1. Data controller and representative
Through its website (the “Website”) and its desktop applications and mobile applications (the “Application”), DVDFab implements the processing of personal data listed below.
2. Data processing implemented by DVDFab
2.1 Processing of personal data related to your visit to our website and the comments areas and the purchase and use of our products
When the User visits to our Website, or make a comment or purchases a DVDFab product through the Website or the Application, or use our products, DVDFab implements a processing of personal data as follows:
2.1.1 Personal data collected
Regarding this processing, DVDFab collects the following personal data through the collection forms in the ordering process or other processes.
- Name or nickname;
- Email address;
- Postal code;
- Phone number;
- Order information, such as the products you purchase, date and amount of the order;
- Payment information such as Credit card information (type, number, expiration date, CVV security code)/debit card information or other payment/billing information.
- Information we get from your visit to our websites. We collect information about how you visit our websites (including the webpage that led you to a DVDFab website, the search terms entered into a search engine which led you to a DVDFab website);
- Information we get from your use of our products. We collect information about the products that you use and how you use them and your local device information, including but not limited to your device information, operating system, user name, your DVDFab ID, location, IP address, operating log information, crash reports and the information and format of the files you are working with(with your additional consent);
- Your product serial number;
- Content of customer support communications.
- Profile photo;
- Other potential personal information provided by the User through its comment (age, location, etc.);
- The content of your comment.
2.1.2 Purpose and legal basis of the processing
DVDFab uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
In order for DVDFab to provide the User with the ordered product(s);
For the performance of a contract to which the User is party, the collected data are necessary in order for DVDFab to identify and bill the User and to charge its bank card number;
For Verifying your identity and Providing customer service or support; Analyze your use of our websites and products to better understand how they are being used so we can improve our services and the user experience and engage and retain users.
Said comments and the related personal data are provided by the User on a voluntary basis so that the processing of the collected personal data relies on the User’s consent.
DVDFab may use the comments (with your relevant information) you post for marketing purpose in order for others to better understand and use our products.
2.1.3 Recipients of the personal data
We may also transmit your personal information with companies that help us to run our business by processing personal information on behalf of us for the purposes identified above. Such companies include providers of payment processing services, server services providers, data analysis services providers, fraud monitoring and prevention providers, email delivery service providers, social media, and other marketing platforms and service providers.
In addition, DVDFab may disclose the User’s personal data:
- if DVDFab is under a duty to disclose or share such personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of its business, its customers or others.
2.1.4 Transfer of personal data
Please find below the relevant information on transfer:
- DVDFab may transfer the collected information to third party payment processors to complete the charge process;
- DVDFab may transfer the collected information to providers of third party email delivery service to send promotion emails, or to other marketing platforms and service providers to complete relevant service;
- DVDFab may use third party track tools (such as Adwords, Bing, Facebook, Google Analytics,and so on) to track the information on how users use the products and websites, such information will be stored in third party servers. Such third party track tools may send the data analysis report to DVDFab for DVDFab’s above mentioned purpose;
- DVDFab may store the collected information on the servers leased from providers of third party server service.
2.1.5 Duration of the storage
In order for DVDFab to be able to demonstrate the existence of a right or a contract or a legal obligation, the relevant personal data will be stored through intermediary archives for a duration that will not exceed what is strictly necessary regarding the purpose of the storage and in accordance with the applicable legislation.
Regarding banking information, said information will be deleted once the payment has been processed and has become effective. Withdrawal time period could additionally apply. The number and the expiration date of the credit card number (not the CVV security code) could be stored through intermediary archives for evidence purposes in case of a claim regarding the payment, for the duration provided by Article L. 133-24 of the French Monetary and Financial Code (13 months or 15 months in case of deferred charge card).
2.2 Processing of personal data related to newsletters and advertising emails
The User may want to subscribe to DVDFab’s newsletter in order to be provided with information and news regarding DVDFab products. In this case, DVDFab implements a processing of personal data as follows:
2.2.1 Personal data collected
Regarding this processing, DVDFab only collects your provided information such as the User’s email address, name or nickname, country, preferred product, and your operation to the promotion emails.
2.2.2 Purpose and legal basis of the processing
DVDFab implements the processing of personal data in order to provide consumers and potential consumers with information and news regarding DVDFab products. The subscription to DVDFab’s newsletter and the related provision of personal data is made on a voluntary basis so that the processing of the collected personal data relies on the User’s consent.
2.2.3 Recipients of the personal data
DVDFab may transmit the collected personal data to providers of email delivery service and other service providers such as data analysis providers and server providers.
2.2.4 Transfer of personal data
The collected personal data are transferred by DVDFab to recipients which are located outside the European Union and such destinations may not have laws which protect the User’s personal data to the same extent as in the European Union.
Please find below the relevant information on transfer:
- DVDFab may transfer the collected information to providers of email delivery service providers to send newsletters or promotion emails.
- DVDFab may store the collected information on the servers leased from providers of server service.
- DVDFab may use third party track tools (such as Google Analytics) to track the information on the user’s operation to the advertising emails, such information will be stored in third party servers. Such third party track tools may send the data analysis report to DVDFab for DVDFab’s above mentioned purpose.
2.2.5 Duration of the storage
DVDFab will store the collected personal data for 3 years from their collection or from the last contact from the User (whichever is later).
At the end of this 3 years time period, DVDFab may contact the User in order to know if the User wishes to keep receiving commercial information from DVDFab. In case DVDFab would not receive any positive and explicit answer from the User, the personal data would be deleted or archived in accordance with the applicable legislation.
2.3 Cookies and trackers
When the User consults the Website and/or the Application, DVDFab implements cookies and other trackers on the User’s device. For additional information on cookies and trackers, please read DVDFab’s cookies policy
4. Contacting DVDFab
If the User needs to contact DVDFab for any reason (including to exercise any of its rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please contact email@example.com.