Top 8 4k Video Converter for Windows & Mac in 2023
Summary: 4K is gaining popularity because of its sharper picture and higher resolution. Here are the top 8 videos converters of 2023 that are compatible with both windows and mac to use in 2023.
Table of Contents
4K is gaining popularity because of its sharper picture and higher resolution. GoPro, DJI, iPhone, and Canon's 4k 10bit HDR video at up to 60/120 fps shows no sign of slowing down its spread. 4K video takes a lot of processing power, but is your PC equal to the task? There are exceptions to this rule, of course. To handle 4K Ultra HD videos, you may need a 4K video converter. Why?
- A 4k video has four times as many pixels as a 1920x1080p movie in terms of pixel count.
- The file size is astonishingly large - in the GBs - because the bitrate is presumably between 100 and 600 Mbps when inter/Intra compression is applied.
- The 4K frame rate may exceed 60/120 frames per second.
- To encode 4k video, the HEVC codec is used, which takes a large amount of processing power on the PC, the editing software, and more.
As a result, when you transfer 4k files from your camera to an older PC for playback, edit the 4k films using Premiere Pro or other editing tools, then post them to YouTube or other social media sites, it's not a smooth experience. You're usually annoyed by your weak computer's choppy playing and heavy CPU use. When importing 4k footage, error warnings like "unsupported video codec" and "codec missing" appear. When editing in 4k, playback abruptly stutters. The process of uploading them might take a lot of time. Here are the top 8 videos converters of 2022 that are compatible with both windows and mac to make the process simpler;
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
You may use DVDFab Video Converter to convert practically any type of video from the internet, capture cards, digital camcorders, etc., into almost any other format. This video converter 4k is also helpful in converting standard-definition footage to 4K. It's a high-quality video converter that's simple for both novices and power users. The built-in editor in DVDFab Video Converter is one of the most notable customizing capabilities. This editor can rotate and crop videos. This approach can add watermarks and subtitles to videos. The DVDFab's advanced settings panel allows users to alter audio and video characteristics and other options. The DVDFab converter has preset profiles for numerous devices, including iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Sony, etc. This function of DVDFab allows users to transfer videos from their mobile phones to the DVDFab and transfer videos from the DVDFab to their mobile phones.
- Insert the source video into DVDFab Video Converter.
Free video converters are available that have a restricted number of functionalities. Select the "Converter" option from the menu bar when DVDFab 12 opens. You may add the video by dragging and dropping the source video onto the main UI or by utilizing the Add buttons.
- You may select a profile and modify the output of video and audio.
It's possible to select a different profile from the drop-down menu and access the profile library, which includes options for both format and device. Make your choice and stick with it. Advanced settings allow you to change all video and audio parameters, and you can use the built-in video editor to fine-tune the output video.
- Start to convert video.
To begin the free and quick video conversion, click the Start button. Using DVDFab Video Converter software converts videos instantly and provides detailed progress reports. During the procedure, you can abort the job and have your PC shut down, leave the application, go into hibernation, or do nothing at all.
Converting to and from any 4K video format, such as MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, and more, maybe done with TalkHelper 4K Video Converter. With built-in adjustable preset profiles, any 4K clip may be customized to specific devices, even old feature phones. Additionally, 4K movies may be converted to 1080p, 720p, and 480p, while maintaining high-quality output. There's also a built-in 4K video downloader that works with various services, including Vimeo and YouTube.
- Allows you to convert several 4K videos at once.
- Adapt the output quality to your preferences.
- In addition, it will enable you to adjust the video settings.
- To ensure lossless 4K conversion, the software employs top-notch algorithms.
- It is the best 4k youtube video converter for free uses.
- Only available for Windows
To ensure faultless playing on all PCs, TVs, and mobile devices, WinX Video Converter is a free video converting program. Compressing large 4K movies can help them go viral faster, and there's even a built-in 4K/HD video downloader for those videos that don't stutter when playing back.
