Please open Common Settings window, click on "Diagnosis", make sure that all the log files are enabled (DVDFab_internal.log, DVDFab_burn_vso.log, DVDFab_process.log) before you use DVDFab, if they are not, you won't get the log files saved.
The default location of your logs is:
Win7--C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
XP--C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
Please locate the "DVDFab" folder following that path, and then zip the "log" sub-folder in "DVDFab" folder and send it to service@DVDFab.cn. We will check where the problem is..
Please check which standard (PAL, NTSC or SECAM) your original movie disc is and your standalone DVD player supports. We don't touch the conversion between them now, so the burnt disc still keeps the standard of the original disc. If the standard can not be supported by your standalone DVD player, you will get the "area limitations" notice.
As far as game DVD is mentioned, DVDFab currently only copies game DVDs for PS2. Please use DVDFab DVD Copy - Clone mode to do that. We will support other game DVDs in future.
ISO is the image file of the DVD which can be mounted by many virtual drive programs. If you can get ISO read by such programs, you can get it played or ripped like a standard DVD movie. Since it can be stored on your hard disk, as long as you have enough free space on your hard drive, it is very convenient.
You just need to click on the ISO button (beside the folder icon) to choose a target location to copy. Then you will get the ISO file in your save location.
If you can't find the copied ISO files, please open "My Computer"--> click on "Tools" in the upper left, choose "Folder Options", then click on the "View" tab-->Scroll down in the "Advanced Settings" area and cancle the "Hide extensions for known file types" box in it-->Click on "Apply", then you will find the iso files.
Please open "Common Settings" window, click on "Write" in the left navigation bar, choose a lower write speed for your need.
There should be some files on original movie disc that can't be open or read, in this case, you can try either of the following:
1. Clean this movie disc and your drive tray first, and then insert the disc in to see if DVDFab can read it successully;
2. Go to the retail shop to change the disc for a new one if it is newly purchased;
3. Open "Common Settings" window, click on "Read", select "Ignore all the reading errors automatically", then try again to see the result;
4. Go to "Common Settings/Pathplayer" setting panel, deactivate pathplayer to copy this DVD again to see if this works.
"DVD-5 or DVD-9" refer to different types of disks in capacities. DVD-5 (Single layer) disk usually has around 4.7GB free space, while DVD9 (Double layer) 8.5GB.
1. Please set the Writable Media Size at the bottom of DVDFab main screen. If you have set as "DVD-9", you would be asked a dual-layer disc.
Choose DVD-5, DVDFab will compress the material to make it fit one DVD-5 disc; Choose DVD-9, DVDFab will make a copy with no compression and burn to double/dual layer blank disc.
2. Please set 4300 as Writable media (DVD-5) size in Common Settings/Write window, then recompress your DVD to DVD-5 size for fitting on to a DVD5 blank media.
Yes, you can. DVDFab offers multiple options on choosing your favorite burning engines, you can make your own configuration at Common Settings->Write->Burning Engine, currently, there are four options available: DVDFab Burning Engine, VSO Burning Engine, Nero Burning ROM, and ImgBurn.
In this case, please do as suggested below:
1. Insert original disc into DVD/Blu-ray drive, run DVDFab to open it.
NOTE: even if DVDFab fails to open the disc, you still can go to step 2.
2. Open "Common Settings -> Info" window, choose the correct DVD/Blu-ray drive, click "Save Info Files" button.
3. ZIP the info files and rename the zipped folder, like Stealth_UK.zip.
4. Send the zip file (Stealth_UK.zip) to us, then we will check where the problem is.
Thanks in advance for your patience.
Please specify the a) full title, b) region code, c) country, d) release date and e) the type (HD/Blu-Ray or regular DVD) of the disc that you're having issues with. Then we will check what the problem is. Thanks!
Storewide 20% Off is available.
Go copy and apply the coupon code:
when you arriving at the checkout page.
Notice that this coupon is only valid till:
Mar 27, 2017
Get FREE $20 Amazon Gift Card
The Universal Master Key
for All Protected DVDs & Blu-rays.
World's Best DVD Combo
to Tackle All DVD Copying/
Burning/Cloning/ Ripping Issues