Playing MKV on Xbox One Made Simple with This Tool
Summary: One of the drawbacks of Xbox One and Xbox 360 was they cannot be used for playing MKV on Xbox One and Xbox 360. Yet, both the devices have the ability to stream media to themselves from PC. The Xbox has quite some limitations when it comes to input formats and only AVI, WMV, MPEG-4, and H.264 are supported with Xbox One and Xbox 360 and hence the dream of playing MKV files on Xbox One for some users is shattered. It's impossible to play MKV files for enjoyment to Xbox. If you actually wish to play MKV files on Xbox One, you will require converting the MKV files to a completely playable and supported format with Xbox.
Table of Contents
- Use DVDFab Video Converter for Playing MKV on Xbox One
Opposing to well-known belief, MKV files are not a video or audio compression format. MKV files are in fact multimedia container formats. An MKV container can add video, audio, and subtitles into a single file—even if those components use different kinds of encoding. For instance, users can have a MKV file that has something like MP3 or AAC for audio and H.264 video.
MKV container files were developed to be future proof, indicating that the files will not become obsolete. Matroska developers added different major features to make this happen, such as:
- Chapter, menu, and metadata support
- Fast seeking
- Capability of online streaming
- Different selectable video and audio streams
- Error recovery, which permits corrupted files to be able to playback
- Subtitle (soft-coded and hard-coded) support
The MKV container itself also supports almost any video and audio format, making the format easy to use and most adaptive.
Since MKV is not an industry standard, not all devices show support for it. However, the support for this format has increased rapidly. Playing MKV files on Xbox One shows a green screen when there are not appropriate codecs present. Hence, users have the following options for playing MKV files: downloading the appropriate codecs for the media player you prefer, using an MKV compatible media player, or converting the files into a different compatible format suitable for your device.
If you are too facing MKV not playing on Xbox One issues, then converting them to a compatible format is the best option that you can use. And UniFab Video Converter is the most capable video converter tool that can convert video MKV files to a desired format compatible with Xbox One. Apart from this, the tool comes with different other features. Have a look:
- Different formats supported: This video converter supports different media formats and can convert them from more than 1000 options. In addition to this, the converter also provides the metadata of the media file sources, especially for TV shows.
- Enhanced video editor: The video converter offers an in-built video editing feature. It allows you to crop off unwanted parts, trim clips from the video, rotate video, or merge clips into one. You can add titles or subtitles with special effects or background music to the video. You can also add a premium opener or intro to introduce their video.
- Quick conversion: The tool is developed with an easy UI and can process any media conversion task faster.
- Personalized media parameters: It has the ability to completely control the end video. The tool allows users to change the video and audio parameters with different options. In addition to this, users can compress video with the right size and quality for sharing on social networks such as YouTube or playback on mobile devices.
- Enlarger AI: Enlarger AI feature helps in upgrading the poor-quality video to higher quality, thereby offering the best viewing experience to the users.
Follow the below steps to know how to convert MKV files using this tool.
Select the MKV video you want to convert, and add it into UniFab Video Converter.
Customize the format and video resolution you want, then, click the Start button to convert your MKV video.
There are tons of online MKV to Xbox converters on the web. For instance, you can convert MKV to Xbox 360 to Xbox One online for free with a Video converter, Filezigzag, FreeConvert, Convertio, and many more such online converting platforms.
Absolutely. The USB flash drive requires to be formatted in FAT32, FAT16, HTFS, or exFAT. Connect the USB drive into your PC and convert MKV to Xbox compatible format. Next, you can connect this USB external drive into any of the USB ports of Xbox 360 or Xbox One. Open the Media Player application to view videos on the device.
Of course. There is a feature named VLC 360, which can play the desktop MKV files on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. In addition to this, users can also use VLC to convert MKV to Xbox One/360 supported formats.
It is possible. Users need to set up a DLNA server on their PC first. For users using the Windows platform, they can go to Windows Media Player and navigate to the Control Panel. Now, you need to look for Media streaming options in the Network & Sharing Center section. Just tap Turn on media streaming for MKV video streaming on the Xbox option.
All in all, you just had a look at the best converter in the market that can be used for playing MKV files on Xbox One. We saw that UniFab Video Converter is the most capable video converter tool that can convert video MKV files to a desired format compatible with Xbox One.