Top 5 Best Free MP3 Converter Tools to Use in 2023
Summary: An MP3 converter is a type of converter that is used to convert MP3 audio file into different types of file. If you are not able to edit or play a specific audio file the way you wish due to the fact that the format is not supported by the tool you're using, one of these best free MP3 converter tools or online platforms can be useful. These tools are also useful if your favorite music app on your tablet or phone is not compatible with the format of the new song that you downloaded. The best free YouTube to MP3 converter can get rid of this problem easily. Below are some of the best tools that you can use for conversion. Have a look.
Table of Contents
DVDFab Video Converter is the best free FLAC to MP3 converter that is available in the market. The tool comes with different features among which conversion of MP3 to different formats is the highlight. The tool not only supports different audio formats but also supports various video formats. Hence it is also the best free MP4 to MP3 converter. In addition to this, using the tool is a child’s play and even newbies can use the tool very easily. The small learning curve is one of the reasons why the tool is popular among the users. Follow the below steps to know how to convert to MP3 files using this tool.
1. Download and install DVDFab 12.
2. Click the Convert module on the main screen.
3. Click the + button on the main screen to upload the source MP4 video. You can also drag and drop the video to upload it.
4. Clicking on the Info option will show the information of the files that you have just uploaded.
5. Users can also makes changes in the audio and video parameters by clicking the Advanced Settings option.
6. For audio parameters, users can copy audio and change code, channels, sample rate, bit rate, volume, and many more.
7. For video parameters, users have the ability to change codecs, resolution, frame rate, encoding method, video quality, split, bit rate, output size, and many more parameters.
8. Lastly, users can also change substiles settings. The tool offers 3 modes namely Direct render to video, Remux into file, and Extract to idx/sub file.
9. Once you have made all the changes, click OK and come back on main screen.
10. Select the desired output as MP3 and select the desired size of the output file as per your needs.
11. Once selected, click Start to begin the conversion process.
The next item in our list of best MP3 converters is 4K Video Downloader. The tool might not be as advanced as DVDFab Video Converter, but it just does the job. It works in a same manner, as well, but since this tool is majorly developed to download entire videos, there are a few additional steps involved. Users need to copy the video URL from the web browser and tap the Paste URL option. Next, choose the Extract audio and select OGG, MP3, or M4A, then tap Extract option. The audio will be converted and saved on your PC.
The free version of this tool allows you to download playlists of almost 24 videos, which is specifically helpful for grabbing multiple songs by a specific artist. You can download and convert bigger playlists to MP3 format if you go for the paid version.
- Can download playlists
- No ads or bundled software
- Long playlists need license
- Only available for Windows
If you are searching looking for a simple tool that works without the confusing interfaces and enhanced options that most of converter tools have, you will surely love MediaHuman Audio Converter. All you have to do is drag and drop the source files you wish to convert directly into the tool, select an output format, and then begin the process. The tool supports different input formats such as AC3, AAC, AIFF, AIF, AMR, ALAW, AU, APE, CAF, AWB, DTS, DSF, M4A, FLAC, M4R, M4B, MP3, MP2, OGG, MPC, RA, OPUS, SPX, SHN, WAV, TTA, WV, WMA, and others. When it comes to output formats, the tool supports AC3, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, M4R, FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV, OPUS, and WMA.
If you need more enhanced options, this tool allows you personalize things such as whether you need to automatically add the converted songs to iTunes, the default output folder, and if you wish to search online for cover art, among other features. Luckily, these features are concealed and are totally unobtrusive unless you wish to use them. Windows and macOS are supported by this tool.
- Supports a wide range of rare and popular formats for conversion.
- Simple-to-use user interface.
- Optionally auto-import the files into iTunes once the conversion is done.
- Ability to convert files from iTunes playlists.
- Does not have advanced options
ClipGrab is one of the tools that makes converting from YouTube to MP3 piece of cake. The tool is one of the best free MP3 converter online tools. The delightfully easy interface offers users a pleasing hint of just how simple it is to convert files. All you have to do is copy the video URL to the clipboard and the tool do its job, providing you the option to download the related video for you.
- Integrated video search
- One-click downloads
- Supports many video sites
- Bundled extra software that can be harmful to your device
FileZigZag is the one of the best YouTube to MP3 converter online free tools that will convert most common audio formats, provided they are not over 150 MB in size. All you have to do is upload the original audio file, select the required output format (MP3), and then wait for the download option to appear. The tool supports different input and output formats. The worst things about this online converter are the time it consumes to wait for the process to finish and the cap of 10 conversions daily. On the other hand, most audio files, even bigger music tracks, come in a very small size, so the time limitation is not normally an issue. It must work with all operating systems that support a web browser, such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Supports a broad range of file formats.
- Works online, so no separate downloading of software is required.
- Convert more than one file at once.
- Automatically displays all the compatible formats users can convert the file to.
- Files can be as big as 150 MB.
- Limits only 10 conversions per day.
- Must upload the file to the platform before the process can start.
- Unreliable website; most of the time down.
Absolutely not. Video or MP3 files are not self-executing programs but just data files. Hence, even if a virus places it code within them, they will remain harmless. If a virus changes such a file, it will most possibly get corrupt and will partially play or not play in your media player software.
A 160 Kbps encoded MP3 file sounds a lot better as compared to the one recorded at 96. However, it takes up more than twice as much disk memory (1.5 MB vs. 700 KB). For MP3s, most users find that 128 Kbps is a good option for the sound quality and file size.
Having said that, we just had a look at the best free MP3 converter tools. Among these options, DVDFab Video Converter is the best converter that is available to convert mp3 to M4R in the market. The tool comes with different features and has the ability to convert MP3 to different formats and vice versa. The tool not only supports different audio formats but also supports various video formats.