6 Best Ways to Download Google Drive Video to Local Devices in 2023
Summary: "How to download google drive video" to various physical devices? This is what we are going to address in this article. So read it thoroughly to find the best solutions.
Table of Contents
- How to Download Google Drive Video to Your Local Device?
Google Drive becomes the opening selection of users to store data on clouds as it freely supports saving 15GB of the data. But google drive migrates 15 GB with google photos and Gmail. After running out of unlimited storage space for uncompressed pictures on Google Photos, you must move out of this free storage space.
Videos consume more space in the cloud. If you do not intend to advance your account to attain more storage space and continue using this service, you have to download videos from Google Drive to local devices. It is the simplest mode to free up your Google Drive storage. In the meantime, this is a great way to back up your data.
But the question is here, "how to download google drive video" to various physical devices? With a powerful video downloader or via other approaches? This is what we are going to address in this article. So read it thoroughly to find the best solutions;
For most solutions, downloading google drive videos to local devices was only possible if you had permission. But what if you are not allowed by the owner? Still, you can grab the desired video even if the owner does not permit you. Here is how it is possible：
StreamFab Video Downloader is the best choice for those who do not have access to a google drive video but still want to download it on their device. It will allow you to download streaming video without affecting the actual quality. Using it, you can download videos from google drive via their subtitles and other information. The downloaded videos will be compatible with multiple device formats.
- Windows, Mac, and Android are supported.
- It will allow you to download Google Drive videos in high quality and their subtitles.
- You can download multiple google drive videos at one time for any device.
- The program provides constant updates to give a smooth user experience.
- You can download videos from 1000+ websites in addition to Google Drive, such as Netflix, HBO, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
- It is free from all virus threats, 100% clean, and safe.
- Fast speed and user-friendly interface.
How to download Google drive videos using StreamFab Video Downloader?
- Download and install StreamFab video downloader for free.
- Once installation is complete, go to your desktop and click on the StreamFab icon to open it.
- Here you will see the main interface, click on the search bar.
- Enter the google drive link and search it.
- Click on “Go to drive”.
- Sign in to your account.
- After loging in, explore your desired video and click on the download button to save it in your system. The above-mentioned steps is also applicable for users to download blob video.
It is easily possible to download one by one files or sync google drive to your computer for direct video downloading. However, the first option is best if you need to download a particular file. But the second option is suitable for those who want to make a physical backup of their google drive.
Remember: You can download a video from google drive only if the owner grants you access. Besides this, it is not possible to download with "comment" or "view" access.
Here are the easiest steps to download Google Drive videos to your computer:
- Visit the google drive website, click on "Go to Google Drive", and sign in to your account.
- Now select the video file you want to grab.
- To select more than one file, hold CTRL-key while clicking on the required files.
- Tap on the "Menu" icon from the top of the screen and choose "More Actions."
- Finally, tap on the "Download option."
Your selected video files will be downloaded and transferred to your PC in a zip file format. You can right-click on them and choose "Extract All" to unzip. After it, select the file or folder you need to migrate the videos.
Here is another method to synchronize data from Google Drive to your windows computer in the following way:
- Download and install "Google Drive for desktop" to your computer.
- Tap on "Get Started" after completing the installation.
- Log in to your account via the Google Account details.
- Hit the "Next"> "Got It" to proceed to the setup wizard.
- Now check the box following the "Sync My Drive to this computer" option.
- Choose the desired place to synchronize.
- Users can also press "Ctrl+A" to choose all.
- Tap on "Start" to start downloading your videos from Google Drive to your computer.
Since Google launched the Android operating system, it has become simpler to download Google drive videos for android devices.
Android phones and devices provide greater portability and a handy experience for exclusive entertainment on the go. In order to follow the trends, recently, StreamFab even launch its Android version. StreamFab for Android is a compact MP3 or MP4 downloader that can provide you with the complete playlist downloading option with a quick mode. The device-friendly downloader offers many benefits along with the download. You can get the great audio quality that enhances your relaxing mood and soothing mind.
