How to Convert MPEG to MP3 Without Quality Loss
2019-03-29 00:25:03 Posted by Amanda709
Summary: Why do you need to convert MPEG to MP3 and How to achieve the conversion without any quality loss? Here we will guide you to learn it.
MPEG and MP3 are two very popular formats that you’ve likely already come across on more than one occasion. MPEG files can contain more than one type of data but they tend to be larger in size so it’s sometimes a good idea to convert MPEG to MP3 if you want to only keep the audio track while also gaining some storage space in the process. Converting from MPEG to MP3 without any quality loss can be tricky but today we’re going to show you some tools that will allow you to do exactly that.
Part 1: MPEG vs MP3
MPEG is an abbreviation for the Moving Pictures Experts Group, which is an initiative first established back in the late 80s to set proper standards for video and audio compression. There are various categories of MPEG files, each of which deals with certain aspects of video and/or audio compression. These categories are known simply as MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-3, and MPEG-4.
MP3 is the most popular encoding format for digital audio files and has been for many years now. The format is lightweight and capable of retaining good audio quality even after compression. Another thing that makes MP3 is so popular is the fact that it is compatible with pretty much any media player you can think off across all operating systems so you’re unlikely to run into any issues when trying to play these types of files.
A head-to-head MP3 vs MPEG comparison reveals that there are plenty of differences between the two formats. The most obvious one, of course, is that MPEG files can hold multiple types of data while MP3s are meant exclusively for audio. An interesting thing to note about MP3 is that this format is part of the MPEG compression standard mentioned above. The name of the format is actually just a shortened version of MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3. MPEG files can come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes depending on which category they fit it. For example, the MPEG-4 category includes MPEG-4 Part 14 files, better known as MP4s, which can be used for many different purposes. MP3 files, on the other hand, are much more limited in their use and are only really meant to audio tracks.
Part 2: How to Convert MPEG to MP3 Losslessly
Converting MPEG to MP3 without any loss of quality can be achieved by using a tool like DVDFab Video Converter. The software is a very powerful converter that can work with a wide range of different video and audio formats, including of course MPEG and MP3. In addition, DVDFab Video Converter also comes equipped with many useful editing and customization tools along with a very user-friendly UI that makes the whole conversion process as intuitive and simple as possible. Here’s how it works:
1. Launch DVDFab 11 and navigate to the Converter module to get started. Load the MPEG files you want to convert by using the drag & drop method or by clicking the large “+” button in the center of the UI.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher in the upper left corner to change the format of the output. The option we’re going to pick in this example is Format -> Audio -> MP3 because we want to do an MPEG to MP3 conversion but feel free to pick a different format if you want to convert to something else.
3. As an optional step, you can use the Advanced Settings menu to make certain changes to the output, such as the sample rate, bit rate, channels, split or volume.
4. Finally, use the bottom menu if you want to pick a different destination folder and then click the Start button to begin the MPEG to MP3 conversion.
Part 3: How to Convert MPEG to MP3 Freely With an Online Converter
In this last section, we’re going to show you how to use an online MPEG to MP3 file converter that you can use for free. The website we’re going to use is known simply as Online Converter and offers various types of conversion tools for things such as video files, audio files, images, ebooks, documents, and more. This is a very easy to use tool that’s perfect if you don’t want to download any new software to your machine.
1. Visit the official Online Converter website and click the Audio Converter option.
2. Select “Convert to MP3” in the first dropdown menu and click “Go”.
3. On the next page use the dropdown menu to select the “MPEG to MP3” option and then upload your file.
4. Click the Convert button and wait until the tool finishes processing your file.
There are quite a few differences between MPEG and MP3 but the most important thing to remember is that one format can hold multiple types of data while the other is only used for audio. As for how to convert MPEG to MP3, we wholeheartedly recommend checking out DVDFab Video Converter because it’s fast, easy to use, and offers a lot of extra features that can be very useful.
Read here, you have known the similarities and difference between MPEG and MP3 and how to convert the MPEG to MP3. Then would you like to play the MPEG files? We tested 5 best MPEG players for windows 10, click the link to learn.