Best Online and Offline Tools to Crop MP4 Files
Summary: There are a number of great online and offline video editing tools that you can use to crop MP4 and create professional videos to suffice your needs. This article will introduce you to some of the best online and offline tools that can be used to crop MP4 video files. Read below to know more about the best online and offline that can be used for MP4 crops.
Table of Contents
DVDFab Video Converter is the best editor in the market that can be used to crop MP4 videos. In addition to this, the tool can convert video into different formats. Users can crop off unwanted portions, trim clips from the video, rotate videos, or merge clips into one with the help of this tool. Apart from this, users can also adjust contrast, brightness, and saturation to improve the quality of the video.
Below is the list of features that the tool comes with:
- Comes with an all-New in-built video editor
- Can convert video or audio between more than 1000 formats
- It can freely personalize audio & video parameters
- It has various hardware technologies that can accelerate conversion speed
Follow the below steps to know how to crop MP4 video using this tool.
- Download and install DVDFab 12.
- Click the Convert module on the main screen.
3. Click the + button on the main screen to upload the source video. You can also drag and drop the video to upload it.
4. Once the video is loaded, click on the Video Edit option to open the editor.
5. Once the editor is open, click on the Crop option to crop the video. Move the blue marker present on the timeline to adjust the length of the video.
6. You can also crop the video from all the sides by adjusting the sides manually. Adjust the sides of the videos as per your needs manually.
7. Once done, click OK.
8. Doing this will exit the editor and you will be redirected to the main page. Now, select the desired output format of the file and click start.
9. Wait for the process to end.
Olive is an open-source video editor tool and is used by newbies as well as professionals. Similar to most tools, the cropping option in this tool can be seen in the Effects section. It provides you features such as Top, Left, Bottom, and Right, so that users can decide how many pixels they prefer to crop from every side. Users can also tick Feather to make cropped clips’ blurring edge. In addition to this, users can keyframe the cropping to animate the procedure, so that they can make a different exceptional effects.
If you wish to just drag and resize the crop frame to select the area, this tool might be difficult for you to use. It is not developed as a basic tool for newbies. If you are comfortable knowing how to crop MP4 videos using paid version, then you can go for this tool.
- Support proxy workflow to cope with high-resolution large video files.
- Open-source, lightweight, and free.
- Supports animations to generate a cropping transition.
- Not compatible to process drone videos since the output file may have less frames.
- Less stable and lacks features.
- No preset for the output, making it difficult for new users to manage export settings.
PowerDirector is the next video editing tool in our list. And the best thing is that new users will find it simpler to use. It comes with the cropping tool together with Zoom and Pan. For basic cropping tasks, users can quickly tweak the cropping box to select the region to keep or crop. To enhance the video, users can also create panning effects and zoom in.
- Strong features for other editing tasks such as adjusting speed, cutting, or rotating video.
- Visualized method to crop a video with an in-built crop designer.
- Crop frame can be set at a specific aspect ratio (16:9, 4:3, 1:1, 9:16) or freeform.
- The free version only lets you export video to 720p from 360p.
- Need some learning curve for the new users.
The quick processing speed of this tool is sufficient to make it one of the best crop MP4 online video tools but there are many other sections where it overcomes many other web-based tools. This includes watermark-free, customizable aspect ratio, and well-supported by all widespread browsers such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.
Ezgif is a GIF file maker by design. On the other hand, it can also edit and convert videos due to the availability of a number of editing tools such as resize, reverse, add subtitles, audio mute, etc.
- Widely compatible.
- Free to use.
- No watermark.
- Fast response.
- No access to tweak the outcome format or quality on your own.
- Max file size is 100MB.
- Not supported by IE/Edge browsers.
Animotica is a well-known video editing tool on Microsoft Store that will help you know how to crop an MP4. The cropping feature it provides is a bit different from other tools. It will not change the original aspect ratio and resolution of the output video, but it works in a different way. It will crop as per your needs, and at the same time fill in the missing regions with blurred backgrounds.
This method works nicely if you aim to share the video on Instagram or YouTube. You do not require to worry about unsightly black bars and image distortion. There is no cropping frame for you to crop out a region, rather, the tool offers you dial buttons to crop bottom, top, right, and left. Also, users can tweak the cropping region into stars, heart-shaped, and many more. Basic editing such as adding filters, changing speed, and adding music are available as well.
- Stock background styles to select from after cropping the video.
- Modern design with simple to learn interface.
- Frame by frame editing with a smart wheel to wind between tasks.
- Might not be the kind of cropping function you are looking for.
- The free version only allows you to export video from 360p to 720p.
- Watermark on output files in the free version.
The tool is developed for social media sharing and comes with loads of cropping canvas sizes for Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc. After uploading videos from YouTube, Dropbox, local PC, or even recording a video through the camera of the computer, you can begin to crop the video by dragging the cropping window to remove any unnecessary section of the video.
Lastly, you can download the output to your PC, copy the link to the clipboard, save as a GIF, share it on Twitter, Facebook, or send it via Gmail. Just like offline editing tools, Veed helps you to enhance your cropped video by adding filters, texts, BGM, and images, or elements like shapes, emojis, and sound waves. If you are cropping to enhance a frame, you can also add slow-mo effects to it by tweaking the video speed.
- No account is required.
- Free to use.
- Versatile as offline video croppers.
- Multiple output options.
- Big brand watermark on the output video.
- File limited to 50MB in its free version.
- Automatically add black borders if the cropped video does not fit the preset aspect ratio.
Kapwing is an easy-to-use and trusted online video cropping tool. You can adjust the bounding box with the mouse too fast teak the region that you would like to crop. Moreover, it is super useful for new users to resize videos for instant sharing on social media platforms. As it provides 7 ready-made aspect ratio choices for YouTube/Widescreen, Twitter & Facebook landscape or portrait cover, and other popular sites. Apart from the basic editing features, it provides different advanced editing features normally seen on offline tools such as subtitles, shapes, layers, and images. All these features are available for free.
- Powerful editing capabilities.
- No ads or watermark.
- Instantly share online.
- Do not publish videos for more than 7 minutes.
- Max file size: 500MB.
- Need to log in to get rid of watermarks.
Can I crop video in VLC?
Yes. Upload the video and go to the Upload section. Click on the Upload option. Now, click on it to set it onto the canvas. Next, tap on the Crop option to begin cropping your video.
Does cropping reduce size and resolution?
Yes. Cropping video will reduce the original size and resolution of the source video.
In a nutshell, we just had a look at different videos editing tools that can be used to crop MP4 video. Among those, DVDFab Video Converter is the best option that can be used to crop MP4 files. You can crop off unwanted portions, trim clips from the video, rotate the video, or merge clips into one with the help of this tool. Apart from this, you can also adjust contrast, brightness, and saturation to improve the quality of the video.