It provides comprehensive features for the users. Besides, it is also compatible with Windows or Mac. The operation steps are basically the same as that of the pc version. Scan the QR code below and have a try!
iPhone users can download video from google drive to iPhone, camera roll, or a third-party application using the following steps;
Steps for an application
- Go to the Google Drive application and log in with your Google account.
- Find the desired video and tap on the "More" option with three horizontal dots.
- Click on "Open In."
- Choose the application to download the video.
Steps to download google drive video to iPhone
Here is how to download a video from google drive to iPhone;
- Go to Google Drive and log in to your account.
- Upon searching for the desired video that should be downloaded, click on an icon presenting three horizontal dots.
- Click on "Open in" and then "Save to Files."
- Finally, select the place to save the video to your iPhone after clicking on the "Save" option.
Steps for camera roll
- Open Google Drive and log in via your Google Account.
- Click on the "More" icon after the required video.
- Choose "Send a copy" and then hit the "Save video" option.
You can download YouTube videos to Google Drive by using many different methods. Something straight up with the Google Drive extension. Follow these steps:
- Visit the Google Chrome Web Store and click on the search box.
- Type Save to Google Drive extension and search it.
- Now click on "Add an extension".
- After a few seconds, you will see a file downloaded with the driver's logo at the top of the browser window.
- Now, visit your Google Drive account and make a folder with the name of YouTube downloads or whatever you like.
- Tap on options after Right-click the drive logo to open a new page.
- After it, tap on the "Destination" folder.
- An option will appear for YouTube Download Folders. Go to the options and choose it.
- Visit the YouTube site right now and copy your desired video URL.
- Now, you need to make a download link for the YouTube video that you need to save to Google Drive. For that purpose, you can access numerous apps like StreamFab Video Downloader, which supports downloading videos from Youtube directly.
- You can paste the copied YouTube video link to an application including StreamFab Video Downloader and click on download. Soon, you will see the download options for various video formats. Right-click on the option you require or is according to your device and hit the "Save" option.
- Lastly, the download will start promptly. The larger the video size, the more time it will take. But with StreamFab All-In-One, your time will be saved greatly thanks to its fast downloading speed.
Google Drive is a popular app for storing and syncing data. It is from the secure platforms that help save your content like pictures, audio, music, videos etc. Once your files and folder are saved on google drive, you can access them as soon as the internet is connected to your system, including PC, Mac, Android or iPhone. This smart service makes it easy to share your files from the drive to other devices. Even you can also directly send your device's files to Google Drive within a few clicks.
If you are unable to download a video from google drive inspite of having access, you may have third-party cookies problems. It may also be a fault of your browser's extension. Let's see here how to resolve this:
- Open Chrome's Cookie Settings page.
- Check the option "Including third-party cookies on this site" below the site exception for drive.google.com.
- If there is no such option, choose "Trash" to remove the website and try to extract your video again.
- Ensure that there are no entries like this; "google.com," "drive.google.com," or "googleusercontent.com."
- If there is something like this, tap on the "Menu" icon, and hit the "Remove" option.
If the solution mentioned above does not work, then you need to resolve the problem of your browser extension：
- Turn off all your browser extensions and try to download the video again.
- Turn on one extension and check to download again if you successfully download it.
- Repeat the same process until you find the defaulter browser extension.
- Upon seeing it, deactivate this to prevent the problem the next time.
The article displays all possible solutions to download videos from google drive to different devices. You can quickly go through them and choose the best one according to your requirements. We have also detailed a third-party app SteamFab video downloader to download videos from google drive if you are constantly facing failure issues. It is a unique app that works on any device, including smartphones. This safe and secure program offers numerous file formats and video quality selections. In addition to downloading Google drive videos, you also need to know how to play mp4 in Google drive.