How to Convert VOB to MP4?
Summary: Want to convert VOB to widely supported MP4 format? Read the article to find the VOB to MP4 converters and to do the conversion job without any hassle.
Video Object, better known as VOB, is an extension generally associated with movie files and found on many DVD discs. Similar to MP4, VOB is a multimedia container that can hold not only digital video but also audio, subtitles, navigation menus, and more. But unlike MP4, VOB files aren’t as easy to play using traditional multimedia playback software. There are certain types of players that do support this format but usually, it’s a better idea to simply convert VOB to MP4 using a specialized tool. But which tool should you use? Well, that’s exactly what we’re going to talk about today, so let’s start off with the very best tool for that job.
Part 1: How to Convert VOB to MP4 Using DVDFab Video Converter
DVDFab Video Converter is a very powerful piece of software that can handle video-to-video or video-to-audio conversions between many different types of formats. That includes not only the ability to convert VOB files to MP4 but also AVI, WMV, M2TS, MKV, and countless other formats. The converter can even handle 4K and 3D files so there’s support for pretty much everything. Not only that but DVDFab Video Converter is extremely fast and includes various editing and customization tools that allow you to modify files to your liking. Below is an example of how to convert VOB to MP4 with this software, which is available both on Windows and Mac.
1. Open the new DVDFab 11 main client and access the Converter module, which can be found in the top menu. Load the VOB file you want to convert by using the traditional drag & drop method or by clicking “Add” and then navigating to that file’s location.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher (upper left corner of the UI) to select the output format. We’re doing a VOB to MP4 conversion in this example so we’re going to select the Format tab and then the MP4 option. You can use the same process to convert to other video formats or pick Format -> Audio if you want to do a video-to-audio conversion instead.
3. Before we proceed with the VOB to MP4 conversion, we’re going to take a couple of minutes to make a couple of changes. You can use the main UI to quickly change the video quality but if you want to see a few more options click the Advanced Settings button. Here, you can also change the encoding method, frame rate, video resolution, and make changes related to the audio, among other things. Meanwhile, if you’re looking to crop or trim the file, click the Video Edit button to bring up a different menu. While you’re there, you can also add external subtitles or watermarks if needed.
4. Once everything looks good, use the bottom menu to pick a suitable location for the new file and then simply click the green Start button to initiate the VOB to MP4 conversion.
Part 2: How to Convert VOB to MP4 Using Free and Online Converters
FreeMake Video Converter
Just as its name indicates, FreeMake Video Converter is a free tool that specializes in video conversion. The tool has good format support and offers a few basic editing tools, though nothing really special. A downside of the software is that it adds by default a small watermark to any file it processes, which can be a bit annoying. Aside from that, though, FreeMake Video Converter is overall a pretty option if you’re looking to convert VOB to MP4.
1. Open FreeMake Video Converter and click on the Video button to load the VOB file you want to convert to MP4.
2. Click the scissors icon to bring up the menu that contains the basic editing tools we mentioned earlier. Make the necessary changes and then close the menu.
3. Look for the option labeled “to MP4” in the bottom menu. Click it and then select a present and a destination folder for the new file.
4. Finally, click the Convert button and then wait until the software finishes processing your file.
Free VOB to MP4 Converter
The name tells you everything you need to know about this tool. Free VOB to MP4 Converter is a very straightforward tool that does exactly what you would expect. Given that the software was designed with such a specific purpose in mind, there aren’t any advanced features to work with or the possibility to convert to other formats. That said, if all you need is a simple VOB to MP4 conversion, this tool is actually pretty good.
1. Open Free VOB to MP4 Converter and click the folder or file icons to load your source.
2. Use the Start, Stop, and Volume buttons in the Preview window to take a look at the output video before you convert it.
3. Click the Browse button to change the destination folder if necessary.
4. Tick the file you wish to convert (you can select multiple at a time) and then click the “Convert Selected” button to initiate the conversion.
If you don’t want to download any tools and would rather convert VOB to MP4 online, we recommend checking out Online-Convert. The online tool isn’t exactly pretty to look at but it gets the job done pretty well and offers some nice customization options to boot.
1. Visit the Online-Convert website and click the Video Converter menu. Select the option that says Convert to MP4.
2. Either upload the file from your computer or use a third-party service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
3. Feel free to use the many customization options to make changes to the file.
4. Click the Start Conversion button and then hit Download once the file has been processed.
Knowing how to convert VOB to MP4 can be very useful and hopefully, this article helped you learn more about how this process works and which tools to use. As you can see, there are several good options to choose from but if you’re looking for the fastest and more efficient option, we recommend trying out DVDFab Video Converter. Not only will you get the best possible quality but you’ll also gain access to a lot more features compared to any of the free or online video converters out there.