Edit MKV - Edit Anything You Want in Your Own Way
Summary: How to Edit MKV Files? The MKV editor in this article is able to convert MKV to MP4 or other popular digital formats, cut MKV, rotate/flip MKV, crop MKV, blur MKV, stabilize MKV, merge MKV and extract subtitles from MKV. You can download this MKV editor on Windows and edit MKV using the options provided by this free software.
- • The best freeware of great help to edit video/audio/image/subtitles
- • Convert/trim/rotate/crop/sharpen/deshake/merge/extract videos and more
- • Convert/trim/denoise/merge/remux/extract audios, etc.
- • Convert Video to GIF, Video to PIC, PIC to Video, GIF to Video
- • Add text, time, image, and render or extract subtitles
Edit MKV in your preferred ways. MKV format is widely used to keep the quality of DVD or Blu-ray files. For example, many people rip DVD to MKV instead of other formats. But do you know MKV file’s excellence in containing multiple video, audio, image and subtitle tracks also makes it hard to play in common players. That’s why you have to convert MKV to MP4 in order to play MKV videos in mobile devices.
Now, let me show you how to convert MKV to MP4 and edit MKV files in other ways. For example, you can extract subtitles from MKV, extract audio from MKV, split MKV, merge MKV files, as well as convert MKV to GIF. There are numerous MKV editors provided.
In order to convert MKV to MP4, you need a video converter to edit MKV files. There are numerous converters in the market. Some are good at MKV to MP4 conversion only. Some can convert MKV to MP4 and many other formats. Here I will list several of them for you choice.
(1) DVDFab Video Converter (Windows/Mac)
This MKV editor supports MKV to MP4, AVI, FLV, M2TS, MP4, MP4 (Theater), TS and MKV to WMV conversion. With this free software, you can also edit MKV metadata, like the video, audio, subtitles and add some video effects to your file. Most importantly, it can edit MKV in batches, so you can import multiple files to this tool. Now, let see how it works.
• Download and install DVDFab Video Converter
• Click the module of “Converter” on the top
• Load your file in batches or in single
• Click the “Profile Switcher” and choose “MP4” format
• Set a video directory at the bottom
• Start to convert MKV to MP4
(2) DVDFab Toolkit (Windows)
Besides using DVDFab Video Converter to edit MKV, DVDFab Toolkit free in 30 days is easier to use. It only supports MKV to MP4. Let’s learn how to use this MKV editor.
• Get DVDFab Toolkit launched in Windows
• Click “Converter” under “Video Tools”
• Import your MKV video
• Choose “MP4” from “Output”
• Edit MKV metadata based on your need (optional)
• Set an output folder
• Start the MKV to MP4 conversion
(3) Other Video Converters for MKV to MP4
Apart from DVDFab Video Converter and DVDFab Toolkit, you can also learn how to edit MKV files by converting MKV to MP4 with other software. Now l will list some MKV to MP4 converters for you.
• VLC Media Player (Windows/Mac)
• CloudConvert (Online)
• file-converter-online.com (Online)
• Online-convert.com (Online)
Do you know the difference between online video converters and offline programs to edit MKV? Online MKV to MP4 converters save you from installing anything, but they work slowly than offline video converters. And most online programs don’t support batch conversion. Sometimes, when you will get your converted file depends on how many people are using the online video converters to edit MKV files.
The easiest way to edit MKV by extracting subtitles from MKV is to ask for DVDFab Toolkit for help. Just one click and you will know how to extract subtitles form MKV. Follow me to learn how to do that. Suppose you have DVDFab Toolkit installed in your Windows, and then click “Extract Subtitles” under “Image Tools” > Load your file > choose preferred subtitle language > extract SRT from MKV or extract AAS from MKV > start MKV extract.
Software you can use for MKV extract:
• DVDFab Video Converter
• MKVToolNix (MKVExtracGUI-2)
For details about extract subtitles from MKV with DVDFab Video Converter, read another article.
Also, you can use DVDFab Toolkit to edit MKV in this way. Click “Extract Audio” under “Audio Tools” on the main interface of this MKV metadata editor. Then load your MKV movie and set the options of “Track, Output, Audio, Channels, Sample Rate, Bit Rate”. At last start to extract audio from MKV.
Other software to extract audio from MKV
• HandBrake and Popcorn
Before you start to edit MKV by splitting it, be clear that “Split MKV file” and “Trim MKV file” and “Cut MKV file” is the same thing. Then software able to do this are numerous. Here, I still want to use DVDFab Toolkit as an example to show you how to split MKV file.
• Click the button of “Trim” under “Video Tools”
• Input your MKV file you are going to edit
• Set the “Start Time” and “End Time” or use the slider on the timeline
• Set video directly and begin to split MKV
Other MKV editor to split MKV
• DVDFab Video Converter
• Free Video Cutter Joiner
• VSDC Free Video Editor
• SolveigMM AVI Trimmer+
• Gihosoft Free Video Cutter
• Media Cope
• Boisoft Video Splitter
• Xilisoft Video Splitter
• Free MKV Splitter
If you want to how to split MKV with DVDFab Video Converter, refer to another article.
Are there a series of MKV video clips you want to merge without getting any watermark? Then ask DVDFab Toolkit for help if you want MKV merge Windows, or let DVDFab Video Converter do you a favor if you expect MKV merge Mac. Then how about learning how to merge MKV files with DVDFab Toolkit?
• Get DVDFab Toolkit downloaded
• Click “Merge” under “Video Tools”
• Import MKV videos as many as possible
• Customize “Title, Output, Resolution and Frame Rate”
• Click the button of “Click”
• Wait for MKV merge download
Other programs to merge MKV files
• Clideo (Online)
• MKVtoolnix GUI
• Boilsoft Video Joiner
How to edit MKV by converting MKV to GIF? The simplest way to do it is to use DVDFab Toolkit. You can finish MKV to GIF in just several clicks even if you are a beginner. Now let’s learn how to edit MKV in this way.
• Launch DVDFab Toolkit
• Click “Video to GIF” under “Image Tools”
• Import your file
• Set the GIF duration, size, lopping time, etc.
• Start Video to GIF
Other software to edit MKV by video to GIF
Have I made it clear about how to edit MKV by “convert MKV to MP4”, “split MKV file”, “merge MKV file”, “extract subtitles from MKV”, “extract audio from MKV” and “MKV to GIF”? Like me, you can use DVDFab Toolkit to solve all these problems. Instead, you can use any of the video editors I have recommended either offline or online to edit MKV files. By the way, if you want to edit MKV metadata like rightness, DVDFab Video Converter is good at it.