demand. Also, DVD Shrink removes protection from data such as CSS, RC, RCE, etc. Although DVD Shrink removes copy protection and processes the video into DVD, the users can compensate for the loss of video quality and ignore useless content. Because the user has it for free so he must ignore some.
Anyway, if you want to remove DVD copy protection completely and thoroughly, you can turn to other professional alternatives like DVDFab DVD for Passkey.
Unfortunately, it is sad for Mac users. No one has introduced DVD Shrink for Macintosh. However, you can download it from other applications. Mac users also have the right to enjoy the copy, backup, encrypt, compress, or re-author DVDs containing videos.
All for ease of Mac users, we have found a process of the DVD Shrink for Macintosh – Copy and Compress DVDs on Mac.
Here are some steps that you can copy and get compressed DVDs on Mac:
- Download DVD Shrink for Macintosh, then run the program. You can run DVD for Mac.
- Upload the DVD Movie. Before the copy-compress step up, the DVD movie has to load.
- Copy/Compress Setup and step.
- Run to Copy/Compress.
Many companies are still working to introduce DVD Shrink for Macintosh.
Just because Windows 10 doesn’t support DVD Shrink, it will need compatibility mode for Windows XP.
- DVD Shrink Windows 10 is free, available in updated version 3.
- Through DVD Shrink, we can download the video and resulting ISO file in a backup of the system.
- DVD Shrink can be Copied-Compressed to use for Windows and Macintosh.
- DVD shrinks reduce the data in half to a burnt DVD.
- DVD Shrink for Windows 10 isn’t supported unless it has any compatibility Mode for Windows XP.
- DVD Shrink Windows 10 isn’t available; you can copy-compress from any application.
- Loss of the quality of the video.
DVD Shrink is available in 220.127.116.11 for Windows in the download version. If you want to try DVD Shrink download, you are strongly suggested to download DVD Shrink from its official site. Otherwise, your system may suffer from viruses or malware if you download DVD Shrink from other pirated sites.
Anyway, to download DVD Shrink from its website, you need to tolerate the pop-up business ads, since DVD Shrink charges nothing for free download but it still keeps running via cooperation on ads with third-party businesses.
- Open DVD with DVD Shrink. Press the "Open Disc" button on the top, choose the DVD, Drive the disk you place it in, and click "OK."
- Fix the compression ratio and choose the audio track of your choice.
- Start to backup downloaded movies with DVD Shrink.
A DVDFab DVD Copy is the best DVD Shrink alternative. This best DVD copy software helps you to download video and save files in ISO images in a backup.
- Remove any copy protection and copy any DVD disc
- Copy DVD to DVD via 6 Copy Modes (Full Disc, Main Movie, Clone/Burn, Merge, Split, Customize)
- Copy DVD in lossless quality or compress any DVD
- Output DVD to a blank disc or as an ISO file and folder
- Copy DVDs in batch at a lightning-fast speed (in 3 minutes)
- Copy DVDs with meta info and .nfo file generation
- Support the newest discs with DVDFab Cloud Decryption Service
- Remove Cinavia permanently and copy as clean audio
- Free download, a 30-day full trial
For the best free DVD decrypter, click here.
It is often the case that when the video compresses, it introduces minor errors that are not acceptable backup quality. This error is an undeniable consequence of the compressed video. DVD Shrink doesn’t have any solution to improve backup quality and stop it from happening. However, it can decrease these artifacts. If you need to compress a video in DVD shrink, then keep in mind the speed of compression is slow. DVD Shrink speed of contraction can take about 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
However, if you use DVDFab DVD Copy, it will read all kinds of DVDs, including the scratched discs. DVDFab DVD Copy will complete the copy task in 3 minutes (for DVD-5 ISO file) or 5 minutes (for a DVD-9 ISO file). Once you copy a DVD physical disc, the whole copy speed depends on your optical drive quality.
Here is how you can copy DVDs with DVDFab DVD Copy Software.
- Free download and launch DVDFab DVD Copy.
- Load the source DVD by inserting the DVD you wish to back up into the optical drive.
You can also click the +Add button, or drag & drop the DVD ISO/folder onto the main UI.
- Select a copy mode.
- Customize the output DVD via Advanced Settings
- Start copying DVD by clicking the Start button.
Of course, if you want to rip DVDs into various digital videos for mobile playback, DVDFab DVD Ripper will come in handy. It works with Enlarger AI to upscale video from 480p to 1080p. When rip Blu-rays, the final output video will be upscaled from 1080p to 4K.
DVD Shrink is free and safe software, but unfortunately, it is incompatible with Windows 10 and Mac, which makes it challenging to use for many people. That being said, DVD Shrink for Windows 10 and DVD Shrink for Macintosh is still unrealistic. But never give up. Always trying to find a new way out! Here is the good news: DVDFab DVD Copy is the best DVD Shrink alternative. Wait no more and download it now!