How to Convert AVI to GIF?
Posted by WiKi4121
Summary: Turning portions of a video into a GIF is actually pretty easy if you have the right piece of software. Now follow us to take a look at a few tools that can convert AVI to GIF fast and easily. There are 10 AVI to GIF apps ontroduced.
DVDFab ToolkitDVDFab Toolkit works hard to help users convert, trim, merge videos and audios. It is powerful enough to adjust video speed, angle, resolution, aspect ratio. Most importantly, this exceptional software makes GoPro videos more stable and clear.
GIFs are so common nowadays that you can’t browse the internet for more than a few minutes without running into at least one of them. GIFs appear in various forms. Someone change an AVI to GIF, others may turn a Mp4 to GIF. Each person makes a GIF for a certain purpose.That shouldn’t be too surprising though, as there’s no better way to succinctly express yourself on social media than a good GIF. But what do you do when you can’t find the right GIF for a specific occasion? Well, you could either keep searching and hope that you’ll eventually find it or you can create one yourself. Here, Choosing “Convert AVI to GIF” is the first step to expressing yourself at will and creatively.
When it comes to GIF creation, you can make it out of a whole video, such as from AVI to GIF. Alternatively, you can turn portions of a video into a GIF, and it is actually pretty easy if you have the right piece of software. With that in mind, today we’re going to take a look at a few tools that can convert AVI to GIF fast and easily.
Table of Contents:
In order to provide users a free and pleasant experience to convert AVI to GIF, making creative ideas come into being, DVDFab Toolkit turns up. This free and versatile software is becoming increasingly perfect with more functions added after series of upgradation. Besides converting AVI to GIF DVDFab Toolkit is also a video editor to convert Video to PIC and vice versa. Now, let’s get down to how to convet AVI to GIF with this exceptional software.
(1) Download and install DVDFab Toolkit
DVDFab Toolkit is the most quick AVI to GIF converter. It only takes you three clicks to download and install DVDFab Toolkit. Click “Free Download” > “install” > “Start” following the instructions, and you will come to the main interface of this free tool. During this process, no additional apps will disturb you.
(2) Click “Video to GIF” under “Image Tools”
(3) Import your AVI video by clicking the “+” icon
(4) Extract part of a video to create AVI to GIF; decide the looping time and play speed
(5) Set the output directory and click “Start” at the bottom
This is how to convert AVI to GIF with the assistance of DVDFab Toolkit. Are you interested in trying this exceptional AVI to GIF converter? DVDFab Toolkit cannot just be used to convert videos to GIFs. When you have videos unable to be played back due to format incompatibility, you can also ask DVDFab Toolkit for help. When you have shaky and unclear GoPro videos, this software is always your first choice. When you want to make a video out of pictures, remember that DVDFab toolkit assist you in adding music and create that video. All in all, this AVI to GIF converter saves your from any trouble about video, audio and image.
The second assistant to convert AVI to GIF is called AVI to GIF Converter. True to its name, this tool is very easy to use and was designed with just one purpose in mind. It’s not exactly the fastest tool out but it gets the job done and can be used to convert AVI to GIF on Windows by even the most inexperienced users. The tool supports a variety of other video formats as well in addition to AVI and comes with a couple of handy options like the ability to change the frame size or to preview the output while the file is being processed. Now, let’s learn how to use this software compatible with Windows to convert AVI to GIF.
(1) Open the AVI to GIF converter and click the Input button load the video you want to convert.
(2) Use the Set Start and Set End sliders to select the portion of the video you want to convert into a GIF.
(3) Use the drop-down menu labeled Frame Size to change the resolution of the output. Check the box next to Preview While Encoding if you want to look at each frame while the file is being processed. Click Start to begin the conversion.
(4) The GIF will automatically be placed in the same folder as the original video once the process is complete so go to that folder to check out your new GIF.
This is the steps on how to change AVI to GIF using this AVI to GIF converter. It is easy to use and make it easy to express your mind.
Besides AVI to GIF converters on Windows, users also need to convert AVI to GIF on Mac. Is there a tool compatible with Mac? Yes. UniConverter can be used on both Windows and Mac. Now, let’s see how to convert AVI to GIF using UniConverter.
(1) Get UniConverter launched on your Windows or Mac
(2) Click “Toolbox” > “GIF Maker” on the main interface of this AVI to GIF converter
(3) Input AVI video to this AVI to GIF converter, customize your video and decide where to save it.
(4) Click “Convert” to turn the AVi video to GIF
UniConverter helps users to convert video to GIF, including but not limited to converting AVI to GIF. There are multiple video format supported for conversion by this AVI to GIF converter such as MP4, MKV and MOV. When you want to download videos from popular platform featuring YouTube, this software also helps.
The alternative UniConverter is VLC. If you feel the last AVI to GIF converter is not fit for your taste, maybe this one deserves your attention. Now, follow me to know how to use it.
(1) Get VLC media player launched on your machine, and click “Media” > “Open File” to import your AVI video.
