Best AVI to MOV Converter You Can Have
Summary: Videos in today’s era are available in different formats such as MP4, AVI, MOV, and many more. However, most video creators prefer the AVI format, even though it is not used and supported widely. This format is normally not supported by most media players and mobile devices, as well. Hence, users feel the need to convert videos from AVI to MOV or MP4. And in order to do this, you will definitely need an AVI to MOV converter. If you are one of such users looking to convert AVI to MOV, then this article will definitely help you. Read below to know more about the best MOV converters and how to convert MOV to AVI.
Table of Contents
DVDFab Video Converter is one of the best MOV to AVI converter tools that is available in the market. The tool has the ability to convert video and audio files to various formats with tailored output results. The tool is available in two versions— DVDFab Video Converter Standard and DVDFab Video Converter Pro. The tool supports basic video editing features, including cropping, trimming, or adding background music as well as subtitles to videos. In addition to this, it also offers enhanced video editing features including adding transitions, filters, and overlays to videos; speech & text conversion; green screen cut-out; and many more. The tool also offers over 20 audio and video editing features that can each be used separately.
- Powerful Video Converter
DVDFab Video Converter Pro is an excellent tool that converts media to different video and audio formats. It also has the ability to perform simple editing and adjust the different parameters. Also, it can:
Convert videos to any audio or video format.
Convert videos for playback on home theater systems and different mobile devices.
Support 1000+ video formats.
- Powerful Video Editor
The tool provides the option to edit video in the form of its video editor. The editor is simple to use and has an intuitive UI. It allows users to create eye-catching videos with professional features and tools. Users create video projects to suffice their needs. Additionally, it can:
Rotate, speed up, or enhance video clips.
Support hundreds of overlays, filters, and transitions.
Blend audios, videos, and images all into one.
- Great Multimedia Editing Toolbox
The tool offers Toolkit, an editing toolbox that includes different features. It is composed of video and audio editing widgets that each perform different features. Apart from this, the tool has the following features:
Supports audio, video, and image conversion.
Comes with more than 20 handy tools.
Able to make GIFs or take screenshots from videos.
Able to trim, convert, rotate, or crop videos.
Able to extract audio or subtitles from videos.
Follow the below steps to know how to convert AVI to MOV using this tool.
- Begin by downloading and installing the DVDFab Video Converter on your PC.
- Launch the tool and click on the Video Converter option on the main screen.
- Choose the format in which you wish to convert. In addition to this, you can also select a preferred resolution for your output, along with other parameters.
- Click the Start button to begin the conversion process of your video from AVI to MOV.
- Great video converter
- Great video editor
- No ads
- The price is a bit too high, but it is totally worth the features it offers.
HandBrake is the next convert in our list and is free to use. This powerful AVI to MOV converter supports different operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. The tool has the ability for presetting and supports quick conversion. The tool is popular as a free video converter for Mac, but not well-known by Windows users. While it does not mean that HandBrake should be ignored by Windows users, the tool is a great option for video conversion on different OS.
- Apart from video conversion, the tool can add filters to the videos and crop videos.
- The tool supports multiple platforms for users to convert videos.
- Chances are high that the tool contains malware.
- Users have to wait for a long time for updates to the tool.
UniConverter is one of the most suggested AVI to MOV converters for Windows as well as Mac users. The tool is specifically developed for converting media files into various formats. Hence, users will get quick conversion speed and great video quality. This video converter tool lets users to transfer videos on mobile devices after converting the videos successfully.
- Users can convert any audio and video formats to over 150 formats.
- The tool provides lossless conversion quality and has 90 times faster conversion speed.
- Apart from video conversion, users can download, burn, edit, and transfer videos.
- Highly-priced as compared to the features it offers
Any Video Converter Free is the next converter in our list and supports Mac and Windows platforms. The tool also shows support for converting a number of media file formats. Users can use it to convert online videos and offline videos. When you are watching a YouTube video, users can use this tool to download the video as per their needs. Video editing features are also present in this converter.
- The tool has the ability to support multiple formats, like AVI to GIF.
- The tool supports converting offline and online videos quickly.
- Users are able to add filters, trim, and add different effects to the video.
- The free edition has limited features and users need to shell money for advanced features.
Freemake Video Converter is an online converter that has the features of flexible and fast conversion. The tool excellently supports output and input formats. The tool not only just converts videos from your local folder but also downloads online videos to a particular format that is required. The in-built editing tools permit you to tailor the videos.
- It is a great yet simple-to-use video converter.
- Users can use the tool to edit, convert, and download audio and videos files.
- Some of its features will be locked for the first time and you have to wait a few days for the tool to unlock the features.
This Free Video Converter is a simple and quick converter and works online. Post conversion, users will get a great output quality. Also, the tool supports batch conversion. Hence, users can import more than one file to the tool and convert them all at once. The tool supports a huge number of formats for import, and also allows users to get tons of output formats.
- You can mix different AVI videos into one MOV file.
- It is simple to use with an easy UI.
- The conversion speed is very quick.
- The tool leaves a watermark on video post-conversion.
- Users have limited options for the conversion.
Can I convert AVI to MP4 with VLC?
Yes. All you have to do is follow the below steps:
- On the top bar in the VLC menu click Media.
- Next, click on Convert/Save.
- In the Open Media section, click on Add to select videos you wish to convert.
- Tap on Convert/Save at the bottom to begin the conversion process.
Is AVI the best video format?
This is a subjective question. Some users think not and some users think positively. A majority of users says that AVI is one of the most popular audio-video formats. Even though being one of the best quality video formats, AVI is fading away as compared to modern video file formats. It is still broadly supported and deserves consideration from any significant creator.
Is MOV obsolete?
Not yet! The MOV file format is not fading away any soon. There is full support for MOV in different modern media tools, even though moving forward there are some restrictions on features.
Having said that, we just had a look at different tools that can be used to convert AVI to MOV. From the all options that were mentioned, DVDFab Video Converter is the best option that you have got. The tool offers enhanced video editing features including adding transitions, filters, and overlays to videos; speech & text conversion; green screen cut-out; and many more. The tool also offers over 20 audio and video editing features that can each be used separately. Hence, it is the best option that users have got.