How to Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac?
2018-12-05 07:54:31 Posted by Rebecca691
Summary: How to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac? Here are professional MKV to MP4 converters and detailed guides for you to convert MKV to MP4 easily and quickly.
Converting files from one format on Mac to another is a piece of cake these days if you have a good video conversion software. That’s what we’re going to talk about today. We’ll mainly look at how you can convert MKV to MP4 on Mac as a general example since these are two of the most popular formats around. However, the tools we’re going to discuss today are very versatile so you can just as easily use to convert between many other formats as well. We’ll start off by looking at a great professional software and then we’ll also take a look at some free online converters so stick around until the end.
Convert MKV to MP4 with DVDFab Video Converter for Mac
DVDFab Video Converter is a premium piece of software that makes it easy to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac or Windows. The software features a very user-friendly interface and supports all the most popular video and audio formats currently available. That includes not only common formats like MKV and MP4 but also more advanced ones like 3D and even 4K. In addition to being fast and very easy to navigate, DVDFab Video Converter also provides many editing and customization tools that can be used to modify files to your exact specifications. Here’s how you can convert MKV to MP4 on Mac using DVDFab Video Converter:
1. Open the new DVDFab 11 client and select the Convert module (third option in the top menu). Navigate to the location of the file you want to convert using the “Add” buttons or simply drag & drop the file into the center area.
2. Look to the upper left corner of the UI to find the Profile Switcher. Click it and then select the format of the output file by going to Format -> Video or Format -> Audio and picking a suitable option. As mentioned, we’re looking to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac for this particular example but you can use the same steps to convert to any other formats.
3. Now that we’ve picked the format it’s time to make a few changes. First, you’ll want to click the Advanced Settings button if you want to customize the file in various ways. For example, here you can change the resolution, encoding method, frame rate, video and audio quality, sample rate, and more. Meanwhile, if you want to edit the file you’ll want to click the Video Edit button. This menu lets you trim or crop the video, and add subtitles or watermarks.
4. With that out of the way, it’s time to pick the location of the output file by clicking the folder button near the button or the drop-down menu next to it. Finally, click the Start button and wait until the software finishes processing the file.
Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac with OnlineVideoConverter
1. Visit the OnlineVideoConverter website and select the “Convert a Video File”. It’s worth noting that you can also convert video links or use the screen recording tool but for now we’re only going to use this website to convert MKV to MP4 on Mac for free.
2. On the next page, click the “Select or Drop File” button to load the video you want to convert. Alternatively, you can also use the drag & drop method.
3. Once the file has been loaded, click the little arrow to open up a menu that lets you pick the format. Under the Video Formats category select the MP4 option. Click the “More Settings” button if you want to change the video quality or trim the video.
4. Click the Start button and then hit Download once the conversion is complete.
Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac Online-Convert
1. To convert MKV to MP4 on Mac using this tool begin by visiting the Online-Convert website and then click on the Video Converter menu to select the format. We’re going to pick the “Convert to MP4” option but feel free to choose a different format.
2. Click the “Choose Files” button to upload the file you want to convert or use the drag & drop method. You can also enter the URL of the video or load it directly from your Dropbox or Google Drive account.
3. Once the file has been loaded, use the options found beneath to customize and edit the video. There are plenty of tools to work with so take your time and play around with them until everything looks perfect.
4. Click the Start Conversion button and then hit Download once the process is complete.
Today we showed you just three of the possible methods by which you can convert MKV to MP4 on Mac but there are many more available out there. However, we recommend first trying DVDFab Video Converter because it’s the fastest and offers the most features out of all of them. Besides, this software supports a lot more formats than any online tool so don’t hesitate to check it out.