Give New Life to Your DVD Collection: Top 8 Tools to Convert DVD to MP4
Summary: If you are looking for fast, convenient and full featured tools to convert DVD to MP4, here are some of the best converters that will help you do so. Digitize your collection, edit, enhance and personalize your favorite videos with some of the best tools available. Here are 8 of the best methods that will solve your queries on how to convert DVD files to MP4.
Table of Contents
- List of top 8 DVD to MP4 Converters
Are you sitting with a huge DVD collection and wondering how to breathe new life into it? Digitizing your DVDs is the best solution and to convert DVD to MP4 is the ideal way. This can be done quite easily with the help of certain tools and some of the best converters that help convert DVD files to MP4.
DVDs have enjoyed a fair share of popularity once upon a time but have been subsequently taken over by the more advanced Blu-ray technology and then with the coming of OTT like Netflix, Prime Video and myriad others, they have been slowly dwindling into oblivion. Moreover, if you do not own a DVD player or if your laptop does not feature a DVD disc slot, how do you play all those favorite movies you have been picking up DVDs of? Today, video entertainment is more about digital than disc and hence the question of how to convert a DVD to MP4 is gaining more and more prominence.
Here are some of the best DVD to MP4 converting tools that can be a boost to your efforts at restoring those deteriorating DVDs and saving your favorite movies on them.
DVDFab DVD Ripper is an AI powered DVD converter and ripper, that lets you not only rip and convert your DVDs but also to enhance and create UHD, DVD and Blu-ray files. It possesses the ability to eliminate water marks or DRM protection from discs and also possesses an easy to use interface with a slick contemporary design. It gives you the options to either manually load or once your DVD is inserted, the tool can auto-load the contents. Apart from this, it gives 50X faster DVD ripping speed with GPU acceleration. On the whole, this exclusive software appeals to maximum users for its modern and sleek aesthetics and needless to say, effortless DVD conversion experience.
- This is an AI powered converter for not only DVDs but Blu-ray discs and UHD as well
- Sophisticated video customization feature
- Allows for easy configuration and compressing video size with quality preserved
- Compatible with a wide range of video output formats like AVI, FLV, MKV, M2TS, VOB, TS, and WMV apart from MP4
- Simple intuitive interface
• Allows video customization like adding titles and chapters, selecting subtitle, etc
• You can add audio tracks and make state of the art configurations
• Auto-loads DVD contents once inserted and give lossless quality output for home theatre
• Affordable rates
- Unlimited function limitations in its free version
Launch the DVDFab Ripper software and load the source DVD
Pick a profile and customize your output video
Start your process of ripping DVDs
The UniConverter tool to convert DVD files to MP4 is very popular for its superfast conversion speed. The video converter comes packed with features and can easily convert the contents of your DVD into a variety of formats. The conversion process takes hardly any time with this tool and its simple, easy to use interface makes it extremely favored. Not only is it a great video converter, it allows users to cut, crop and trim videos as desired and also offers a DVD burner, screen recorder and GIF maker.
- Features batch video conversion
- Has an in built video editing software
- UI is simple and easy to use
- Conversion can be done not only in MP4 but various other formats are supported
- High speed
- Quarterly Plan: $29.99
- Annual Plan: $39.99
- Perpetual Plan: $55.99
- Videos are converted without any loss of quality
- Rate of conversion is quicker than similar tools
- Conversion of multiple video files can be done at the same time
- Offers a variety of video editing tools
- Certain iOS videos may remain unconverted
- Trimming can get somewhat tedious at times
WinX DVD Ripper can convert a DVD to MP4, even when the DVDs are copyright protected. In fact, WinX DVD Ripper gains much of its appeal because of this particular feature. Apart from MP4, it can convert a DVD to MPEG, H.264, etc. It offers users a free version which can later be upgraded to a paid version that keeps getting updated to decrypt new DVD encryptions. This converter can also convert DVD to MP4 Windows 10.
- Features Level 3 hardware acceleration
- Quality ratio is 1:1
- Rip DVD at 300 fps
- Ability to decrypt any kind of copyright protected encryptions
- Adjustable HQ encoding and de-interlacing
$29.95 for full version
- The DVD ripper can bypass all known encryptions including DRM, CSS, RCE, APS, etc.
- An entire DVD can be converted at 300 fps speed
- Original video quality is maintained after conversion
- Provides a free version as well
- Relatively slow speed
- May require adjusting of software settings
The Aimersoft DVD Ripper is known for its fast speed and ability to convert any kind of DVD into any video format. You can now convert DVD files to MP4 even for DVDs that have encryptions like CSS or any other region protection codes. This converter also lets you glean out audio tracks and background scores from individual DVDs. It is also much faster than various other traditional converting tools.