(2) Focus on “Video Frame” and save the AVI video as an animation. Then, pay attention to “Video” menu, click “Take Snapshot and the videoo frame will take in the form of “PNG in “My Pictures” folder.
(3) Open “MSPaint” on PC, and click “File Menu” > “My Pictures” > “Snapshot”, and save it as “GIF picture”.
This is how to convert AVI to GIF with VLC. VLC is widely known as a good media player. Similar to DVDFab Toolkit, it plays more than one role. And DVDFab Toolkit has its brothers as well, such as DVDFab Player 6 and DVDFab Video Converter. In addition to playing back videos, VLC media player is dedicated to converting AVI to GIF, too.
As is known to us, PhotoShop is a powerful tool to deal with pictures and videos. Users who have used it all think highly of this software. Here, your desire to turn AVI to GIF is just easy, since PhotoShop can produce a GIF from both videos featuring AVI and static pictures. Now, it is time for us to learn steps on how to convert AVI to GIF in PhotoShop.
(1) Download and install PhotoShop
(2) Load your AVI video to PhotoShop by clicking “File” > “Import” > “Video Frames to Layers”, choose portion of your video to make GIF.
(3) Click “Window” > “Timeline” in the toolbar, set the looping time of your video and the duration time of each frame.
(4) Export your GIF by clicking “File” > “Export” > “Save for Web (Legacy)”; set the output format as “GIF”; preview your GIF and click “Save” at the bottom.
This is how to change AVI to GIF in PhotoShop. This AVI to animated GIF converter is very versatile and deserves your attempt.
This is an AVI to GIF online converter that you can use without having to download anything. The online tool allows you to create GIFs using videos, images or even directly from the web via URL. ezGIF can also be used to crop and resize GIFs or to add text and various other effects. But since we’re talking about AVI to GIF conversion, it’s worth mentioning that you can only upload files of up to 100 MB. Since this is an online tool, you can use it to convert AVI to GIF on Mac as well as Windows. Following are the steps on how to convert AVI to GIF on ezGIF website.
(1) Visit the ezGIF website and select the Video to GIF option from the top menu to begin.
(2) Click the Choose File option to load the source and then hit the Upload Video button.
(3) Choose the start and end times for the GIF you want to create. If necessary, you can also change the size, frame rate or encoding method using the menus found below the video.
(4) Once everything looks good, hit the Convert to GIF button and wait a few seconds until the tool finishes processing the file. You can now further modify the GIF if needed using one of the many available options such as Rotate, Cut or Overlay. Click the Save button to download the GIF to your computer.
This option is sort of a mix between the two previous tools. It’s very basic like Free Easy Video to GIF Converter but you can use it online just like ezGIF. Online Converter is a website dedicated to various types of conversion processes, including video, audio, images and even units of temperature or speed. The downside is that you may need to look around a bit until you can find the exact converter you want. Also, this online AVI to GIF converter doesn’t offer a preview option so it might be a bit harder to use for some people.
(1) Visit the official Online Converter website and go to Image Converter. Select Convert to GIF from the menu and then pick the AVI to GIF option on the next page.
(2) Click the Choose File to upload the video you want to convert.
(3) Check the box next to Options and set the start and end time to cut the portion of the video you want to turn into a GIF. Also, type in a specific frame size if needed.
(4) Click the Convert button to convert your AVI file to GIF and the tool will take you to a new page. Once the conversion process is complete, the file will automatically be downloaded to your computer.
Zamzar is another online website used to convert AVI to GIF free. To use this AVI to GIF converter, “place yourself on https://www.zamzar.com” > “Import your AVI video from your computer” > Choose “GIF” output format under “Convert to” option > “Input your e-mail address” > “ Click “Converter” and wait for your GIF. You will come by this file via your e-mail.
Another online AVI to animated GIF converter is Convertio. You can import videos of more than 200 formats to this website, with AVI video included. To use this AVI to GIF converter to convert AVI video to GIF, search “https://convertio.co/avi-gif/” > “Load AVI video from PC or via its URL” > “Choose GIF output format” > “Save the GIF to Google Drive or Dropbox” > “Start the conversion process”.
The last AVI to GIF converter to be introduced is Online Convert. This website provides convenient service and enables users to edit their videos. Visit “https://www.online-convert.com” > “Load AVI file” > “Select video size, color under ‘Optional” settings” > “Convert”.
There are plenty of tools out there that let you convert AVI to GIF on Windows and Mac and online. No matter which one you are going to use when creating a GIF it’s crucial to set the correct start and end times so keep practicing until you get it just right. Once you’ve finished creating your GIFs and want to convert AVI videos to other video or audio formats consider trying DVDFab Video Converter. The tool is fast, easy to use, and comes with plenty of nice options that allow you to create perfect videos.
Featuring the most advanced audio & video conversion technologies, DVDFab Video Converter allows you to convert audio & video files of all sorts from one format to another, for playback on desktops, laptops, notebooks, and portable & mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, PDAs, game consoles, even car infotainment systems as well.