3 Methods to Convert M2TS to MKV Easily
2019-03-19 08:45:28 Posted by Amanda491
Summary: Althouth M2TS is a popular file format, many of media players are still unable to properly support it, so you may need to convert it to another format, M2TS to MKV conversion has no decrease in quality, here we tested 3 very efficient methods of converting M2TS to MKV.
M2TS is a popular file format most commonly associated with Blu-ray discs that acts as a container for video, audio, and other types of data. Despite the increasing popularity of the format, plenty of media players are still unable to properly support it, which is why sometimes you may need to convert such files to another format. M2TS to MKV conversion is one of the most common methods as there’s virtually no decrease in quality thanks to the fact that MKV is also a container for all the types of data found in M2TS. Another benefit of this particular conversion is that it can save you a lot of space since MKV files tend to be smaller in size when compared to M2TS. With that in mind, let’s take a look at three very efficient methods of converting M2TS to MKV.
Part 1: Convert M2TS to MKV with DVDFab Video Converter
DVDFab Video Converter is the best method for whenever you want to convert M2TS to MKV on Mac on Windows. The software supports pretty much any type of format you can think of and always gets the job done easily and efficiently. Plus, DVDFab Video Converter is very intuitive and user-friendly, which makes it a great pick for users of all skill levels. Another benefit of using this particular software is that it also acts as a very powerful video editor and customizer, therefore giving you more control over the final output. We’re only using a small M2TS sample file in the example below but you can just as easily convert entire movies with this software without having to worry about any sort of quality loss. Here’s how it works:
1. Launch DVDFab 11 and go to the Converter module located in the top menu. Next, load the M2TS file you want to convert either by using the “Add” button or by simply dragging and dropping the file inside the UI.
2. Go to the Profile Switcher found in the upper left corner to pick the desired format for the output. Since we’re doing an M2TS to MKV conversion in this example, we’re going to pick the Format -> MKV option in the Profile Switcher. Feel free to use the same method but pick a different option if you want to convert to a different format.
3. If you want to make certain adjustments to the video, click the Advanced Settings button to open up the customization menu or the Video Edit button next to it to open up the editing menu.
4. Finally, use the bottom menu to change the destination folder if necessary and then press the Start button to initiate the conversion process.
Part 2: Convert M2TS to MKV Freely with Handbrake
Handbrake is a popular open-source video transcoder that’s available for free on Windows, Mac, and Linux. The software is very useful as it allows you to both convert and edit videos, though you don’t have as many options to work with as you would with a professional tool. On the other hand, Handbrake is very easy to use thanks to its minimalistic interface and doesn’t eat up a lot of resources so it works quite well as a lightweight tool that you can use for basic conversions and editing work. Here’s how to convert M2TS to MKV using this tool:
1. Open Handbrake and either directly drop the file you want to convert or use the File/Folder options to load your source.
2. Go to the Format menu found under the Summary tab and select the MKV option.
3. Use any of the other tabs such as Filters, Dimensions or Video to make any modifications you may want for the output file.
4. Click the Browse button near the bottom to select a destination folder and then click the Start Encode button in the top menu to begin the conversion process.
Part 3: Convert M2TS to MKV with MakeMKV
MakeMKV is a simple tool that was designed specifically to work with MKV files, just as its name indicates. There aren’t a whole lot of tools to work with here, however, the software can also be used as a ripper as it has the ability to convert files directly from DVD and Blu-ray discs. Here’s how to convert M2TS to MKV using this tool:
1. Open MakeMKV and select the source, which can be a disc or a file already found on your computer.
2. Choose the titles you want to convert and then click the folder icon to select the output destination.
3. Click the Make MKV button and wait until the process is complete.
Although there are more tools out there that allow you to convert M2TS to MKV files, we recommend first trying one of the methods we discussed today because they are very easy to use and quite efficient. However, if you’re only interested in the most reliable method, that’s clearly DVDFab Video Converter thanks to the fact that it’s a premium piece of software that works very fast and offers a wide range of other useful features as well.
If you have read this article this far, you must have known the easily way about how to convert M2TS to MKV. Then would you like to convert M2TS or MKV
to 4k uhd disc/iso or create your own 4K UHD videos in no time? How to burn videos to 4K Ultra HD blu-ray will show you the best way.