How to Change Video Resolution
Summary: In this article, you will learn how to change the video resolution in different ways on different devices. There are some software recommended to help you change your video resolution.
The need for knowing how to change video resolution emerges with the desire for a better watching experience. To achieve this goal, there are several stages that matter a lot if you want a video with 4K or even 8K resolution. First, you can decide the video resolution when you download it. Second, you can change video resolution when a video is ripped. Third, you can increase video resolution when it is converted. Now, follow me to know how to change the video resolution in the three stages. I will recommend you several software to let you know how to change video resolution.
Table of Contents
- Change Video Resolution during Video Download
- Change Video Resolution during Video Ripping
- Change Video Resolution during Video Conversion
- Change Video Resolution While Converting DVD to Blu-ray
DVDFab Video Enhancer AI
- Improve video quality up to 4k automatically
- One of the few video enhancers supported by Artificial Intelligence
- Upscale old videos to a better quality
- Work fast without quality loss
- The best video enhancer offering a free trial up to 30 days without limitations
- Easy-to-use and suitable for both beginner and expert
How to use DVDFab Video Enhancer AI to improve video quality automatically:
- Download and install this video enhancer on Windows
- Launch it and add your videos
- Select an AI Model like For Movie Video, For Home Video, and For Web Video
- Set output format, resolution, bitrate
- Click the button of Start
Then, DVDFab Video Enhancer AI will work fast to upscale your video automatically. There is no need for you to worry about the image contrast, color, brightness, saturation, noise, etc., since this AI video enhancer trained by machine learning models will set all of these parameters based on users’ preference.
When you wander in YouTube, Facebook and other websites, it is inevitable to be fascinated by some amusing and inspiring videos, so you couldn’t help downloading them. What if the video you are going to download with a low resolution? Is there any way to increase video resolution during it is being downloaded. Yes. DVDFab Video Downloader can show you how to change video resolution when you download videos from YouTube, Facebook and other social media. Now, let’s get down to how to change video resolution during video download with the help of DVDFab Video Downloader.
Compatible with Windows and Mac, DVDFab Video Downloader is reckoned to be downloaded and installed with three clicks, and no other applications will be followed at the same time. It is free and easy to use.
- After launching DVDFab Video Downloader, you need to click the “Little Triangle” in the upper-right corner > “Settings” to set the interface language and decide where to store your files
- Search your video using the built-in browser like YouTube, Facebook and others you like, or input the video URL to locate your video
- Click the button of Download icon, choose “Video” and you will ask to choose video resolution ranging from “8K UHD - 4320p” to “4K UHD - 2160P”, Full HD - 1080p” and “HD - 720P”
- Locate the downloading video by clicking “Downloading” in the left navigational column
In this way, you can increase video resolution while downloading it, if your source video is of low resolution.
Is there any DVD/Blu-ray videos to be ripped, so that you can enjoy them on portable devices like a mobile phone or laptop? I guess you must have more than a DVD/Blu-ray video in hand. Would you like the ripped video to keep the same video resolution with the source video, or increase the video resolution of the original video, making it clearer? Let DVDFab DVD Ripper or Blu-ray Ripper do you a favor.
Also, with three clicks you can get DVDFab DVD Ripper, which is one of the powerful modules in DVDFab 12. With the help of Enlarger AI— an video upscaler, your output videos can be upscaled by 300% reaching 1080p.
- Start DVDFab DVD Ripper and choose the module of “Ripper”
- Input your 2D or 3D videos in DVD disc, DVD folder or a DVD ISO file by clicking the “+” icon
- Click the “Profile Switcher” option and choose the output format like MKV or MP4
- Enable the function of “Enlarger AI” to increase your video resolution
- Set output directory and start ripping the DVD video
Through this way, your ripped file can get a higher video resolution than before.
In terms of a downloaded video with a low video resolution, what to do to increase video resolution while enhancing the video from various aspects? DVDFab Video Converter is going to give you the best answer. Now, follow me to learn how to change video resolution with DVDFab Video Converter.
Similar to DVDFab DVD Ripper, DVDFab Video Converter is also part of DVDFab 12. You are expected to download this software and use it with reliance.
- Open DVDFab Video Converter and click the module of “Converter”
- Load your video to this software by clicking the “+” at the center
- Click that marked place and choose your preferred output format
- Enable the function of “Enlarger AI” by clicking it
- Set the output directory to get an AI upscaling video.
Besides changing video resolution to make your source video more clear, DVDFab Video Converter also helps to customize your video. When your video information is displayed on the main interface, have you ever seen the “Wrench icon” and the “Pen icon”? They are “Advanced Settings” and “Video Edit” tools. Use “Advanced Settings”, you can customize your video, audio, and subtitle. Using “Video Edit”, you can add text/music to your videos, and you can also trim the video or set its video properties. Most importantly, remember the fundamental function of DVDFab Video Converter, that is, convert video formats to any mainstream video or audio formats.
Simply increasing video resolution can never make your video perfect, unless you are empowered by artificial intelligence, the new but the most advanced technology. With the help of “Enlarger AI”, you can optimize your DVD video to the largest extent. Now, let me show you how to upscale DVD videos when it is converted to Blu-ray files with the DVDFab DVD to Blu-ray Converter.
DVDFab DVD to Blu-ray Converter is also part of DVDFab 12. Download and install DVDFab 12 and then you are allowed to use the Enlarger AI function to increase video resolution.
- Launch DVDFab 12 and click the module of “Copy”
- Choose the mode of “To Blu-ray”
- Load your DVD videos to this software
- Enable the function of “Enlarger AI” listed below
- Set the output directory and start the conversion
Through this way, you can convert DVD videos to Blu-ray videos and increase video resolution.
In addition to the video resolution changers above, other DVDFab alternatives can also be of great help to increase video resolution, such as “VideoSolo Video Converter” compatible with Windows and Mac, “Movavi Video Converter” compatible with Windows and Mac, “ QuickTime” compatible with Mac, as well as “Udemy” compatible with Android and iPhone.
After the video resolution changes, the size of your video will change accordingly. Besides these tools I have recommended, you can also try some online video resolution change tools and learn how to change a video resolution size. To add more effects to your videos, you can make use of the video enhancement software as well.
These are effective ways helpful for you to figure out how to change video resolution, especially to increase video resolution. You can turn video resolution up when you download it. You can also change video resolution higher than before when your rip it. Most importantly, you can convert a 720p video to 1080p with DVDFab Video Converter while you are changing the video format and adding video effects. Choose any software or online tool to change video resolution on your Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone.