iMovie for Windows: Best Alternative to iMovie to Try
Summary: A number of users use iMovie for editing videos on their Mac devices. The tool is simple to use and comes with user-friendly menu along with an intuitive UI. However, majority of users are present on Windows operating system and are in search of iMovie for Windows. But, iMovie does not work on this operating system. Hence, instead of waiting for Apple to release iMovie for Windows 10, users prefer to look for an alternative that can replace iMovie and work smoothly on Windows. This article lists all such app that can be a good option for iMovie download for Windows. Read below to know more.
- • Offer diversified aspect ratio for display
- • Accept file or folder import like video, audio and image
- • Enable you to add text, filters, transitions, overlays and elements, mosaic
- • Allow you to rotate, split, crop, zoom in/out and edit your files in other ways
- • Output files in various formats of high quality
Table of Contents
- Top 6 Best iMovie for Windows Alternative Tool
DVDFab VideoCruise is the best option that can serve as the best iMovie alternative for Windows. But you may think, why this tool? Well, there are tons of reasons for this. To begin with, the tool comes with different editing features that can be used to enhance your videos. It allows users to adjust speed as per their needs. In addition to this, you can also flip and mirror as well as rotate the video if you want to. Also, users can split any video as well as crop the video as per their needs. Users can set the duration of the final output video so that they do not need to cut out the snippets.
Adding more to the list of features, the tool also provides a huge range of transitions, text features, filters, and overlays. Users also get control of the audio since the tool allows them to adjust the volume. You can select from a vast range of pre-set creative options to make your videos look exceptional and stunning. Users can also record their own audio. It also offers royalty-free music to the users to use in videos. The tool is capable of enhancing the human voice to increase the recording quality.
- DVDFab VideoCruise provides different features such as zoom effect, Audio Detach, PIP mode, customized video effects, and many more.
- DVDFab VideoCruise allows users to split, flip, crop, rotate, and mirror videos.
- Users can also set durations and adjust the speed of the videos using DVDFab VideoCruise.
- DVDFab VideoCruise also allows users to use royalty-free music, adjust volume, enhance their voice, and add their own voice.
- Users can also use freeze-frame, mosaic, speech & text converter, and green screen using DVDFab VideoCruise.
Follow the below steps to know how to use this iMovie download for Windows 10 to edit videos.
Step 1: Download and install VideoCruise on your PC. Select the aspect ratio as per your needs.
Step 2: Click on the import option to add your source video. You can also drag and dop your video.
Step 3: Users can click on the + button to add videos or photos to the main track. Also, the tool can add the video to PIP or main track by dragging and dropping the file.
Step 4: Drag the video to the main track.
Step 5: Users can use different features here such as split, flip, crop, rotate, and mirror videos.
Step 6: Users can also apply different effects such as zoom effect, Audio Detach, PIP mode, customized video effects, and many more.
Step 7: Users can also set durations and adjust speed of the videos here.
Step 8: Once you are done editing the video as per your needs, click on the Export option.
Step 9: The tool will ask you to add the name, path, and format. In addition to this, you can choose the quality of the output video as well.
Step 10: Once you have set this parameter, click on the Export option.
Step 11: The video will be saved on the path that you have specified.
Filmora is also one of the tools that are considered as iMovie equivalent for Windows. The tool is an all-inclusive video editing solution that is simple to use. The tool lets users record a video with voiceovers using the webcam and then edit it. In addition to this, users can also use the tool’s advanced editing features and templates such as customizing video and text with animated elements, overlays, visual and audio effects, and transitions. The tool is a professional editing option that can be used by seasoned and intermediate professionals.
- Supports multi-channel marketing and social advertising from within the editor
- Customizable video and audio effects, as well as animation presets
- Provides integration with third-party platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Has exclusive filters, transitions, motion elements, and titles
- Has support for 4K editing
- Supports videos in different languages as compared to iMovie such as German, Chinese, and Japanese
- Costly for individual users and small businesses
- No free version
- Watermark on all videos made using the trial version
- A huge learning curve for new users
- Crashes while working with big files
- High hardware requirements
The next option that can act as a download iMovie for Windows alternative is Adobe Spark. It is a creative suite created of Adobe Spark Post, Adobe Spark Page, and Adobe Spark Video. It is a strong platform that provides fully customizable branded templates, simple-to-use templates, collaboration & sharing tools, and a huge font library.
The platform was developed for daily storytelling, so it covers the requirement of both the average user and marketers. The tool is best for making short videos such as small-sized YouTube Shorts or Instagram reels or Story ads. Due to the intuitive interface, even newbie video creators and beginners can create scroll-stopping videos while experimenting.
- Comes with a huge range of storytelling-based customizable features and templates for every social media website
- The software syncs well all over different devices such as laptops, PC, and mobiles. Hence users' content can move freely from one device to another without the need to export files.
- Separate mobile app with simple navigation that lets users create content without any trouble on phone anytime
- Wide collection of royalty-free icons, photos, templates, fonts, images, and other assets
- Allows users to create their own media library by adding in favorites
- Provides nifty tips and tutorials and pointers as pop-ups
- Music library and text placement are very limited
- Contains templates for shorter small-sized videos.
- Not be the best tool for lengthy videos for IGTV and YouTube.