- 1:1 quality ratio
- Features an in built video editor
- Can supersede any encryption or region protection code
- Has an automatic consistent software update
- Video conversion can be done to more than 200 formats
- 1 year subscription: $29.99
- full lifetime license: $ 49.95
- Regularly updated to stay abreast of any kind of new encryptions that get introduced in DVDs
- No quality loss in resulting video
- High speed, almost 6X faster conversion with its NVIDIA CUDATM technology
- Built-in editor allows trimming, adding effects or cropping/cutting output video
- Cannot rip content present in an ISO mage file
- Output file video may eat up a lot of space
AnyMP4 Video Converter stands out as one of the best ways to convert DVD files to MP4 in 4K, UHD resolution. It is extremely simple in usage. It has the ability to convert just about any DVD into a plethora of formats that are both SD and HD. Besides allowing you to convert DVD to MP4, it enables you to get audio in different audio formats by extracting and converting them. If you are thinking how to convert DVD to MP4 in Mac, this converter can do so. Apart from iOS, it also supports all major android and media devices.
- Is compatible with all SD and HD video formats
- Features batch video conversion
- In built player
- Allows extraction and conversion of audio files
- Has predefined video profiles for different resolutions
- 1 Year License: $33.75
- Lifetime License: $51.75
- Ultimate Version: $66.75
- Videos of even 4K resolution is supported
- Let’s you convert audio files into any format
- You can preview or even take snapshots of video during playback
- Allows you to process multiple videos simultaneously
- The encoding process can be slow
- Has limited video editing features, lack of water mark and other adjustment options
Movavi is a full featured video processing tool to convert DVD to MP4. One of the universally preferred converters right from its inception, Movavi has been providing its customers quality video processing tools with conversion being its most sophisticated and prominent offering. Apart from converting DVDs to MP4, it can convert them to more than 180 formats with the help of a particularly simple process. For more ways to convert DVD to digital format, you can tap on here to learn more.
- Features batch conversion of videos
- Allows editing options like trimming and merging
- Tools for adding audio track and subtitles to the video provided
- Video compressing feature
- Easy usage and conversion process
- 1 year subscription: $44.95
- Full-time license: $54.95
- Video Suite: $84.95
- Convert multiple videos at the same time
- Extremely easy to use
- Do your own edits and trim videos as per your preference
- Original quality of video remains intact after conversion or compressing
- Relatively expensive as compared to similar other tools
- Does not support H.265
HandBrake is an answer for ‘How to convert DVD files to MP4 with an open source video converter’. HandBrake is a popular open source tool that can convert DVD to MP4 free in virtually no time. It is not only free to be used by all, it also boasts a range of features that allows conversion of any time of video with the least amount of time and effort. It makes the process of conversion extremely simple as well with a number of in-built device presets that come with it. If you want to convert DVD to AVI format, you can click here to learn more.
- It is free and open source
- Video filters can be added
- Batch video conversion feature supported
- Almost all types of audio and video formats are supported
- Preview feature available before conversion
- Completely free of charge
- Has excellent features that makes conversion process very simple
- Use it to enhance video quality
- Lets you add titles, subtitles and chapters to the video
- Does not support DVD/Blu-ray that has a copyright protection code
- Cannot mix multiple video clips in a single video
DVDVideoSoft is a free DVD video converter that is best for simple configuration. It allows you to convert DVD to MP4 by auto-loading the content of a DVD that you wish to convert once you have inserted it. The process is very simple after that as all you need to do is select the format and click Convert. The converted file will then get automatically saved in the previously set path of the device. It also lets you convert DVD to MP4 free.
- User interface is very easy
- Most configurations have been preset
- Features titles and subtitles addition
- Free of charge
- Simple configuration
- Offers simple features for your DVD conversion requirements
- All output formats have been preset but allows for manual configuration as well
- Simple to use and save
- Auto-loading feature provided for DVDs
- Devoid of any advanced feature
- Cannot bypass DVDs/Blu-ray discs that are copyright protected
Yes, it is and too many other formats apart from MP4. VLC has been endowed with not only converting but also DVD ripping abilities. Once the conversion process is complete, the resulting video file can be played on various devices without the need for a DVD player.
The WinX DVD Ripper is equipped to handle this task of converting DVD to MP4 video on a computer running Windows on Windows 10. All you need to do is download and install the software on your device, select +DVD button which will load the video, select output format as MP4 H.264 and Run.
Launch your DVD ripper after inserting the DVD. Click the DVD disc option and select the Source DVD disc. Select your DVD disc and then tap on OK to load your DVD. After a few moments, all the titles will get listed and the main title that is to be converted to MP4, will get auto-checked.
As DVDs hang on precariously until the last breath draws out of them, others like the MP4 have already clinched their spots as popular video formats across a variety of devices. It is critical now that you digitize your DVDs and convert DVD files to MP4 without further ado so that you can bring in your favorite movies and videos into the new generation where you can enjoy them on mobiles, computers and tablets without any hassles. Of course, you need some great converters to convert DVD to MP4 and the best of them have been discussed here which can not only give you lossless conversion, but are also superfast, extremely convenient to use and offers an overall satisfying converting experience!