How to Record Your Screen with QuickTime?
Posted by Gabriel4225
Summary: How to record your screen with QuickTime? Here we will teach you how QuickTime Player works and also tell you how to record the screen of an iOS device using a premium tool.
The Most Complete DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD/Video SolutionsDVDFab 11 offers the world's best services related to DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD/Video. It can copy, convert, or create DVDs/Blu-rays/UHDs and remove their cinavia protection if they are protected. Their original qualities can be preserved or even enhanced under the help of an AI-powered enlarger tool of DVDFab 11. Additionally, DVDFab 11 allows you to change video formats and as well as remove DRM protection.
There are a lot of tools available to Mac users who want to record what’s happening on their screen but QuickTime is by far the most popular one. QuickTime screen recording is fast, reliable, and doesn’t require you to install any additional software. QuickTime comes installed by default with all recent version of MacOS so all you have to do is boot up the program and start recording. If you’re not sure how QuickTime screen recording works don’t worry because we’re here to help. In this article we’re going to teach you how it works and then we’re also going to talk about how to record the screen of an iOS device using a premium tool so make sure to stick until the end.
Part 1: How to Record Your Screen with QuickTime
Down below we’re going to give you a step-by-step guide on how QuickTime screen recording works. The tool is pretty straightforward so you shouldn’t have any trouble using it for the most part, however, we still think it’s helpful to list all the steps in detail just in case you get stuck.
1. Go ahead and open QuickTime Player and then take a look at the menu bar. Under File, you will find an option called New Screen Recording. Click on it.
2. QuickTime screen recording starts when you select the red button in the middle but don’t click on it just yet. Right next to it there is a small triangle that brings up the Options menu. Click the triangle and then select whether you want to record the video together with sound. Pick None if you don’t want any sound or select a microphone if you want QuickTime screen recording with audio. The Options menu also lets you show or hide the mouse clicks made during the QuickTime screen recording so pick the appropriate option.
3. With all of that out of the way, it’s time to start the QuickTime screen recording process itself. This is done by clicking on the aforementioned red button and then choosing the type of recording you want. To be more specific, there are two types depending on how much of the screen you want to record. In order to record the whole screen, simply click once anywhere on the screen and that’s it. But if you want QuickTime screen recording to only capture part of the screen drag the cursor to select the specific part of the screen you want to capture.
4. Once you’re ready to end the recording process simply click the little Stop button found in the menu bar. Finally, you can save your QuickTime screen recording by again clicking on File and then choosing the Save option. Don’t forget to type in a name for your recording as well.
Part 2. How to Record Your Screen with DVDFab Screen Recorder and Editor for iOS
We mentioned earlier that you can capture the screen of an iOS device using a premium tool. The tool in question is called DVDFab Screen Recorder and Editor for iOS and we’re going to briefly explain how to use it down below. Unlike QuickTime screen recording, this tool allows you to capture everything that’s happening on your iOS device using a Windows PC. Simply connect your mobile device to your PC via AirPlay Mirroring and then use all the built-in professional tools to make great looking videos. Here’s how it works:
1. Make sure you’re using a Windows PC and then open DVDFab. Next, go to the Utilities tab and look for a tool called DVDFab Screen Recorder and Editor for iOS. Open it. Then follow the on-screen instructions at the popup window to connect your iOS device to DVDFab via AirPlay Mirroring.
2. Before you start recording it’s probably a good idea to check out some of the settings. For example, you may want to check to the left of the menu for a toggle that allows you to record audio in addition to video. You can also record from your webcam or other camera devices at the same time by using the Add Video Track button in order to create a picture-in-picture effect. Similarly, the Add Audio Track button lets you add narration or music on top of your video. Once you’re done playing with all the options press the red button to begin recording.
3. Press the same button again to stop the recording and then click the Preview button to make sure everything looks good. If you need to make certain modifications use the built-in editing buttons to crop or trim the video as well as add annotations or watermarks. Once you’re done, click the Save button and the software will create an MP4 file of the recording that you can store anywhere on your PC.
While QuickTime screen recording is a great solution for capturing video and audio on Mac, you’re going to need a different tool if you’re looking to record the screen of an iOS device and transfer the file to Windows. Luckily, DVDFab Screen Recorder and Editor for iOS was designed specifically for that purpose. This premium piece of software is perfect if you’re looking to make professional looking videos with top notch quality so don’t hesitate to give it a try. In fact, the software offers a trial version so make sure to check it out so you can get a small taste of what the Pro version has to offer.
Featuring the most advanced audio & video conversion technologies, DVDFab Video Converter allows you to convert audio & video files of all sorts from one format to another, for playback on desktops, laptops, notebooks, and portable & mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, PDAs, game consoles, even car infotainment systems as well.