- The app is only available on iOS
- Subscription is very costly
- Branded templates and presets are not available in the basic plan
Camtasia is one of the best iMovie for Windows free as well as a video editing and screen-recording tool available for MacOS and Windows. The tool is popular for taking screen recordings and grabs to convert into screencasts for teaching or different reasons. Apart from basic editing functions, it provides some super-useful features such as cursor effects, callouts, captioning, transitions, and converting your PPT presentations into high-quality videos.
In addition to this, the tool also lets you add a quiz feature and a table of contents to evaluate how well your audience understood the video or lesson or to get their feedback. The tool is best suited for marketers, educators, entrepreneurs, coaches, or dedicated product and HR teams in a firm to make tutorial or instructional videos that need screen recording.
- Very user-friendly UI with simple navigation
- Comes with more than 40+ templates for diverse purposes
- Provides supports for enhanced features such as syncing your captions to a pre-existing script and Green Screen
- Offers voice control options such as adding audio points, noise reduction, equalizing the audio levels, and adjusting the pitch
- Comes with huge royalty-free gestures, annotations, music, and transitions to improve recording
- Has a wide range of animations that lets users to draw attention to a specific part of the screen
- Allows users to share videos directly to Vimeo and YouTube
- Limited professional-looking transitions and video templates
- No free plan
- The app often crashes while used with large files
Renderforest is a great Apple iMovie for Windows alternative and an online video editor that offers high-quality videos. The tool is very simple to use and has a broad selection of presets and templates boasting high-quality animation and graphics to enhance your video. A tool is an excellent option for basic edits such as trimming, cutting, and adding voice-over and music. Apart from this, the tool also provides branding solutions such as graphics, logos, and website makers, so users can do different tasks.
If you are one of the users seeking an enhanced video editor, this might not be the best option but can do the job. The tool also has a few problems with its virtual editor, one of the biggest issues being the video preview feature. On the other hand, it has quick customer support, so rest assured, that any problem users face will be resolved quickly. The tool is perfect for small to medium businesses and entrepreneurs needing to make content for their social media profiles. Their presets and video templates are good for presentations, promotional videos, and explainer videos. Their user-friendly UI also makes it a good option for enthusiasts or newbie video creators to create content.
- The built-in wizard provides recommendations based on your content
- A very intuitive UI, which is super simple for new users to navigate
- Quick audio-video sync for simple sharing
- Big video library with more than 300 video templates in different categories
- Flexible subscription plans
- Provides a commercially licensed music library for your projects to use
- Import may lower the original quality of your images and videos
- Inconvenient built-in video preview feature, which needs users to wait for the video to render to be able to see new edits and changes
- Does not let users to play a particular part of the video to check edits, rather needs users to play the whole video
- The rendering and processing time on videos might test your patience a bit and interrupt your production-to-publish time, particularly if you are in a hurry
- Limited typography and motion design options
- Only 300 MB of storage with the free plan
- Does not provide team collaboration features
- Specific templates are not entirely customizable with limitations on the number of character count, images, text size, and font.
Animoto is a simple-to-use cloud-based video editor and a great iMovie for Windows free full version alternative. The tool is best for individuals and teams with a small budget for marketing. It is majorly used to convert your videos and images into slideshow-akin videos with pre-designed transitions and slides that serve as a great option for a super engaging video. It is great for working on personal projects.
On the other hand, if you wish to make a huge number of videos in a month and require a more creative and versatile tool, this might not be the best tool for you. It is a beginner-friendly tool with an intuitive UI. A tool is an excellent option for both professional and personal use, with a huge library of templates that users can use to make everything from promotional ads to personal birthday albums or videos and social media posts
- Pre-made marketing storyboards
- Very user-friendly UI
- Color customization features
- Offers a huge library sourced from Getty Images with more than 1 million images and videos
- Reasonable pricing plans
- Easy customizations such as editing image size are not possible with specific templates
- Small font library
- The free plan does not support HD videos
- Does not flexibility and creative control
- Only supports English language videos which may make text-related editing and captioning features irrelevant for videos in different languages
Can you get iMovie on a Windows Computer?
iMovie only operates with macOS and iOS. If you are using a Windows device, you can use the above-mentioned options. DVDFab VideoCruise is a perfect video editor for Windows that lets users to easily trim/split video, edit video, and add animated text to video, among others.
What is comparable to iMovie for Windows?
DVDFab VideoCruise is a comparable option for iMovie. The tool lets users import almost any media files as well as add effects, transitions, or animated text to them. It even allows users to add multiple texts.
Can I use iMovie on Windows 10?
Developers at Apple have not launched any Windows edition of iMovie. It is only for macOS and iOS. If you need to use its replacement on Windows 10, try DVDFab VideoCruise. It is an exceptional video editor for Windows 10 and very easy to use.
What is the PC version of iMovie?
Users can try DVDFab VideoCruise, which is the best PC edition and an excellent option for iMovie due to its clean interfaces, simple operations, and powerful features. Users can import their media files, add effects, transitions, and animated text, and share around.
Having said that, we just had a look at the best tools that can be the best iMovie for Windows alternative tool. Among them, it is evident that DVDFab VideoCruise is the best option that can serve as the best iMovie alternative for Windows.
The tool comes with different editing features that can be used to enhance your videos. It allows users to adjust speed as per their needs. Users also get control of the audio since the tool allows them to adjust the volume. You can select from a vast range of pre-set creative options to make your videos look exceptional and stunning.