It's even better since you can edit any video to fit your needs, such as converting HEVC/H.265 4K videos to H.264 so they can be played on any device, for example.
- Powered by a High-Quality Engine
- Real-time 4K to HD conversion speeds of up to 20X
- Allows you to compress 4K videos up to 90% without sacrificing quality.
- Integrated video downloader.
- The ability to convert several 4K videos at once
- Provides tools for video editing
- A demo version that has some restrictions
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Online
Movavi Video Converter is a powerful tool for converting any video to or from 4K, both online and offline, in high-quality. With a video compressor, you can shrink huge 4K UHD videos without losing their quality.
Additionally, this best 4k video converter online has a built-in video editor that allows you to crop, trim, combine, apply effects, and change the hue of your video to meet your unique requirements. An AI quality scaling tool is also included in this 4K video converter, which allows you to upscale lower-resolution films to 4K.
- The batch video conversion is possible.
- Has AI-guided quality upscaling features
- Allows you to edit and burn videos.
- Without sacrificing quality, 4K movies may be compressed.
- Super-fast video format conversion
- Options for smart output
- A 4k video converter free
- The free version of the app has watermarks on the videos.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
You can rip DVD and Blu-ray movies to any format using Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, which is ten times quicker than other 4K converters. Acrok's quality is preserved, whether scaling up to 4K or scaling down from 4K.
You may use video editing functions such as trimming, merging, splitting, cropping, and adding special effects to enhance the final product further. 8K/6K/4K/Full HD videos may be converted to virtually any format, and the output is tailored to the needs of the target device or program.
- 4K video conversion that is lightning-fast and hardware-accelerated
- Powerful video-editing options are included.
- Provides video conversion services in 2D and 3D
- Uninterrupted 4K DVD/Blu-ray media backup
- High-quality output from batch processing
- Conversion presets are included.
- A best and free YouTube video converter 4k
- Compared to predecessors, it's a little more constant
Compatibility: Windows, Mac
Full-GPU acceleration is used by Digiarty's VideoProc for fast, high-quality 4K conversion while preserving the original image quality. With this 4k video converter app, you can get real-time speedups of 47X while still maintaining high-quality output while working with huge 4K films, DVDs, and audio files. De-noise and stabilize any video footage recorded for use on social media platforms such as YouTube or Instagram stories.
- Video upscale and downscaling choices; quality adjustment;
- Basic video editing capabilities
- Toolbox for editing 4K videos
- Built-in downloader and screen recorder.
- Convert videos to audio (e.g., MP3).
- The best video converter 4k
- Free version conversions are limited to five minutes.
FlexClip is an online video converter that allows you to resize or re-resolution your videos, including those in 4K. Only three simple steps are required to convert MOV, M4V, WebM, and MP4 files. Customize the output resolution (1080p, 720p, etc.), format (MP3, WMA or AIFF), and quality to your liking (Low, Medium, or High). You can also read our anoter post best HD video converter to learn more.
- Converting 4K video to HD without sacrificing quality
- Privacy and security of files are always ensured.
- This best 4k video converter is completely free.
- It is a quick and straightforward free 4k video converter.
- There will be no batch processing.
Converting videos online for free Over 500 file types are supported, which means that practically any video format can be converted to another. In addition to choosing to rotate, flip, clip, and add subtitles, you can play with other settings, including codecs, resolutions, aspect ratios, and framerates, in an online tool.
- Customizable output choices ensure that your files are safe and confidential.
- A batch 4K video conversion option is available and direct URL video conversion.
- Incorporates online storage from Dropbox and Google Drive
- A best 4k video converter online for free uses
- The maximum file size is 1 GB.
The most acceptable 4K video converter streamlines your workflow most largely with the proper features. Video upscaling/downscaling and editing options, video compression, DVD/Blu-ray ripping and more are just some of the great features. After reading our in-depth review, which of the top 4K converters have you found to be the most useful? See also: suitable options for video converters.